Novembers Doom signs to The End Records!

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
June 30th, 2004

Novembers Doom is proud to announce the signing to The End Records. We announced many months ago that we were looking for a new label to work with, and the response was overwhelming. The process took us a very long time to decide as we carefully looked at each and every offer to be positive that we would make the right decision for our future. We would like to say "Thank You" to every label we were in contact with for showing us such amazing interest. We chose to join The End Records for the amazing job the label has done with so many of it's top quality bands. For promotion, it doesn't get much better than The End Records. From magazine ads, to web promotion, television ads on MTV2, video airplay, honesty, and hard work, The End Records is one of the top independent record labels for metal, and progressive music in the world. I'm sure most people reading this has placed an order with their top notch mail order service. With all of this said, the decision was obvious for us, but in fairness, we wanted to talk with any label who was interested in us, no matter how big or small. At the end of the day, turning down money from other labels was easy to do when comparing the integrity of The End Records, and it's staff.

Some have mentioned to us that they had a strong guess that it would be The End Records, do to the tour with The Gathering and Agalloch, and Paul's contribution to the project of The Ends own Tomer Pink, Subterranean Masquerade. This was not a factor in the decision on the bands part, or the labels offer. The band was talking with the label long before these took place.

The first release on The End Records will be a re-issue of our last full length "To Welcome the Fade." This release will contain a bonus CD with unreleased material such as live songs from our tour with The Gathering, the entire and long out-of-print EP "For Every Leaf That Falls," as well as some other possible surprises. Look for this in stores, in Europe and America this October.

The writing process for the 5th full length CD is complete, and we plan on recording the CD in October 2004, for an early 2005 release. The early plan is to once again use the talents of Grammy winning Neal Kernon for the final mix of the CD.

The new CD will be named "The Pale Haunt Departure." It will contain 8 songs, at close to an hour of music. The song titles are (but not in this order): The Pale Haunt Departure, In the Absence of Grace, Dark World Burden, Swallowed By the Moon, The Dead Leaf Echo, Through a Childs Eyes, Collapse of the Falling Throe, and Autumn Reflection.

Plans are still in the works for a live performance to be pro shot for a DVD release in 2005. We have lots of old footage, and some great handheld camera shows from the last tour, so the bonus material will be plenty. A video shoot for the new CD is also being planned by the band, and possibly something containing old material compiled of old handheld camera clips to also be included.

Sadly, we also have to announce that the West Coast tour planed for August has been cancelled by the promoter. We won't be touring until after the CD has been released. Thanks for all the emails and response, welcoming us out west for our first time. We'll see you all soon.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Dark Symphonies (Autumn Ted, Metal Mike, Kathy and Shaun) for years of hard work, and dedication to the band. Despite any differences we may have had, we enjoyed working with each and every person at the label, both on a business, and personal level. We wish them nothing but the very best in the future, and still encourage everyone to support our old releases through this great label.

Congrats, guys!
The End is the best independent label, IMO. I have used their mail order many times and have never been dissapointed. The quality and attention that they put into their bands' releases is impressive.
Best of luck, from a long time fan and friend.

PS, we hit the studio with Neil Kernon on August 7th... we'll try not to tire him out, haha.

Alright! Awesome news, sounds like a good match. Hmm....The Pale Haunt Departure, I like it - some of those titles are really pretty.

Anyway, congratulations on everything, and hope to see you on the forthcoming tour after this great new album comes out :)

OPETH_DT said:
Don't be surprised if it is The End, or something along that line, for example. The End is not only a label in and of itself, but also a distributor of many artists on different labels, with a decent turnaround time on mail orders. This means more exposure than before, and more important to a lot of people, a better chance of seeing Novembers Doom cd's in record stores.
::Rubs crystal ball:: I'm a genius! Seriously, this absolutely rules. This will open doors that should have been opened long before this. Best of luck to a bunch of good friends, and an exciting 2005. You guys deserve the best!

Congratulations guys! This is great news. I really hope you end up using Neal Kernon for the final mix. The guitarsound on "To welcome the fade" is, in my opinion, perfect. Thick and heavy. The "abcence..." sample sounds great.
Looking forward to the new album.
Good luck!

Yeah I'm pretty happy with that guitar sound we got with those Mesas. There's definitely parts of the album where I think the guitars got a bit buried but that's not a big deal. We'll probably use the Mesas again I'm guessing.
The plan right now is to have Neil be a part of the new album but it's still a bit too soon to say for certain. That is just one of many details we'll be working out over the next several weeks.