PP USA VIII: Final Band confirmed

I'm not familiar with the band's material. Is it a lot like Epica?
I think they are a step above Epica in almost every phase. AF's vocalists are better, and the songs are much more memorable ... in my opinion. Also, right now I would say that After Forever is top dog when it comes to female fronted bands in the prog/power genre.

To answer Ben's question about what makes this controversial ... I think there is a large segment of attendees that just aren't into this B&B type stuff. I personally like AF, but I know a lot of people who won't be thrilled with this announcement because they don't like that style. You can't please every single person .. impossible.

Britt

Not familiar with their music really but I was happy before and I still am. Looking forward to it.

This is Awesome, it seems like a lot of people on here wanted them. Count me in as one of the excited ones. I only have Invisible Circles now, but I'll for sure upgrade my collection before the show.

Good Choice, seems as though alot of ppl here guessed it right. This is going to be a great introduction to PP for me. Hurry up and get here October!

Not bad glenn. Why was this in any way Controversial?

Well, I'm personally surprised they're closing. They do have the material but it's rather hard to find their albums in the states (I'm not even sure if they've had a US label to release their albums until recently - last time I purchased their albums it was from a European site w/ some great deals). And, of course, there are a number of people who simply won't like a band because there's a woman fronting it (a position I've seen people bring up here several times recently). A good chance many of those people will complain that they got the slot over Primal Fear who they think are more deserving.

I'm revisiting Remagine right now ... It's real good. I think the problem I had with it when it came out was more to do with being burned out on the B&B stuff at that point in time.

Britt

I'm revisiting Remagine right now ... It's real good. I think the problem I had with it when it came out was more to do with being burned out on the B&B stuff at that point in time.

Britt

I'm listening to that album again now too. I don't know why I didn't really like it when it was released, but I didn't like Invisible Circles either, and it's now one of my fav albums ever (despite the effing annoying dialogues).

I'm listening to that album again now too. I don't know why I didn't really like it when it was released, but I didn't like Invisible Circles either, and it's now one of my fav albums ever (despite the effing annoying dialogues).
Those spoken word dialog parts were indeed hideous. The male actor should be taken out and beaten .. he's so bad. Those parts actually ruined the disc for some people, but I thought the disc was so good I cut them some slack and overlooked it.

I remember one thing I was miffed about when comparing Invisble Circles and Remagine ... a lot less Beast. I personally really enjoy the beast vocals in AF, and they were used less in Remagine.

Britt

This is really an AWESOME choice, and it didn't surprise me one bit. This is the one band that someone listed as a poll choice and they basically ran away with the pole. This is the best way to close out PPVIII, and PPVIII and the 2007 Showcase will go down in history as the best there was, the best there ever will be, in my humble opinion. My hat is off to you G-Man, you did it again.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

LOVE YA GLENN!!! I first saw it on Blabbermouth and I almost cried (with excitement of course). AMAZING. This is really a dream come true. I was very surprised though because they have not announced a NA label yet, so I figured they would not make any NA plans at this point!!

Now that makes 3 bands that I'm really dying to see at PP. Can't wait :headbang: :kickass::kickass: :headbang: :kickass: