Prospekt - UK Progressive Metal

Prospektoxford

New Metal Member
Mar 8, 2011
prospekt.bandcamp.com
Hey Guys,

First post here, so I'd thought I'd share a link to my bands music...It's very much inspired by bands like Symphony X, Dream Theater and Pain of Salvation, so hopefully you guys will dig it!

http://prospekt.bandcamp.com/

and a guitar solo video! :)

It would be really cool to get your thoughts on the music! Look forward to hanging out on the forum...

Cheers
Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to comment on your music! First, DUDE how old are you? In the video you look like a teenager! Sick chops for such a young guy! I thought each song was quite strong. I like songs that you can tell took some time to put together, not just a bunch of crap! Each song held my attention to the very end with me then saying, "Is it over already?" The absolute ONLY criticism I have is that I'd like to hear a little fatter snare sound and more low vocals as a break from all the high stuff. Great job! Can't wait to hear more!

Excellent stuff Lee! Killer chops you've got there too! Nice choice with the Engl BTW :D

The production actually sounds really good, but I haven't listened to it on anything other than my crappy laptop speakers. I'll relisten on my studio monitors for a better experience.

Good call on the Nevermore / Michael Eriksen Milton! I also hear some "djent"ige in there as well.

Killer tunes! Could almost do with some more harsh vox. Your singer looked a little bored in your live video from youtube ;)

Definitely can't wait for your full release.

These guys have made it to album time. Should be lapped up by the progsters. The vocals are a little odd sounding next to the music but you'll get used to it by the middle of the song. Musically they kick butt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best album of 2013 for me. It combines the riffage of SymX's Odyssey and V with a higher- pitched singer, more of a DeYoung range. Fans of Vox Tempus, new Tesseract and The Quest will have a vocal range point of reference.

I honestly would like to hear this guy in a lower octave at times, but overall this is awesome stuff. Go to their bandcamp and sample eberything.

I remember seeing an ad in the ProgPower program book for these guys. The free EP on their bandcamp site is still available. I just went and downloaded it and checking it out now. This is pretty sweet. I'll have to go grab the full album.

bump...

EXCLUSIVE: PROSPEKT PREMIER “ALIEN MAKERS OF DISCORD” FEATURING GUITARIST GREG HOWE

"...Laser’s Edge division Sensory Records recently announced the re-emergence of UK-based Prospekt, as the band completes their textured second album, The Illuminated Sky. Closing a four-year void since the release of their lauded The Colourless Sunrise debut, the follow-up will see release this July..."

ProspektTheIlluminatedSky.jpg