iTunes Gift Certificate:

I got a Gift Certificate to iTunes from my brother- While I know he meant well, I had mentioned to my family that it would be a wasted gift as I prefer CD's vs digital CD's. Every once in a while, I come across a catchy song but have no desire to buy the whole album, so I get the single via iTunes.

I did add two songs, but I have 23 left to go. So what I am wondering is what everyone's favorite songs are. Top 5 of all time would rule cause I want to steal some of your songs so I can add them to my iTunes.

Although I am an all-around metalhead, I do love the Blues, Opera and classical, so don't feel limited.

Thanks!

-MetalRose

No idea what is on ITunes. I got a gift card as well, and I'm at a loss with what to do with it. I have no need to mess my digital collection with a bunch of 128Kbps AAC encoded DRM garbage. Maybe I can sell it to someone here at work and buy a real CD I don't have.

METAL
And Then There Was Silence- Blind Guardian
The Accolade- Symphony X
Groan Of Wind- Kalmah
1964. It Felt Like The End- Manticora
The Kingdom Of My Will- Lost Horizon
Acid Rain- Angra
The Leading- Brainstorm

do you like celtic stuff? if so...
The Fairy Ring by David Arkenstone
Over The Hills by David Arkenstone
The Musical Priest or Castle Kelly by Anril
The Vikings by Ronan Hardiman
Celtic Cry by Lord Of Dance

No idea what is on ITunes. I got a gift card as well, and I'm at a loss with what to do with it. I have no need to mess my digital collection with a bunch of 128Kbps AAC encoded DRM garbage. Maybe I can sell it to someone here at work and buy a real CD I don't have.

About the only thing I can't find on iTunes is Freak Kitchen, but I've been able to find everything from Dimmu to Volbeat and almost everything in between. I've even been able to find local unsigned bands on it.

No-Mercy said:
And Then There Was Silence- Blind Guardian
The Accolade- Symphony X
Groan Of Wind- Kalmah
1964. It Felt Like The End- Manticora
The Kingdom Of My Will- Lost Horizon
Acid Rain- Angra
The Leading- Brainstorm

Sweet! I'll have to check some of those out and see about downloading them!

-Metal

Hmm, a few possibilities for songs:

Fear Factory, "Resurrection"
Dimmu Borgir, "The Insight and the Catharsis"
Superior, "Why?"
Ocean Machine (or Devin Townsend), "Life" or "Seventh Wave" or "Greetings/Regulator"
The Cruxshadows, "Sympathy (For Tomorrow)"
Type O Negative, "Die With Me"
The Last Dance, "Wanderlust" or "Spirit" (their Dead Can Dance cover)
Celldweller, "The Last Firstborn" or "Switchback" or, hell, that whole CD
Opeth, "Bleak" or "The Baying of the Hounds" or "Serenity Painted Death"
Ozric Tentacles, "Ayurvedic" (live)...or the whole Live Underslunky album
Blue Oyster Cult, "Magna of Illusion" (or other better-known BOC songs, of course, but I love Imaginos)
Dead Can Dance, "Rakim" (live) or "Cantara" (studio)
Children of Bodom, "Hate Me!" or "Everytime I Die"

I'll stop, as it's 3am. :)

1. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
2. Journey - Separate Ways (World's Apart)
3. Night Ranger - Don't Tell Me You Love Me
4. Whitesnake - Still Of The Night
5. Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

I have a couple iTunes gift cards too. Not sure what the hell to do with them. I only have gotten one song that for some reason I did not have on any cd, but other than that...I have like over $50 still....

Metal, David Arkenstone is definitely worth checking out! I already know I love the music from Lord of the Dance, and the other songs in this list sound too cool to pass up! :tickled:

Fear Factory, "Resurrection"
The Cruxshadows, "Sympathy (For Tomorrow)"
Celldweller, "The Last Firstborn" or "Switchback" or, hell, that whole CD
Dead Can Dance, "Rakim" (live) or "Cantara" (studio)
Good choices, Paul! "Resurrection" is my favorite Fear Factory song and you already know how I feel about Celldweller :)

I have a couple iTunes gift cards too. Not sure what the hell to do with them.

Argh! Am I the only one that DID want an iTunes card and didn't get one?! :lol:

Metal, David Arkenstone is definitely worth checking out! I already know I love the music from Lord of the Dance, and the other songs in this list sound too cool to pass up! :tickled:

ha glad to see someone else into this stuff.
arkenstone is indeed fantastic. haha and yes the other ones are too good to pass up. david arkenstone is probably my favorite of irish/celtic style composers.

James Newton Howard - What Are You Asking Me? (from The Village film score)

I don't know if you like film music but even if you don't I still recommend this highly. It's one of my all-time favorite pieces of music.

ha glad to see someone else into this stuff.
arkenstone is indeed fantastic. haha and yes the other ones are too good to pass up. david arkenstone is probably my favorite of irish/celtic style composers.

Great talent and a nice guy, too. I had the privilege of seeing him perform at a Wyndham Hill 'winter solstice showcase' in Atlanta a few years ago, along with several other WH artists, and it was an amazing show. Seeing Tuck Andress' performance was worth the price of admission alone. What an amazing evening!

Hmm, a few possibilities for songs:

The Last Dance, "Wanderlust" or "Spirit" (their Dead Can Dance cover)

LOL I already own all their music collections, so those are both on my iPod of course!

Thanks to all for the suggestions, I'll be listening and downloading shortly and letting you all know what I thought!

-Metal

Check out the following from Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite (if you don't already have them):
Morning Mood
Aase's Death
and of course, In the Hall of the Mountain King.
The BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra version is quite good.

:

Thanks to Pellaz as I'm really digging the Children of Bodom tune (Every Time I die).

-Metal

Seek ye out the video for said song....'cause it happens to feature everyone's favorite Finnish metal meister and tour manager Ewo, as the Grim Reaper. :lol: :kickass:

EDIT: hell, here it is:

Last edited by a moderator: