Odd question (but I think relevant enough) - How much of metal is in the hair ?

mëtålspëd;9611143 said:
My brain hurts every time I see you post. Maybe its just me... but when I see you have posted in a topic (which is pretty much everyone since you are a thread vulture)... I just ignore it. Ugh.

Deal with it, bro. Sometimes humor doesn't translate well over text, and you of course have the option of ignoring any post you want to.

I agree too - I think part of it has to do with most of these bands that can't just rely on the band to pay their bill - so they have jobs/careers outside of the band.

I know with my profession and working with clients, me growing out my hair is considered a no-no. And really - I don't blame them.

Granted you have exceptions on musicians that have made it but cut their hair...but whatever. If I like the music, that's what counts

I don't play in a band, but I have long hair. I am not going to work for a place that is going to put limitations on my hair length like that. If the company I work for told me to cut my hair I would simply go to work elsewhere. Unfortunately, some people have chosen career paths where they are limited on their personal choice of appearance. Personally, I think that is nothing more than a type of discrimination, but what can you do about it ?

Bryant

I don't play in a band, but I have long hair. I am not going to work for a place that is going to put limitations on my hair length like that. If the company I work for told me to cut my hair I would simply go to work elsewhere. Unfortunately, some people have chosen career paths where they are limited on their personal choice of appearance. Personally, I think that is nothing more than a type of discrimination, but what can you do about it ?

Bryant

I wish I could work a job that would let me have a mohawk. :( Unfortunately, I value money over mohawks. Delicious delicious money.

Bryant

This.

If only more guys would stand up for their personal choice of appearance like this. Corporate America decided what "professional" looks like and everyone just goes along with it. It's ridiculous....don't get me started.

Everytime a dude cuts his hair off, a baby dolphin dies.
Save the baby dolphins!

Everytime a dude cuts his hair off, a baby dolphin dies.
Save the baby dolphins!

I once had some of my students suggest that I donate my hair to Locks of Love, which takes 10"+ hair cuttings and makes wigs for children undergoing chemo. When I asked my wife her thoughts, I got "the look", which made it very clear that I was not allowed to cut my hair at all.

As for the original question, I'm a prog fan: if they don't look like accountants or network system administrators, I suspect they're poseurs.