Labyrinth

MetalNations

Aug 29, 2002
In Space
I have been listening to a few songs from Labyrinth this morning. I am hoping to see them next year at Prog/Power ;) . How many people here would love to see these great guys in the states!!!!? :headbang:

With a new CD due out early next year, I think the chances are good that they may make it to PP VI, especially if it is as good as their last. But of course, logistics usually have the final say on who can make it/gets invited to the show.

YtseJammer said:
They're one of the bands I'm dying to see live..
me too,Roberto's voice is just fucking amazing+im sure that the new cd will be amazing i mean andrea's riffs and solos has always been kick ass and pier's is a guitar genius ;)

I'd go for that. I don't think they've even come close to matching Return to Heaven Denied, but I can definitely live with them in a middle slot with an hour or so.

Have to go with Nightwish, Stratovarius, Shaman, or Sonata Arctica as the headliner though. More solid albums to draw from.

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMANAMANANMANAMANAMANANAMAMNMNAANANNNN!!

And yes, there was a magic captured on Return To Heaven Denied. I wish we could find a keyboardist for my band, we wanna play 'Moonlight' sooooooo badly, but I dare not touch that song without all the keyboards... it'd be, like, sacrilegious, or some other big word...

Any word on when the next album will be coming out? All I hear is they are in the studio. Progress reports?

Come on... I'm Jonesing bad here...

I'd think that Lady Lost in Time would be the perfect song to just rip through without keyboards. Or The Prophet.

They really need to get that production up to where it was on Return to Heaven Denied. Sons of Thunder had decent music but the production was an atrocity. The self-titled one was better but they still didn't really nail it. Most of the really good bands get a little better with each release, like Edguy, Nightwish, and Kamelot. Labyrinth has all the symptoms of a band that peaked 7 years ago. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong on the latest release cuz they can be a great band.

Aww! You gotta have the piano intro to Lady Lost In Time!!! :erk: :headbang:

And I think the sound quality is another reason why Olaf left. Matt wants his drums to sound a little more natural, less processed. And the guitars certainly don't have the mid-scooped, deep sounding tone like Olaf has. I could tell from Sons of Thunder that these changes weren't accidental, or caused by poor engineering or recording.

But that's also why I'm glad Vision Divine came to be. I love the old sound from Return To Heaven Denied, but I also love this fresh new sound from Labyrinth. So different, yet so good.

Bryan316 said:
Aww! You gotta have the piano intro to Lady Lost In Time!!! :erk: :headbang:

And I think the sound quality is another reason why Olaf left. Matt wants his drums to sound a little more natural, less processed. And the guitars certainly don't have the mid-scooped, deep sounding tone like Olaf has. I could tell from Sons of Thunder that these changes weren't accidental, or caused by poor engineering or recording.

But that's also why I'm glad Vision Divine came to be. I love the old sound from Return To Heaven Denied, but I also love this fresh new sound from Labyrinth. So different, yet so good.
oh cmon arguyement over the sound quality doesnt sound like good reason for a person to leave a band.Im sure the reasons are more deeper than that.Plus i think the poor production fucked up the last labyrinth cd,andrea's solos are technically good but it sounds so weak