Press Release

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 7, 2004

STRATOVARIUS TO HEADLINE PROGPOWER USA VI
ATLANTA – ProgPower USA has confirmed Stratovarius as one of the headliners of the festival’s sixth installment, to be held September 16 and 17 at Earthlink Live in Atlanta.

This performance will be the Finnish power metal band’s first ever in North America. It is also the first confirmed show since the reformation of the "classic" lineup including vocalist Timo Koltipelto.

"We feel that the time is now finally right, and that the legendary ProgPower is the perfect setting for us," said keyboardist Jens Johansson. "We are really excited about this chance to connect with our fans there."

Only a total of 10 bands will be invited to play the acclaimed festival. Other bands confirmed to date are Sweden’s dark symphonic metal band Therion, Denmark’s Manticora, and Norway’s Circus Maximus, whose debut is due this spring on Sensory Records. Manticora and Circus Maximus will be making their North American debuts while Therion used the festival as the cornerstone for their North American tour in the fall.

"We are looking forward to going to the USA for the first time in our 18-year-long music career," said Christofer Johnsson, guitarist for Therion. "We will play a ‘best of’ set that will cover most of our 12 studio albums and I hope we will satisfy both older and younger fans. We are bringing with us six singers, the same as we used for the previous touring on these new albums. We have heard a lot about ProgPower and we’ve had the question why we’re not playing there, as it would be perfect for our type of stuff - so we are particularly looking forward to playing there."

Additional bands will be announced weekly on the ProgPower USA website.

Tickets will go on sale April 2 at 10 a.m. EST via all Ticketmaster outlets. Only 900 tickets will be made available to the public. Advance Gold Badges are already sold out.

One of America’s most highly praised festivals, ProgPower USA has sold-out for three consecutive years over five months in advance. There is currently a three year wait on the Gold Badge waiting list. Last year ProgPower USA drew fans from 32 states and 12 counties including Japan and Australia.

ProgPower USA is sponsored by Pacific Drums, Sabien Cymbals, Shure Microphones, Planet Waves Gear, J.’Addario Strings, and Evans Drumheads.

On a seperate note, the audio section contains the world premiere of Circus Maximus's "Alive" mp3. Another mp3 clip can be found on the intromental website (link in band section). Stratovarius put together a cool medley specifically for the audio section as well.

Glenn H.

This is killer! Way to go Glenn. Listening to Circus Maximus now, they sound like a very good band. Awesome Singer!! Don't care for the band name, but can't always win! hehe.

longshot9 said:
This is killer! Way to go Glenn. Listening to Circus Maximus now, they sound like a very good band. Awesome Singer!! Don't care for the band name, but can't always win! hehe.

if you go to their website their is another song to d/l a sample of :hotjump:

This is un fucking real! It is over, heavy metal is here!

Glenn you are the fucking best! STRATOVARIUS - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This news is just so damn exciting. I cannot wait for ProgPower now. April 2 I will try my damnest to get a ticket. They are gonna sell out in the blink of an eye this year.

I have started to discover Manticora and I love 8 Deadly Sins. I am looking into Circus Maximus and Therion. Then theres one of my favorite bands in the fucking world STRATOVARIUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is good.