King Biscuit

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
So How many ""In Concert::King Biscuit"" cds do you own..For me tons at home, some are

Kingfish:Smokin:
Steve Forbert;)
John Enthwistle:kickass:
10cc:headbang:
The Fixx:)
Canned Heat:Smokin:

thats for starters

I like all of them that I have for different reasons...my favorite being the Humble Pie...it's long and it's the latter day version of the Pie with Clem Clempson and has more of a funky tone as opposed to the blistering Live @ the Filmore so it's great to have both...Steve Marriot's to me was one of the best and most unique front man in rock...his vocals kill on this one...RIP Steve.

The Greg Lake is a cool one also...it's him pairing up with Gary Moore and they do a lot of cool stuff from their past...as always Gary smokes on it.

This is more bluesy style funk...it's Humble Pie...they are a hard rock band...this show is just a little bit more soulful and bluesy...it even features some 3 chick background singers...got to love it.

Very sorry to disappoint you....I have never liked Humble Pie, and own nothing by them!! (I did, however, like Small Faces)!

Paul

Yes, I've always loved the guys voice, and met my (now ex-) wife at an ELP gig in September 1970. I also lurve Triumph - so please tell me a little more about that one...

Paul

The Greg Lake is smokin' great tunes and Gary Moore on guitar nuff said.

The Triumph is a hot show...if you like the band they where on fire that night...it's so much better than the pieced together Stages...probably catching the band in their prime while they were still hungry to rock.

That's good to hear...I will investigate. (I had, in any case, avoided the 'Stages' package, as I had already been lead to believe that it did not really sapture the band at the best).

Many thanks,

Paul

Very sorry to disappoint you....I have never liked Humble Pie, and own nothing by them!! (I did, however, like Small Faces)!

Paul

You do know thats where Peter Frampton came from I do think he was 16 or 17 at the time....Google Peter Frampton-Humble Pie great photos.:wave:

PF joined SWM to form Humble Pie in 1969, three years after he joined The Herd, Bob. Some of his work with the Herd might be regarded as seminal, but my favourite all-time release by the man is 'Frampton Comes Alive' (1976).

It's important to recognise the correct sequence of events, I think...

Paul