ProgPower USA IX Roster Discussion

I thought this year's show was goddamn amazing, but next year looks to completely destroy it:

Elvenking
Iron Savior
Pathosray
Volbeat
Astral Doors
RIVERSIDE!!!!!
ANDROMEDA!!!!!
SERENITY!!!!!!! (Mary was screaming like an idiot when this one was annouced!)
SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!
JON OLIVA'S PAIN!!!!!!!!!

And this is without the two headliners. I predict a sellout in about three seconds. Glenn, you are a god.

dt

ELVENKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the powerfest guys were giving me shit for a year saying they wouldnt be a draw. they missed out on this one.

Holy shit what a lineup. So excited for Elvenking already! Iron Savior will surely kick some ass too. Same with Astral Doors, Andromeda, and Jon Oliva's Pain! Not very familiar withh Pathosray, Volbeat, nor Spheric Universe Experience. Riverside is a band I need to absorb more of. Their sound is definitely unlike anything at ProgPower the last 3 years. And I love what I've heard from Serenity, although I haven't heard much.

Very interesting lineup Glenn!

Glenn, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for bringing Elvenking to the lineup. I never, in the 6 years I've been listening to them, thought for a minute I'd get to see them in the USA. This is an absolutely unbelievable thrill for me, and I haven't been this excited about an announced band since Mercenary's second appearance. Actually, scratch that.. this news is bigger. Thank you thank you THANK YOU.

edit: Iron Savior is pretty high up there on the list of FUCKING INCREDIBLE.. but I just have a bit more history with the Elvenking boys. :)

if you look on the Powerfest board I picked Iron Savior, Elvenking, and Astral Doors to play this year. not too shabby on my picks. I really think that Elvenking are going to gain tons of new fans in this next year.

I really hope so. I'm looking forward to finally being able to hang out with them.

edit: listening to the Volbeat Samples... oooooh I like these guys...

edit2: is there any chance of getting the announcement video encoded and up on the website? that would be pretty rockin for those of us who couldn't make it.

I always wanted to hear Riverside and Andromeda live, I think this is my hook.

Looking forward to be here next year
Ace

Next year's roster is amazing. It'll sell out in like 5 minutes. Woohoo! And there's still two bands to be named!! (Kamelot anyone? lol) Any ideas about when PP will take place next year, back in September or October again?

ELVENKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was jumping around like a moron near the rail when them, Andromeda, and Riverside were announced. Words cannot describe my bliss at that moment.

Guys, I think JOP IS one of the Headliners! I cannot see them as a Number 5 unless the headliner is Dio.

Well, this line up doesn't do all that much for me really, but after having to miss this year...I'll beg, steal or borrow to make next year's show. I can not miss seeing my friends again.

I think this is the most dissappointed I have been in a line-up. Every year there had been at least 7 bands if not more I was interested in seeing, now there are only 2 here, riverside and andromeda, but I could probably go without seeing riverside. I'm actually more excited about the lamb of god and soilwork tour then progpower, somethings weird here, hehe.