Metal songs about lost love ?

Good call on the Mentors. As a CSPAN-watching 8th grader when the Senate/PMRC hearings were going on, I made sure to instantly order the above-mentioned gem from Metal Blade/Death Records. Thanks again for the heads-up, Tipper.

SAVAGE TEARS by Balance of Power (That one never leaves my gym playlist).

WASTING LOVE by Iron Maiden (From FEAR OF THE DARK).

And as you well know, Fates Fan, pretty much anything from later-era FATES WARNING.

(ALONE AGAIN by Dokken would have to be the classic choice from the big hair 80s).

I'm not sure you can call a song about a model in a Doc Martens magazine about lost love...

Had to look that one up! Are you talking about this? Even if that random-ass guess about a magazine/catalog is correct, the actual heart of the song clearly goes a lot deeper than that; it's not actually *about* a model in a magazine!

My genius guess from way back then was that "Martens" was a reference to "Lisa Martens Pace", mentioned in the liner notes, and (soon to be?) Myung's wife. I figured Moore fucked her or something, and that's also why he was no longer in the band. All fits together neatly. :loco:

Ah, those were the days, when I would pay such attention to an album that I would invent theories about it!

Neil

Looking for songs about lost love and heartbreak? Look no further than this romance opus...

Mentors_yafi.jpg

Zod

Proof to your point can be summed up in one song title....."My Erection Is Over".:loco:

Had to look that one up! Are you talking about this? Even if that random-ass guess about a magazine/catalog is correct, the actual heart of the song clearly goes a lot deeper than that; it's not actually *about* a model in a magazine!

My genius guess from way back then was that "Martens" was a reference to "Lisa Martens Pace", mentioned in the liner notes, and (soon to be?) Myung's wife. I figured Moore fucked her or something, and that's also why he was no longer in the band. All fits together neatly. :loco:

Ah, those were the days, when I would pay such attention to an album that I would invent theories about it!

Neil

Wow, you gotta give props to the thought pattern there. I do miss the days when I had the time or interest in pouring over every inch of an album cover, tape insert, or cd liner.

There has been some cool stuff posted here and thanks to all for the input. Keep it coming.

I wrote a tune a few years ago about my Mother who passed away from Cancer in 2005 called "Legacy in a Rhyme." Not sure if this counts for this thread, but I thought you might enjoy it regardless :) I asked Michael to write the lyrics because I felt like if I took on that task that it would end up too personal.

Come fly away with me
close your eyes and find
a place between dream and reality

That's where I live
that's where I breathe
oceans of creation...
Heart for the heartless

Remember me, in vain I did not suffer
And the pain won't hurt me anymore
Remember me, and I am forever
I gave my everything and I still do my love
Let me bleed for you

I know how to make a sacrifice
I am the poet with the bloody knife

What I have seen
Where I have been
The life that I created
A miracle indeed

Remember me, in vain I did not suffer
And the pain won't hurt me anymore
Remember me, and I am forever
I gave my everything and I still do my love
Let me bleed for you

No time to waste, only time to treasure
And I do every second of every hour
(Remember me my love, I am forever)
Creating a memory with words of mine
(Remember me my love, I bleed for you)
My love, my life, my legacy in a rhyme

(Remember me my love, I bleed for you)

No time to waste, only time to treasure
Creating the memories that will last forever
The sounds and the pictures that echo through time
My love, my life,
My Legacy In A Rhyme

Last edited by a moderator:

It actually comes from having been on the Ytsejam mailing list since 1995 and having friends who were friends with Kevin. He had a briefcase that he carried around with his stuff in it, and kept the magazine in question in that case. Did the song have greater implications? Yes, no doubt, but that was the inspiration. :p

I like the conspiracy theories, though!

I thought this thread needed some Kamelot! So here we go:
Memento Mori
The Mourning After (Carry On)
Season's End
Eden Echo
This Pain (I know many people bitch about this song being crappy but I strongly disagree.)
Can You Remember
Temples of Gold (My favorite Kam ballad)
Forever
Snow
Wander

Er...I think that's good for now! :lol: