Kick-Off Show: Saxon & Armored Saint join the roster (6/18 upate)

Been awhile since I was last on here. However, I got notification about a change in the line-up with regards to the kickoff and had to go check. DAMN!!! I was majorly bummed about D.C. having to pull out, but getting to see Saxon and Armored Saint again is going to be friggan AWESOME!! That money I spent on the VIP is going to be worth every friggan cent here!

DC was really the only band I was interested in seeing that night. As much as a DC fanboy as I am, I didn't really feel he was big enough to be the headliner but I was still thrilled to be able to see him.

Saxon was one of the bands I kind of missed out on growing up. Last year at PPUSA, one of my buds Stevie mentioned how great some Saxon CD was. So when I got home I bought some 3 CD best of CD by them since I had been craving new classic metal at the time. Well, I was pleased and liked it. So now I am excited to be able to see Saxon live. I need to spend a lot of time with that CD this year getting more familiar with their music before the show. As much as I like DC, I think Saxon is a much bigger draw as a headliner. So thanks Nathan for coming through for us, I'm sure this sucked badly to have your headliner cancel on you.

Guy

Been awhile since I was last on here. However, I got notification about a change in the line-up with regards to the kickoff and had to go check. DAMN!!! I was majorly bummed about D.C. having to pull out, but getting to see Saxon and Armored Saint again is going to be friggan AWESOME!! That money I spent on the VIP is going to be worth every friggan cent here!

Yup. VIP for Kickoff night is always going to be a blind buy for me. :)

DC was really the only band I was interested in seeing that night. As much as a DC fanboy as I am, I didn't really feel he was big enough to be the headliner but I was still thrilled to be able to see him.

Saxon was one of the bands I kind of missed out on growing up. Last year at PPUSA, one of my buds Stevie mentioned how great some Saxon CD was. So when I got home I bought some 3 CD best of CD by them since I had been craving new classic metal at the time. Well, I was pleased and liked it. So now I am excited to be able to see Saxon live. I need to spend a lot of time with that CD this year getting more familiar with their music before the show. As much as I like DC, I think Saxon is a much bigger draw as a headliner. So thanks Nathan for coming through for us, I'm sure this sucked badly to have your headliner cancel on you.

Guy

Guy, you're gonna love Saxon. They're one of the best live bands I've seen (saw them in 2010, 2011, 2013) and they always deliver. With Armored Saint, that's a killer bill. Don't really care about the first 2 bands, but will try to check them out anyway.

saw Saxon about a year or so ago with Halcyon Way...they absolutely kicked ass live after all these years! If you are even a remote fan they are not to be missed. Fans of old know what I am talking about!

so do you remember the set list Saxon played when you saw them last year??

so do you remember the set list Saxon played when you saw them last year??

Even if you don't, these guys probably do...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/saxon-73d69eb9.html

That said, I think their recent touring has centered mostly around their classic early 80s material. It looks like they may be releasing a new album this summer though, so by the time September rolls around, maybe the setlist might include more recent material