New Iron Maiden Tour Dates Are Phony!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
My apologies to all! I was under the impression the new dates were valid as I got them from bravewords to begin with.

Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 at 18:05:41 EST

BraveWords.com recently reported an updated list of IRON MAIDEN North American tour dates - we regret to inform readers that some of the dates were not official and were reported in error (via Wikipedia). BW&BK apologizes for the misleading information. Refer to the official IRON MAIDEN website for complete up-to-date and "accurate" information.

"Official" Somewhere Back In Time - World Tour '08 USA tour dates are as follows:

May
21 - San Antonio, TX - Verizon Wireless
22 - Houston, TX - Woodlands
25 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
26 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion
28 - Concord, CA - Concord
30 - Los Angeles, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
31 - Los Angeles, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

June
2 - Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheatre

This thread should be merged.
That said, I hope there's no conflict between the Paganfest and Iron Maiden Atlanta dates.

Yep, as I expected. this statement is taken from www.ironmaiden.com

"Useful as it is, anyone who's ever submitted school work based on what they found on Wikipedia surely knows that it's not always entirely factual.

In the case of Iron Maiden un-announced tour dates, its very much a work of fiction!

Remember folks, dates aren't official until they are announced right here on IM.com. You don't have long to wait - the second leg dates for North America will be published soon. But in the meantime, please don't pay attention to tour info on Wikipedia or any sites that have copied the same rumours cos I can tell you all that they're not correct and we'd hate for anyone to make concrete plans based on bad information."

You guys sincerely think there will be an Atlanta date?? Just wishful thinking, or have you heard/seen something indicating so?

Shaye

These are the "phony" dates that were posted:
May 16, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheatre 19,000
May 17, 2008 Orlando, FL Amway Arena 17,700
May 19, 2008 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre 19,000

The Atl date being the same as Paganfest caused some anxiety; however, it would have been better than no date at all.

This is why my college does not allow Wikipedia to be used as references in assignments, it is mostly bullshit as anyone can add anything at anytime.

Can't wait for March 14 at the Izod Center, I am so amped for this!