KIUAS, NOVEMBERS DOOM, PERZONAL WAR: First Announced Bands for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

I'd like to make a request. Can you kindly announce bands that I want to see? Thank you.

Zod

Unfortunately for you, it's a fairly safe bet that they won't be. :p Especially since they're regularly touring bands & they're also from the states...so the lack of novelty to boot won't get your ass here...I'm certain of it.

So...there's always 2010. :lol:

Unfortunately for you, it's a fairly safe bet that they won't be. :p Especially since they're regularly touring bands & they're also from the states...so the lack of novelty to boot won't get your ass here...I'm certain of it.

You gotta admire honesty this refreshing. :lol: This is great news for me, though, because I prefer US bands over European bands most of the time.

Unfortunately for you, it's a fairly safe bet that they won't be. :p Especially since they're regularly touring bands & they're also from the states...
Nevermore fits that description, and I'd walk to Chicago for Nevermore.

... so the lack of novelty to boot won't get your ass here...I'm certain of it.
Ironically, you've already delivered the novelty... Kiuas. I love Reformation. And truthfully, I'm not looking for novelty. Granted, someone like Eyefear would be awesome. But I also recognize that flying five guys in from Australia, who won't draw flies, makes little business sense.

Given that I flew to Sweden last year, in large part for Primordial, it's a fair bet I'll make it to Chicago for Primordial, Moonsorrow, Novembers Doom, Kiuas, MWC and Korpiklaani. It's already a very solid weekend. I'm just a greedy bastard and I'm hoping for a little more icing on my cake. :heh:

Zod

Some guesses:

Over Kill
Jag Panzer
Exodus
Warbringer
Obituary
Arsis
Cannibal Corpse

Wishes:
Forbidden
Powermad

But like General Zod said, I'm happy with the line up so far, and everything else is just gravy.

Some guesses:

Over Kill
Jag Panzer
Exodus
Warbringer
Obituary
Arsis
Cannibal Corpse

Wishes:
Forbidden
Powermad

But like General Zod said, I'm happy with the line up so far, and everything else is just gravy.

Exodus & Warbringer are already on tour with Kreator at this time. I think Cannibal Corpse is also (or just finished a tour).

Morbid Angel - god I hope not, but they arent regularly touring
Pestilence - they have been touring since reforming or at least I think
Anthrax
Chimaira
Down