Mago de Oz for a future pp! What do you think?

Edu_

New Metal Member
Sep 25, 2007
I dont know how many of you are familiar with this band from spain but I think it would be great as a "weird" DSO/MUSTASCH/FREAK KITCHEN type of weird band for the fest.

OPinions?

That would be brilliant, but it's hard to imagine their grand production fitting inside Center Stage. Then again, Therion did it...

Justin,

they don't always take their grand production on tour. they've played in puertorico 2 times with just a normal background. nothing fancy and they've been great!

The only thing is that it's in spanish, but O dont think that would be trouble since they've played the US before.

I wonder if Glenn knows about this band. does he?

They have such a great reputation. Never destroyed a hotel room. Nope. Never.

Enjoy their music though. Been mentioned here several times.

Mago de Oz would destroy Glenn's budget. Remember, Mago was charging upwards of $50-75 per ticket for the last tour that got canceled. They would not come cheap. Unless some sponsor was willing to come up with a truckload of money, Mago ain't happening. However, I DO see something like Rata Blanca or Dark Moor doing PPUSA at a more reasonable rate.

Mago de Oz would destroy Glenn's budget. Remember, Mago was charging upwards of $50-75 per ticket for the last tour that got canceled. They would not come cheap. Unless some sponsor was willing to come up with a truckload of money, Mago ain't happening. However, I DO see something like Rata Blanca or Dark Moor doing PPUSA at a more reasonable rate.
Saw them in NYC last year. Don't recall the tickets being that expensive, but that's not to say their guarantee isn't. The venue they played was at least twice the size of center stage and they packed it. Looking at that show, I would have to assume they would certainly draw well.

I'm all for Mago De Oz at a future PP! :headbang:

Most of the draw for Mago De Oz is from the hispanic community and not the metal crowd. I dont think they would be a huge draw for ProgPower. It would be cool to see but you would get lots of locals just there to see them and no one else.

How about Tuatha de Danann? They can't be too pricey to pry from Brazil..

I definitely should check out Mago, tho.

How about Tuatha de Danann? They can't be too pricey to pry from Brazil..

I definitely should check out Mago, tho.

If this happened I'd almost be willing to foot the entire bill. They'd be really really hit or miss with this crowd though. Just a little too out there, I think. Beyond even DSO. By the way, Milton, I'm holding you to your promise to get me a real copy of Trova di Danu.

This is amazing.

Tuatha would rule beyond all. It would be one of the most amazing folky prog/power metal band. Quality of this video isn't great, but I love this song...

Last edited by a moderator: