Press Release

Harvester said:
Just to clarify, I do schedule slots not just in order of seniority, but to give the schedule balance in terms of prog vs power vs whatever. Manticora got the opening slot because I wanted to kick off the fest with a boot up everyone's ass. Prog bands always do good in the #2 slots (think Dreamscape, Threshold, etc). Both bands were made aware of my decision in advance.

Glenn H.

I agree. Manticora will kick everyone's ass as the opening act for the festival.
I am very impressed with the MP3 I just listened to from this new band Circus Maximus. Nice clean production with excellent vocal harmonies.
Label mates with Zero Hour huh? Interesting...
I guess they will have to play their entire debut CD to fill their time on stage.

Slot 2 is 45 mins. They have 10 tunes on the album (including bonus track) and the majority hit the 5-6 minute mark. However, the two best tunes are 10 mins long and 18 mins long. That's what I'm hoping for in Atlanta.

Glenn H.

damn, damn, damn, I really wish CM's cd was already out. I am usually the one that turns alot of people onto various music of all metal genres. It feels good to see that there are still many out there that I haven't checked out. CM and Manticora will be blasting from my cd player alot!:cool:

Yes. I'm definitely happy with this. Manticora I liked from hearing a few songs. I'm definitely really liking Circus Maximus. And I already know and love Stratovarius. I'm sure I'll like Therion, just haven't gotten much yet. I'll buy their double album. So I'll almost definitely go this year, for the first time.

And it's nice that I can get all the songs Circus Maximus can possibly play just from buying one album. ^_^

tattooedsean666 said:
damn, damn, damn, I really wish CM's cd was already out. I am usually the one that turns alot of people onto various music of all metal genres. It feels good to see that there are still many out there that I haven't checked out. CM and Manticora will be blasting from my cd player alot!:cool:

I am very much looking forward to the new CM cd too Sean

eboles said:
I agree. Manticora will kick everyone's ass as the opening act for the festival.
I am very impressed with the MP3 I just listened to from this new band Circus Maximus. Nice clean production with excellent vocal harmonies.
Label mates with Zero Hour huh? Interesting...
I guess they will have to play their entire debut CD to fill their time on stage.

They got the slot because they are good, and they are signed and will have a cd out by Progpower therefore not Pre Party material. I talked to Shane about having them last year, it would obviously be too expensive flying a band from Norway

raiderdeath1 said:
Glenn,
May I ask why you chose to announce the biggest news of the festival so early?

Harvester said:
Who said it was the biggest news? :Smug:

Glenn H.

Strato is not the biggest new?? ...Then? who could be the biggest new???? Accept? Rhapsody? :) :loco:

i heard that rhapsody only will have 3 shows this year, one in the Czech Republic, another one in Germany and other to confirm, will be PP VI? :hotjump:

Rhapsody could not be bigger than Strato, they open for strato. It is something old school, as glenn has had old school metal bands play, Rage, Savatage. I am possibly expecting Conception(I heard of a reunion in 2005), Accept.

Riceloft said:
or something involving Arjen Lucassen. Thats just a guess though.

Ahhh....don't spark my interest in that again!

...that would be like....impossible.....but would be so great if it happened.