Prog Power 2005 Picture thread

here I am with the bubble-wrapped metal goddess herself, just before Therion kicked my ASS...

ppusa038.jpg

JEERS to the red-eye reduction on my camera. :erk:

Great pics, Metalbaby! I'm gonna get mine developed tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some to share as well. Btw Hoyt - nice signature quote...wonder where you got that? (ya copycat ;))

pollution said:
My very few pics of the pre-party and the festival (basically just Conception and DC stuff since I had wanting to see both for SO many years + I only had a crappy camera with me so didn't really feel like taking pics with it)

The pics

Dude seriously, Excellent pictures...!!!!!!!!
You should post on www.rollthefire.com

urinalcakemix said:
Damn dude, that shoulder piece and that kid with the mindless self indulgence shirt, I almost bitched you guys out for insulting the festival for such attire!!!

Thats okay, you'll get your chance next year because I'll be wearing it again. :Spin:

The kids with the MSI and Slipknot shirts were way out of place and did, however, insult ProgPower.

By the way nice pics all around.

Aeturnia said:
Btw Hoyt - nice signature quote...wonder where you got that? (ya copycat ;))

ack!... sorry - I knew I got that from somewhere, but couldn't recall where. I've been using it on my gaming forums for a while and only recently here. I just thought it went well with my name 'pathfinderhoyt'. I'll change it right away.

Pellaz said:
Okay, here's a simple index page for my photos and vids: http://jet13.hasweb.com/~paulcas/ppusa6.html

I'm still working on some of the bands but I hope to have them all up tomorrow. I'll also probably re-do some of the pre-show and Therion pics (cropping, red-eye removal, etc.)

damn, I'm doin' some stevie wonder soul poses in some of those pics....must have been during the power ballad :headbang:

Wkdchylde said:
The movies are fun to watch. sometimes a bit dark though.

I was surprised the PP 6.1 movies came out at all, especially later when people were blocking the table lamp.

I used the same camera for those, too: Kodak CX7530, which is pretty darn capable for the price.

Muzt...buy....decent...film..camera.

They'll look at me oddly in the store. "You want to buy a...film..camera?"
"Yes."
"Not digital?"
"No."
"You mean the kind with rolls of stuff inside that holds the images? That has to be developed later?"
"Yep."
"Medic! We got a live one! We got a Luddite! Take him away for reprogramming!"

LMAO

Pellaz said:
Muzt...buy....decent...film..camera.

They'll look at me oddly in the store. "You want to buy a...film..camera?"
"Yes."
"Not digital?"
"No."
"You mean the kind with rolls of stuff inside that holds the images? That has to be developed later?"
"Yep."
"Medic! We got a live one! We got a Luddite! Take him away for reprogramming!"

yardleybates said:
DSCN1217.jpg

So how many times did Shaye and Urban get yelled at for sitting on the hand rails? LOL they were yelling on every single coaster we rode at someone.

Urban must wear those leather pants everywhere! I hope you guys didn't go on any water rides!!! :lol:

SavaRon said:
Urban must wear those leather pants everywhere! I hope you guys didn't go on any water rides!!! :lol:

After watching the pre-pre-party videos I commented that maybe Urban does the Einstein thing. He's got a closet full of black leather pants, black shirts, and black tank tops. Makes it easy to decide what to wear. :)

Here are my pre-party pictures. None of Outworld came out, very few of DC Cooper, but quite a few of Orphaned Land and Dreamscape.

Bryan316 said:
Esa... what kind of camera were you using? Those Therion pics of yours are tempting me so.... must.... buy.... more.... cameras....
Nikon D70, but I also post-process the pictures pretty obsessively.