Nightwish/Kamelot *confirmed* for Wed/Thurs Shows

I have a question. I'm going to be a college student by the time the Fest rolls around, so money is going to be short. I don't really wish to get stuck paying for a hotel room alone. Also, being unfamiliar to the area, I would rather not be left to navigate the area myself. So...

Is there anyone who has a hotel room they wouldn't mind adding an extra person to (splitting the cost, of course), or anyone who knows someone willing to?

I have a question. I'm going to be a college student by the time the Fest rolls around, so money is going to be short. I don't really wish to get stuck paying for a hotel room alone. Also, being unfamiliar to the area, I would rather not be left to navigate the area myself. So...

Is there anyone who has a hotel room they wouldn't mind adding an extra person to (splitting the cost, of course), or anyone who knows someone willing to?

Before long, there will be a thread for people looking to share a room/ride. I

So no one has mentioned that Elize is going to play with Kamelot both nights and then again with Amaranthe! Three chances to see her in one long weekend is an extra value added bonus!

So no one has mentioned that Elize is going to play with Kamelot both nights and then again with Amaranthe! Three chances to see her in one long weekend is an extra value added bonus!

Probably explained why Amaranthe is a USA Exclusive, as well.

Hope she gets a lot of rest on Saturday: Wed, Thurs, Fri straight sets will be a grueling way to start her USA tour. Right now their next stop is Sunday, 9/16, so Saturday is all she'll have!

Man, if Tarja and Khan were still there, this would be one of my all time shows, still very interested but wish it would have happened a few years ago.

I just realized they haven't announced the new vocalist for Kamelot yet? Does anyone have any speculation? I am a bit behind my Kamelot news as of late and I was seriously disappointed in Khan leaving the band but after the last few tours I can see teh change was needed. I am glad they found someone and I am sure who will no doubt kick ass!

Bear

I really hope the sales for the Nightwish show bleed over into "HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THIS PROGPOWER THING?" and infuses the fest with new faces..

ie: Chicks.

:)

That said, I likewise hope this brings some new faces in as well as some new alien lifeforms. I get tired of seeing the same humanoid forms year after year. What about some new REPTILIAN faces/bodies? I"m all for anthropomorphosizing, but lets get the real thing here.

I also can't believe I just used the word "anthropomorphosizing".

Checked Ticketmaster today and they're selling a 2 day pass for Nightwish/Kamelot for $81 (including fees!). I feel somewhat gipped for buying them via EnterTheVault.com.

Yeah it was $95 for two tickets for a single day. So I paid $190 for two tickets for both nights. I could have saved $28 had I purchased through TM. I know Glenn has no control over this so it's not his fault. But I'm not too pleased with ETV at the moment. I will hesitate before buying "presale" tickets again from them.

***Edit*** apologies to ETV for my comments above. I jumped the gun, and didn't know the TM listing was an error.

Please note that the two day tickets were placed in error by Ticketmaster. They should be removed by now (not sure they were even actually sold...just listed).

Apologies for the confusion.

Glenn ( who didn't listen to his wife about checking the links earlier)

I just realized they haven't announced the new vocalist for Kamelot yet? Does anyone have any speculation? I am a bit behind my Kamelot news as of late and I was seriously disappointed in Khan leaving the band but after the last few tours I can see teh change was needed. I am glad they found someone and I am sure who will no doubt kick ass!

Bear

I just finished watching the bonus DVD from Jeff Scott Soto's new CD Damage Control and in one part he mentions that he was "one of the first approached" by Kamelot to fill in on their tour after Khan split. He declined, obviously, and they wound up with Fabio, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Bear

I have nothing to base this on whatsoever so it is purely a gut feeling but I think it will be Henning Basse. At least I hope so. :D

Only thing I am concerned about is the large number of people going through the will call line before the show. But I am sure that Glenn will do his best to have something worked out. He has always had a well organized and run festival from my view.

Please note: if you purchased tix for Nightwish/Kamelot from Enter the Vault, you will need to pickup your tix from the venue box office.. your email confirmation is not your ticket. We STRONGLY advise not waiting until doors to pickup your tickets!! Center Stage box office is open at 11am daily. Thank you!

~Jen