Nightwish/Kamelot *confirmed* for Wed/Thurs Shows

She's quite likeable live.

That said, they use her voice to the best effect on this new album. I bought it feeling HIGHLY skeptical (because dammit, I miss Tarja and was less-than-impressed with DPP) but NW won me back with this latest release. It's no less than outstanding, and I'm hoping they perform the entire thing for the Atlanta show!

+1

THANK YOU! Four more tickets sold. Going both nights. Bucket list of bands to see just got WAAAAY smaller thanks to this INCREDIBLE four day weekend! Thank you Glenn and Jen!

This is a silly comment. This is a full blown U.S. tour in which Nightwish picked the opener long after I signed them. You should know the facts before you make assumptions.

Didn't make any assumptions and I understood that. I think you read more into my comment than I meant to imply. It is cool you got a major tour to stop at ProgPower. It just doesn't happen to be my thing, that's all.

Last I checked, this is an open forum where I can express my opinion.

You must have checked in the wrong place. This is not an *open* forum. This is a private forum that I pay for and maintain as an extension of my business. Yes, I do allow constructive criticism and negative comments if I believe they are warranted. I also have no problem with folks expressing their disappointment because of the band choices. You can't win them all.

However, I draw the line at thinking you can say whatever you want around here without consequence. That didn't work out too well for Ascension, Benmech, etc and I didn't lose any sleep.

So this is a genuine question...Glenn you say that Nightwish will sell out without ProgPower....but why would a local person be excited to see Nightwish and NOT want to go to ProgPower? And my reverse question is the same for TheLongshot....why would you not be into Nightwish/Kamelot but be into the lineup that weekend? How could someone who loves Imaginarium not love Beyond the Bridge (as an opener example?) How could a Kamelot fan not love Kingcrow? They both start with the letter "K"! :) Okay, last one was a joke, since I am "giddy" with excitement about the WHOLE line up.

Maybe TheLongshot has already seen NW and Kamelot a million times...then that I would understand. I'm really curious how people view the crossover-ness (look I made up a word!) from a Nightwish concert to a ProgPower weekend. It's not like NW/Kamelot and then Toby Keith for instance! :)

Ranking TheLongshot with BenMech and Ascension is hardly fair. The guy just states he doesn't like it, he doesn't go on to state that he doesn't like it, that it sucks, why it sucks, and then go on to personally insult anyone who actually likes whatever he doesn't like, unlike the other two. He's not railing about the declining quality of the fest, unlike some folks have (who are no longer here,) he's not telling everyone that they suck for LIKING this lineup, he's not calling anyone yes-men/women, or accusing us all of "sucking on Glenn's Trombone" like BenMech did...all in all, TheLongshot is hardly being a dick about things just because he's not excited about them.

So this is a genuine question...Glenn you say that Nightwish will sell out without ProgPower....but why would a local person be excited to see Nightwish and NOT want to go to ProgPower? And my reverse question is the same for TheLongshot....why would you not be into Nightwish/Kamelot but be into the lineup that weekend? How could someone who loves Imaginarium not love Beyond the Bridge (as an opener example?) How could a Kamelot fan not love Kingcrow? They both start with the letter "K"! Okay, last one was a joke, since I am "giddy" with excitement about the WHOLE line up.

To answer both questions, just because you are a fan of one band doesn't make you fan of the genre, and vice-versa. I have seen Kamelot multiple times, and despite being a huge fan of Conception and Khan, I could never get into Kamelot. They just didn't click for me.

OrbWeaver said:
Ranking TheLongshot with BenMech and Ascension is hardly fair. The guy just states he doesn't like it, he doesn't go on to state that he doesn't like it, that it sucks, why it sucks, and then go on to personally insult anyone who actually likes whatever he doesn't like, unlike the other two. He's not railing about the declining quality of the fest, unlike some folks have (who are no longer here,) he's not telling everyone that they suck for LIKING this lineup, he's not calling anyone yes-men/women, or accusing us all of "sucking on Glenn's Trombone" like BenMech did...all in all, TheLongshot is hardly being a dick about things just because he's not excited about them.

Thanks. You said it better than I ever could. On that note, I'll bow out of this thread so I'm not viewed as thread crapping. For those who love this, enjoy.

Over-react much?

He said his peace. I replied without deleting his reply to my wife. I even told him I understood his disappoinment. We are both big boys and can handle the discussion in a grown up way.

However, I strongly explained this is not an open forum and showed the door to those that thought it was.

There is no need to continue this discussion. Period.

Don't think I've seen this mentioned, but is this going to be like an Evergrey/Vanden Plas deal where both bands are playing headlining sets?