Press Release

DarkTide said:
IThe one band I am totally craving, but probably will not be there is Mercenary. Did you ever really warm up to 11 Dreams? Judging by the talk in this forum a lot of people are really hot to see them.

Why do you think that they will not be there?

We know that the slot 6 band is a returning act, and we know that Glen loves 11 Dreams. If we were taking bets on who the middle slot returning act will be, I would bet on them.

Robin

Actually, Glenn posted yesterday that he lost the returning band, in case you didn't know =)

He also said that this year maybe a non returning band year, unless he cant close the deal on who he wants for the main headliner... If that's the case, he may get a returning band to fill in the headliner slot...

Personally, I don't see Mercenary headlining ProgPower yet... I'm sure they will someday, but not quite yet...

But he said if he can't fill slot 1 then he would make slots 2 and 3 the headliners I thought? And I'm not sure that he meant that the #1 slot headliner is for now a returning band or new band. You could read it both ways, but I'm sure he's not going to shed light on the subject because that would give us less to obsess over and make it so we don't have to continually check this site at work instead of doing our jobs ;p

DementiaGuitar said:
Ahhh I was also wondering why Manticora is opening and not Circus, but that schedule balancing makes a lot of sense now that you mention it.

And while Eboles is on the topic of the Pre-Party, I've gotta ask (please excuse me everyone, I'm a ProgPower newbie here)... when and exactly what is the Pre-Party?

The Pre-party is done the night before the festival begins....in this case, Thursday the 15th....Its a pre-party where about three unkown bands play.... and also the chance to see some of the band members playing that weekend....a really sweet event.....it does cost extra though :headbang:

I see, thanks BDgolfer. I probably won't attend the Preparty, since I won't know my classes schedule until much later to see if it conflicts with classes. It would suck to just miss school within my first month of college.

ReaLM said:
Why do you think that they will not be there?

We know that the slot 6 band is a returning act, and we know that Glen loves 11 Dreams. If we were taking bets on who the middle slot returning act will be, I would bet on them.

Robin
I post on their message board , and it's just a hunch I get. They seem like a perfect fit, and people have really been warming up to their new material, but I just don't think there have had discussions this time around for doing Prog Power. Hopefully that may change yet, but as of about a week ago I was pretty sure they would not be playing this one.

General Zod said:
I like the way you think.:kickass:

I'm thinking Strat should be fun live. The problem I seem to have with them, is that their music doesn't hit me as powerfull. However, in a live setting, volume alone should take care of that. I also imagine that the energy in the building for Strat should be such that it makes for a fun show.

The band I'm kind of curious about is Therion. I'm curious to see how they do, what they do, live.

By the way, I've seriously got my fingers crossed for Pyramaze.

Zod

Dude their music doesnt hit you as powerful? Did you actually listen to Destiny the song? That is powerfull in itself.
I also suggest the following, Forever, Hunting High and Low, I Walk to my Own Song, Phoenix, Kiss of Judas, Will the Sun Rise, Eternity, Twilight Time, We Hold the Key, to name a few.

wayland smithers said:
Dude their music doesnt hit you as powerful? Did you actually listen to Destiny the song? That is powerfull in itself.
I also suggest the following, Forever, Hunting High and Low, I Walk to my Own Song, Phoenix, Kiss of Judas, Will the Sun Rise, Eternity, Twilight Time, We Hold the Key, to name a few.

You forgot Infinity!

I agree, I don't find Strato very powerful. I've never warmed up to their singer. He seems to be very mid range and unimaginative. But we all have our favorites. For me I like powerful vocals like Symphony X, Kamelot, Evergrey and I'm diggin' some killer DGM. Now there's a band I wouldn't mind seeing. I saw Balance of Power w/Lance King and they were excellent. Im sure Pyramaze would rock.

I saw Strato in Helsinki last May and was quite impressed with their live performance. They were tight and displayed a lot of energy even though they did a lot of old favorites they must have performed thousands of times. This was after all the troubles between them which I think says a lot for their professionalism. They also interacted great with the crowd (though I had no idea what they were saying.:)) Timo K. was captivating live and his vocal range was impressive. I think they'll blow away their loyal legions and win over some of the hold outs with their live performance.

And Timo Tolkki is an awesome guitarist! I'm sure he'll play "Stratofortress," or at least one of his shred guitar anthems.

AngraRULES said:
Actually, Glenn posted yesterday that he lost the returning band, in case you didn't know =)

He also said that this year maybe a non returning band year, unless he cant close the deal on who he wants for the main headliner... If that's the case, he may get a returning band to fill in the headliner slot...

Personally, I don't see Mercenary headlining ProgPower yet... I'm sure they will someday, but not quite yet...

if that were to happen Mercenary could easily fill a 3rd slot so glenn can maneuver others around... he's a master, let him work his magic and us all be amazed!!