ProgPower USA VIII Date

Yay! Hotel room is booked for the Granada! :headbang: :kickass: :Smokin:

I can't believe there were only single King bed suites by the time I booked yesterday afternoon. But now I'm seeing some people say that they were only at 60% capacity? I don't understand it (or the various prices I've seen folks post for the exact same types of rooms), but I'm glad I got our room booked early. Can't wait to see everyone on the porch again this year. I hope it will still be warm enough to party there in October.

I just called them a 8pm and they say they sold out. I'm bummed.:erk:
after stayin' there the last two years, and hangin' on the porch. But, alas... I have a suite at the Residence Inn. $189 with a kitchen, I'll take that.:headbang:

I just called them a 8pm and they say they sold out. I'm bummed.:erk:
after stayin' there the last two years, and hangin' on the porch. But, alas... I have a suite at the Residence Inn. $189 with a kitchen, I'll take that.:headbang:

No need to be bummed... I've been going to ProgPower since 2001, and I've never stayed at the Granada... but have hung out on the porch many times! :)

I gotta say, my boss cheered when I told her the date. I'd wrested from her the concession that I attend ProgPower regardless of when it is and she wasn't happy but she agreed to it. I work in academia as staff and this year's (2006) ProgPower date fell during the first two weeks of classes. This is a traditionally busy time.

I said "Guess what! My concert has a different date!" "end of September?!" she asked, excitedly. "Better! Beginning of October" and she pretty much did a happy dance. I'm considering asking for the whole week off this coming year, but she doesn't want my time off request until July 2007. *shrug*

Anyway. Yay.

Now, to plan our May trip to DC!

-Sarah

Reactions: Coldfire Mouse
No need to be bummed... I've been going to ProgPower since 2001, and I've never stayed at the Granada... but have hung out on the porch many times! :)
That's it! We've got to start checking I.D. ! :heh: JK, all are welcome on the porch :kickass: Just make sure you have a stagger buddy or can find a spot of carpet somewhere as these little gatherings tend to run late. :zombie:

Anyone know if the Hampton down near 14th street is gone and/or changed to something else? Just called the old number I had for em and it was disconnected.

Anyway - Ill be at the Residence Inn this year - be nice to be just a hop away from the venue =)

:headbang:

Now...is there any way we can speed up time?

They were closed due to road construction or something last year and according their website, they still are. Don't know when they are rescheduled to open. I'd call the Hamption Inn and Suites national phone reservation line and see if they know. 800-560-7809
Posted this on an earlier page. Is it tacky to quote yourself? :loco:

Can't wait to see everyone on the porch again this year. I hope it will still be warm enough to party there in October.

I think it'll be fine for us Canadians going down...right now we have snow on the ground, and it's still warm enough for me to go around in a t-shirt comfortably. What's considered cold down there is probably uncomfortably hot for me. :loco:

They were closed due to road construction or something last year and according their website, they still are. Don't know when they are rescheduled to open. I'd call the Hamption Inn and Suites national phone reservation line and see if they know. 800-560-7809

I called and was told that the location would not be re-openning as a Hampton Inn. The hotel has "left the brand". The guy I talked to didn't know much else. Interesting. I wonder what it'll open as... and I wonder if it'll open in time for PPVIII