ProgPower USA VIII Date

I like the new dates.....more of a chance to recover after Dragon*Con. :)

EXPENSIVE! I guess that means Justin (mosquito), Dave (trentdk), and I will be sleeping in Dave's SUV this year. We're all cheap bastards.

Joking.....maybe.

We're covered. 2-BR suite at the RI. :headbang: And if they lose the room and have us take two king suites this year, that'll work out just as well.

I like the new dates.....more of a chance to recover after Dragon*Con. :)

EXPENSIVE! I guess that means Justin (mosquito), Dave (trentdk), and I will be sleeping in Dave's SUV this year. We're all cheap bastards.

Joking.....maybe.

We're covered. 2-BR suite at the RI. :headbang: And if they lose the 2-BR and have us take two king suites again this year, that'll work out just as well.

:cry: *Sniff Sniff* My birthday is on September 11 and ProgPower (for the past three years that I've attended) has always fallen on the weekend following my birthday. The festival has been like my own little (erm... and by "little" I mean totally awesome) birthday gift to myself for the past three years. Although I will most certainly still be attending ProgPower VIII, I guess I'll have to find a new way to celebrate my birthday come next September. Ce La Vi. Not a big deal.

It was my birthday gift to myself as well as my birthday is September 19. I will always remember our most wonderful bartender being the first to wish me a happy birthday at the stroke of midnight one year!

It is only sad that it is the same weekend as Progpower Europe. I like to contemplate attending both fests.

Has anyone tried Hampton Inn - the one near the Courtyard? I don't know if they don't go that far out date wise, but the website is telling me there aren't any rooms available for the fest days.

Has anyone tried Hampton Inn - the one near the Courtyard? I don't know if they don't go that far out date wise, but the website is telling me there aren't any rooms available for the fest days.
They were closed due to road construction or something last year and according the the site, they still are. Don't know when they are rescheduled to open. I'd call the Hamption Inn and Suites national phone reservation line and see if they know. 800-560-7809

Does everybody book their hotel rooms in walking distance? Just curious if its the availability of that area. I guess I have gotten spoiled of living 30 minutes from the venue. Maybe it would be cheaper to stay further away like the next county over and take a cab each night. Just a suggestion I guess.

I don;t! I prefer to stay in a much nicer hotel for a lesser price.

I for one am sick of the price gouging,complete lack of respect with room reservations(bumped 3 yrs in a row from Residence Inn),overall bullshit of midtown.
I will book my room next July...near the airport...at a nice hotel with 30 restaurants nearby...for about $100 less a night than we are paying in Midtown.
I love ProgPower and everything about Glenns fantasy metal weekend,but I am so tired of the fear and bullshit that goes down every September in regards to rooms,eats,etc...
Gonna miss hanging in M-Town with ya'll,but my vacation is about relaxation,not stress,so to the airport I go

Deron, I'd def be in for a range of $129-139 / nt. Like Britt, I thought the Grenada was a dump, but unlike Britt, I'm not willing to spend that much more for RI. Do what you can with a group rate, and thanks for the attempt.

Agreed. I'd rather pay $140 for the nicer RI than the approx. $130 I'm paying at the Granada (not a "dump" IMO but not that nice either), but as it stands now, I'm just not paying an extra $150 - $200 over 3-4 nights (esp. for a reservation that might not even be honored). Then again, I may stay at home next year and just have my designated driver ferry me back and forth. :p

Shaye

Although I'm going to have to attend the wedding. BOOOOO!

LOL, I can relate metal sister! Now I'll have to be included in all the damn rehearsal dinner stuff, etc. No getting out of it (lol).

Anyways, October 5 & 6th work for me (danke Glenn) and I'll be there. And I might be bringing my daughter to the fest this year!

Woot! Already scheduled my leave for the week. Now I just have to convince the military powers that be to not send me away the week before the fest (like they had for PP4,5 and 6). Thanks for giving me something to look forward to!

Yay! Hotel room is booked for the Granada! :headbang: :kickass: :Smokin:

I can't believe there were only single King bed suites by the time I booked yesterday afternoon. But now I'm seeing some people say that they were only at 60% capacity? I don't understand it (or the various prices I've seen folks post for the exact same types of rooms), but I'm glad I got our room booked early. Can't wait to see everyone on the porch again this year. I hope it will still be warm enough to party there in October.

Does everybody book their hotel rooms in walking distance? Just curious if its the availability of that area. I guess I have gotten spoiled of living 30 minutes from the venue. Maybe it would be cheaper to stay further away like the next county over and take a cab each night. Just a suggestion I guess.

I always get a room within walking distance for a number of reasons:
1. Convenience of not having to get/pay for a cab
2. Freedom to make as many trips back to my room during the day (drop off merch, pick up more money, change shoes, brush my teeth after a yucky imported beer, etc...)
3. Proximity to the afterparties \m/
4. No worries about parking.
5. Having an easy opportunity to eat breakfast or walk to the venue with other attendees, without a month of planning.
6. I can leave the afterparties when I want to, not when MARTA stops running.

For my first two ProgPowers, I stayed 30 minutes away. It definately took away from my full potential to enjoy everything that comes with the event! For the third year, I finally stayed in town and realized just how much I had missed out on. Of course that also had a lot to do with the company I had kept previously. lol!

I always get a room within walking distance for a number of reasons:
1. Convenience of not having to get/pay for a cab
2. Freedom to make as many trips back to my room during the day (drop off merch, pick up more money, change shoes, brush my teeth after a yucky imported beer, etc...)
3. Proximity to the afterparties \m/
4. No worries about parking.
5. Having an easy opportunity to eat breakfast or walk to the venue with other attendees, without a month of planning.
6. I can leave the afterparties when I want to, not when MARTA stops running.

For my first two ProgPowers, I stayed 30 minutes away. It definately took away from my full potential to enjoy everything that comes with the event! For the third year, I finally stayed in town and realized just how much I had missed out on. Of course that also had a lot to do with the company I had kept previously. lol!

You forgot #7. Having J-Man nearby to look after you and the other family members:Smokin:

Yay! Hotel room is booked for the Can't wait to see everyone on the porch again this year. I hope it will still be warm enough to party there in October.
Somehow I don't think any of the porch crew will be affected by a chill. :kickass: Add my vote to bringing back our stalwart Commander Tore!