Matt Barlow is back with Iced Earth! Good choice or bad?

Matt Barlow is back in Iced Earth! What do you think?

• Matt belongs in Iced Earth!

Votes: 88 80.7%
  • Ripper was better for Iced Earth

Votes: 21 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ripper was better for the glorious burden

matt is better for everything else

but IMO ripper is just as good of a singer in his own department.

I think they were both great for the band... I just feel a bit bad for Ripper getting kicked to the curb like that. "Oh would you look at that! Old singer is back in Metal...See ya 'round Ripper!" I mean geez...lol. Granted I don't know all the details and I'm just assuming but...that's kind of how it looks.

...Now if only that would happen with the New Nightwish...haha One can only hope ;)

He still said what he said, and went against it.

funny-pictures-bored-cat.jpg

He still said what he said, and went against it.
So you're saying he's human?

I doubt there's anyone on this board that hasn't reconsidered a major decision they've made...a lot of us don't get the chance to undo that decision, Matt got that chance and whatever his motives may be or whatever caused his change of heart, he decided that being in Iced Earth was right for him. Personally, I'm excited he's back, but even if I wasn't, I'd be hard pressed to come up with justification for calling him a hypocrite.

So you're saying he's human?

I doubt there's anyone on this board that hasn't reconsidered a major decision they've made...a lot of us don't get the chance to undo that decision, Matt got that chance and whatever his motives may be or whatever caused his change of heart, he decided that being in Iced Earth was right for him. Personally, I'm excited he's back, but even if I wasn't, I'd be hard pressed to come up with justification for calling him a hypocrite.

He hasnt said anything regarding his comments he made when leaving IE, hes a hypocrite it's simple. If a politcian is a hypocrite you guys dont vote etc, but if hes a vocalist in a band you like alot you easily dismiss it

:zombie::zombie:

He hasnt said anything regarding his comments he made when leaving IE, hes a hypocrite it's simple. If a politcian is a hypocrite you guys dont vote etc, but if hes a vocalist in a band you like alot you easily dismiss it

:zombie::zombie:

honestly is it a sin to change your mind?

you know politicians and musicians are two different things.

matt barlow being flexible on his position to leave music or to stay with it is one thing, but a politicians position on the iraq war isnt something he can just change his mind on and have supporters.

matt probably just got to missing the music scene and wanted back in, wow what an asshole right?

honestly is it a sin to change your mind?

you know politicians and musicians are two different things.

matt barlow being flexible on his position to leave music or to stay with it is one thing, but a politicians position on the iraq war isnt something he can just change his mind on and have supporters.

matt probably just got to missing the music scene and wanted back in, wow what an asshole right?

I'm a person who believes in a strong moral code, I don't like people who go against their word, no matter how large the situation.

I like Matt and Ripper. I was diggin' what Iced Earth was producing and I believe they had some momentum going for them- hopefully this abrupt decision doesn't hurt the band.

I'm a person who believes in a strong moral code, I don't like people who go against their word, no matter how large the situation.

Ever heard of:

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.) - Walt Whitman

It's quite human to go back on an opinion.

Point is...it's not the end of the world that a musician decided he missed the music. Oh noez!

I'm still quite confused as to what exactly he was a 'hypocrite' about. What EXACTLY did he say and 'go against' that's royally pissing you off? :lol: You can whine and complain all you want but until you're specific about what exactly is making you pissy no one is really going to take you seriously. lol :loco:

Ever heard of:

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.) - Walt Whitman

It's quite human to go back on an opinion.

Point is...it's not the end of the world that a musician decided he missed the music. Oh noez!

I'm still quite confused as to what exactly he was a 'hypocrite' about. What EXACTLY did he say and 'go against' that's royally pissing you off? :lol: You can whine and complain all you want but until you're specific about what exactly is making you pissy no one is really going to take you seriously. lol :loco:

agreed there padre

im sure somewhere sometime in your life you have changed your opinion on something rms, maybe a band for example, you didnt like them the first listen but then they grew on you, now you like them. okay you said you didnt like them before, so i guess you are a hypocrite?

cmon man theres no need to make attacks on someone over small things, even though matts never going to read this, its still just sad that stuff like that is even written.

Here's a difference in a band.

I dont like this band their vocals I cant stand....time later...wow this band is good, I can get into now - hypocrite? NO
I dont like this band, I WILL NEVER GET INTO THIS BAND THEY ARE CRAP.....time later...wow this band is great love em - hypcocrite? YES!

did none of you read his comments when he left IE? For one I felt it was very condescending of how he portrayed the 'rock star allusion' of playing in a band and he said he wanted to do something with his life, which is why he went into law enforcement. Then couple years later he comes back.

Here's a difference in a band.

I dont like this band their vocals I cant stand....time later...wow this band is good, I can get into now - hypocrite? NO
I dont like this band, I WILL NEVER GET INTO THIS BAND THEY ARE CRAP.....time later...wow this band is great love em - hypcocrite? YES!

Wait...What? LOL That made absolutely no sense. But here ya go: *hands you a chill pill*

did none of you read his comments when he left IE? For one I felt it was very condescending of how he portrayed the 'rock star allusion' of playing in a band and he said he wanted to do something with his life, which is why he went into law enforcement. Then couple years later he comes back.

That's not being a hypocrite...that's just having a change of heart about ones occupation. Maybe he wanted to have a regular life for a while after all the success of IE? Is that REALLY so bad? If someone says they want to do something else with their life that doesn't necessarily mean they hate where they are in life at the current moment.... I think you read way too much into his statements and saw something that probably more than likely wasn't there. Sorry you feel that way, but unless Barlow came out and said "OMG I HATE ICED EARTH AND METAL" I'm pretty sure he's not a hypocrite for missing the music.

Cheers.