Kick-Off Show: Saxon & Armored Saint join the roster (6/18 upate)

Just saw the Saxon / Armored Saint tour a few weeks ago in San Jose, it was awesome, both bands are still tight as hell and rocked the shit out of the place. Cant wait to see Saxon on the big stage and see Armored Saint again as they tore it up a few years ago too!!

Bear

Not taking anything away from DC Cooper, but this is a complete upgrade for me. Saxon has been one of my bucket list bands, and considered driving 4hrs north to see them open for Judas Priest last month but couldn't make it. This couldn't work out any better IMHO.

Thanks Nathan for putting this together. You rock! :danceboy::Smokin: :headbang:

I'm going to piggy back on this. My wife and I weren;t planning on attending the Thursday show, but as soon as this was announced I was buying tickets. HUGE, HUGE upgrade to me. I have never seen Saxon before and Armored Saint just brings it live, plus their new album kicks ass.

I also wasn't planning on going to this show, as DC really isn't a draw for me. Now, this is essential. I saw Saxon a few years ago in Chicago and they FAR exceeded my expectations. It wasn't in that great of a venue, either, so seeing them at Center Stage has the chance to rival the Accept performance for my favorite traditional heavy metal set at ProgPower.

Never doubted that you'd find a suitable replacement, but DAMN, SON... TWO??? Either one of these bands alone would have been enough! I can also attest having seen both bands last month on their Dallas tour stop that they will both bring a fantastic show to Atlanta! Kudos, Nathan!

I just read this entire thread this morning, so my initial reaction to seeing the subject line announcing the addition of Saxon and Armored Saint brought me nothing but immense joy. Armored Saint always delivers live, and I've always wanted to see Saxon, but something always came up whenever they were in Chicago. This couldn't be better news! Then I clicked on the link and found out that they were added to the bill to replace D.C. Cooper. Now I'm a mix of excited and bummed, but leaning toward excited. I love D.C.'s solo album, and though I did see some of that material performed with Silent Force as well as in his acoustic set from nearly ten years ago, I really wanted to hear more of it with a full electric band. Nonetheless, Nathan has done a great job booking Almah and Dragonland (two other bands that I'm excited to see) and finding two awesome replacements to cap off the night. I can't wait!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Armored Saint AND The Mighty Saxon!!! I was bummed I didn't get to see them together this spring and seeing them both at ProgPower with Almah and Dragonland will be Epic! Thanks again Nathan!!

I would be interested in how this has "Kick-Off" ticket sales to this event....

No offense to DC, but this is a huge upgrade. I was planning on leaving after Dragonland and socializing in the lobby or Courtyard, but now I am in attendance all night! Can't wait for this!