Prog Power 2005 Picture thread

Well it's nice to have a camera that produces large files, but it can also be a PITA. I came home with close to 30GB of images (shot NEF+JPG). It's gonna take a while to go through them especially since I'm swamped at work this week and will be leaving on vacation this weekend (assuming hurricane Rita doesn't screw things up). I did have time to do a couple of quick B/W conversions though (color is going to be more work, the lighting wasn't very photogenic this year).

Edit: full gallery is now up.

jkohn's pics always rule. So does his camera, which alas was a tad out of my price range.

I'm getting pretty fed up with Picasa as a thumbnailer/gallery generator, so I'm on the prowl for something better. Or maybe I'll use a site like photobucket. I don't quite have 30 gigs of pics, but I have a lot more than last year.

Here are a couple of mine so far...
stride01.jpg

schwing01.jpg

Christina, despite the captions, those really don't look too much like you. :D :D

I'm posting mine slowly.... I'll add an index page shortly. Here are pics of Therion:

http://www.paulcashman.com/Therion/

That's the most I got for any single artist since I was in front of the barricade the whole time snapping away (usually we get kicked out after the first three songs :)). The originals are a lot bigger, but it's pointless to post 5 meg images on a website. I used a Kodak CX7530.

You can really tell when the fog machine was turned on and off, especially on stage-right. "Hey, where did those two singing 'mortician' guys go? Oh, they're obscured by that fog-bank." :erk:

More pics to come.

My very few pics of the pre-party and the festival (basically just Conception and DC stuff since I had wanting to see both for SO many years + I only had a crappy camera with me so didn't really feel like taking pics with it)

The pics

I just saw some of our pics. Some are very nice, some will take a bit of tweaking. I'll try to get something up this weekend, time permitting.

LOL Yeah. I saw quite a few of them.

After being there, I realized why women in the south think women from other places are so "big". It's because we wear the RIGHT SIZED CLOTHES. For christ sakes, I saw a girl who must have been a size two. She had squeezed into her kid sisters pants. Honey, buy just ONE size up, and you'll feel better.

-MEtal