ProgPower USA IX Roster Discussion

Nightwish, on the other hand, would be a better choice. CoB wouldn't make many people happy.

If I recall correctly, last year, didn't Glenn come out and admit that last year's ProgPower (PP 7) was originally going to be setup around Nightwish, but that ended up falling through? So maybe, just maybe.. (could that be one of the "returning bands"? Would be friggan sweet to see Nightwish at ProgPower (especially if they turn out to be good on the 15th when I seem them at Jaxx).

If I recall correctly, last year, didn't Glenn come out and admit that last year's ProgPower (PP 7) was originally going to be setup around Nightwish, but that ended up falling through? So maybe, just maybe.. (could that be one of the "returning bands"? Would be friggan sweet to see Nightwish at ProgPower (especially if they turn out to be good on the 15th when I seem them at Jaxx).

Please post a heads up on the Nightwish concert. I will see them in atlanta on Nov. 17th. it would be nice to have some inside info. many thanks.

I really hope Nightwish don't play. Not only am I underwhelmed with their newer material, but they are touring this winter *and* coming back in the spring already. Bringing them back for Progpower in the fall would make it their third run in the US in twelve months, which I can't imagine will draw too many people vs how much they're going to end up costing.

So - first off, as I have stated before - I will come down for whoever Glenn books. It's like going to see a show at Red Rocks - I don't care who is playing, I'd go, coz it is a great event.

That said - from what I have seen of the lineup so far - looks good to me, several bands I am very familiar with and want to see, several that I have seen mentioned on the forum for years, and know a little bit about - but not too much, and a couple that I will have to do some homework on. That is good, I don't want all bands that I already have the entire catalog of. Part of the whole PP experience for me is checking out the new bands - some I like, some I love, some I'm kind of "ehhh" about.

I'm more power than prog - but I'm not worried about the lineup - I trust Glenn (not to swing from his nuts here) to do what he has done every time I go to PP. That is provide a first class event, with cool bands, great times with good people (the rest of you guys). I dont see how that is going to change by adding one band or another unless Harv decides to make it a Goth/NuMetal Fest with Marilyn Manson or some Emo bands playing.

Glenn/Cindy/Shane & Crew do all the legwork and hard work, the bands provide the soundtrack and the attendees provide the atmosphere. It's like abstinence (something I know way too much about lately) - works every time it's tried. Why would that change from year to year? Yes, on certain years - some of the regulars cant attend due to whatever may be going on in their life - but as long as I keep recognizing people year after year - it's a fun time no matter who is playing :)

So -bring on whoever - I'm there:headbang:
Jeff

The force is strong with this one.

Well, I'm sure you can pull of a special one night Nightwish reunion with Tarja ;)
Considering all the people constantly requesting the Iced Earth headlining date with special guest Barlow, how long before these requests come in?

No offense man, but you don't seem to have much of an idea of headlining status. Falconer, Black Majesty and Galneryus are lucky if they get an opener or a 2nd slot mostly at ProgPower. Nightwish, on the other hand, would be a better choice. CoB wouldn't make many people happy.

Falconer has FIVE discs out. They could definitely be considered for a co-headliner spot at least. That's the same amount of stuff that After Forever and Sonata Arctica has. <-----Both headliners take note. Maybe Black Majesty is not ready to headline yet......but Falconer......:kickass:. I don't know when they will have another dic out, but I could see them being among the top of the lineup. Whether it's this year or not. So maybe that guy you tried throw a "no offense" at, really shouldn't be offended.

Falconer has FIVE discs out. They could definitely be considered for a co-headliner spot at least. That's the same amount of stuff that After Forever and Sonata Arctica has. <-----Both headliners take note. Maybe Black Majesty is not ready to headline yet......but Falconer......:kickass:. I don't know when they will have another dic out, but I could see them being among the top of the lineup. Whether it's this year or not. So maybe that guy you tried throw a "no offense" at, really shouldn't be offended.

I wasn't aware that Falconer had that many releases. As far as I knew, they only had two albums out, which I enjoy both. Can you please tell me which are the others so I can check them out? And if that's the case, I take back what I said. Maybe indeed they do deserve a higher slot. However, do they draw at all? Think about that too.

However, it's almost offensive to say that BlackMajesty and Galynerus are headlining caliber. LOL

Falconer isn't anywhere near big enough to headline this fest. The number of releases they have has no bearing on their status. Virgin Steele has 12 albums out and got a 2 slot. Running Wild has 13 albums and 4 Videos, but Glenn has repeatedly said they are not headliner status.

What matters is their drawing power, and Falconer doesn't have enough to headline. It would be great to have them at the fest, but it won't be at IX.

I wasn't aware that Falconer had that many releases. As far as I knew, they only had two albums out, which I enjoy both. Can you please tell me which are the others so I can check them out? And if that's the case, I take back what I said. Maybe indeed they do deserve a higher slot.

However, it's almost offensive to say that BlackMajesty and Galynerus are headlining caliber. LOL

3 are good, 2 suck.

get, S/T, Chapters from a Vale Forlorn and Northwind

Falconer isn't anywhere near big enough to headline this fest. The number of releases they have has no bearing on their status. Virgin Steele has 12 albums out and got a 2 slot. Running Wild has 13 albums and 4 Videos, but Glenn has repeatedly said they are not headliner status.

What matters is their drawing power, and Falconer doesn't have enough to headline. It would be great to have them at the fest, but it won't be at IX.

Thank you. That's kinda where I was trying to go with it.

I can not wait for next year already. I also can not wait for the headliner announcements already. >:O

I wasn't aware that Falconer had that many releases. As far as I knew, they only had two albums out, which I enjoy both. Can you please tell me which are the others so I can check them out? And if that's the case, I take back what I said. Maybe indeed they do deserve a higher slot. However, do they draw at all? Think about that too.

Assuming you have the first 2 then get the latest "Northwind," which features the return of vocalist Mattias Blad. The 3rd and 4th featured Kristoffer Göbel. On "The Sceptre of Deception" Kristoffer tried for a simular style to Mattias, and it didn't work very well. Glenn actually rejected them for the fest based on that album.
"Grime vs. Grandure" is an excellent album, but it's not the same as the others. It's much more straight forward Power Metal and lack much of Falconers usual folk style. I happen to love the album, and Kristoffer does a great job on it, but it's not what most Falconer fans expect or want from them.

Honestly??? OK, maybe they will not headline this year, after seeing the comments of Glenn's about the headliners this year. But, as i stated in my first post, they would be a created headliner maybe co-headliner, that would blow the place away. Maybe it was the comment of "they are a opener to second slot at best at PP" that threw me a bit. And you can't compare them to VS. You saw what happened. Obviously Glenn (or a close friend) had seen them before, thus being the reason they were booked so low. I was looking forward to them a ton too......but man, they were dissapointing (imo).

In other news......Glenn pretty much stated that Rhapsody would be headlining IX here, "Power metal- Will cement the progpower name." This is what this says to me anyways, and i hope i am right. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Rock On! :headbang: This post clears up everything for me. Now we're on the same page. As for the drawing power....??? And as for those other bands being offensive mentioned as headliners at PP USA.....AGREED.

Heh he didn't confirm jack. Just as easily could be Helloween, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Dio(!!), Scorpions, Cirith Ungol (okay not just as easily ;p), or a few other bands...