Roll Call - Whom here is from IL ?

Some would say that my "Cheese to Sauce Ratio" is a bit out of whack, as well.

I'm going to try and check out all the bands listed in this thread tonight. I am sure I wont get all the way through the list, but Im gonna try. Thank you for participating. You guys were really great !

OH !... Before I forget... What good metal venues are there ? I am finding that venues friendly to original metal are kind of sparse in these parts.

As MetalSpice mentioned, Here in Peoria, we have " The Brass Rail " It's a FULL on Metal Bar, kind of a small place, but It's Peoria's home for metal, so I dig it.

Their address is :

THE BRASS RAIL
3904 W Farmington Rd.
Peoria, IL 61615 ( I think )

The next is :

Crazy Charley's
920 N 2nd St
Chillicothe, IL 61523-1824

Both on FaceBook

WUT. Metal bands never come to Springfield! Well...when Ville's Planet was still open they got a lot of death metal acts (mostly local) but I've never heard of any venue in Springfield ever booking any band even remotely like Metal Church. Fuck, I'd have gone on principle if that had happened!

OH !... Before I forget... What good metal venues are there ? I am finding that venues friendly to original metal are kind of sparse in these parts.

Lately, a lot of the good ones have shut down. RIP Pearl Room!

As of late, all of the "big name" bands are booked at Reggies, Bottom Lounge and the House of Blues....maybe even The Metro.

For the locals:
NiteCap in Chicago has a lot of original Metal. But I hate this place because of the tiny stage and about three feet of space in front of it.

Chicago City Limits in Schaumburg. It's an okay place, but mainly a sports bar...wouldn't consider it a "Metal venue".

I recently was at Bobby McGees in Chicago Ridge, which would have been okay, had there not been a Jersey Shore gathering in the main room. For first timers, you have to play in a small, closed off room with no stage and no monitor or even a sound guy. But the main room had a huge stage and lots of room...looked nice. I'd be curious to see what the sound is like on the main stage. Perhaps someone can add some insight.

JJ Kelly's in Lansing hosts Midwest Metal Anthem every August, which is cool. Not the greatest venue and a little far out but it's always fun nonetheless.

Penny Road Pub in Barrington is an okay venue that sometimes has original Metal. The sounds is usually piss poor though...at least for the upstairs stage. The downstairs stage sometimes hosts more "underground" Metal bands and the sound is usually better.

I personally love Durty Nellies in Palatine, but they mostly book cover bands....same thing with Austin's in Libertyville. I know there are a lot of smaller clubs in the city that host Metal bands, but I couldn't tell you how they are....maybe Bob and Jason can help you out. I avoid the city as much as possible. ;)

Bob goes to a lot more shows than I do these days.

As far as the city, you have recurring metal shows for touring bands at House of Blues, Reggies Rock Club, and Bottom Lounge.

Every now and then, you will get a metal show at Red Line Tap (last Sat of every month they host METAL UP YOUR TAP), Subterranean, Cafe Lura, Cobra Lounge, Memories, Quenchers (very rarely), Abbey Pub, etc, etc, etc....

Online, check out the CHICAGO METAL FACTORY for a list of most shows.

www.thecmf.com

@ Pate - Thanks ! I'll Research It. Ive got a friend whos a frikken metal historian. He'll know if anyone.

@ OrbWeaver - I want to say I have heard of bands playing the Fair Grounds, but I can not remember. I went to a show at the Kinght's water park once, but never heard of another metal show there again. It was a LOOONG time ago.

@ MetalSpice - GREAT Post ! Thank you !

@ Jasonic - Right on ! Your link is very valuable ! Thanks !

Knight's Action Park had a metal show once? LOL when on earth was that??? The IL State Fair sometimes gets classic rock acts.

I've got another restaurant to add to the places people should eat while in Chi-Town:
Harmony Grill.
Best. Mac 'n cheese. EVAR.

Duchess - if Al and I make it to the show, we'll drag you somewhere or other for some good food. :)

I shall be dragged willingly!

As for Portillos, maybe I'll get the guys to go there on Friday before the show! I do love me some hot dogs! :D

I like Portillos. Met-Al thinks it's nothing special. I'm starting to think he doesn't like anything, but then I remember, he's the reason I know Harmony Grill is fscking awesome. So he does like some things. :lol:

This is true. I remind him of that fairly often, too. XD

For the record, Dokken has a couple of great songs, but overall, i was never a big fan. I just know he is a relatively big Dokken fan. Not too many of those out there..... Hell, I don't think even George Lynch or Don Dokken are fans of Dokken!

For the record, Dokken has a couple of great songs, but overall, i was never a big fan. I just know he is a relatively big Dokken fan. Not too many of those out there..... Hell, I don't think even George Lynch or Don Dokken are fans of Dokken!

I love Dokken! We are working on doing a cover of Dream Warriors at the next Divinity Compromised show if anyone is interested :loco:

Hi, Jeremy!

I'm glad to see that you're now posting here! I loved seeing Inner Siege when I came down to sing with Born Of Silence in March. I can't wait to hear the album when it's done. Feel free to send me a private message anytime.

As for you, Vito, there's no way you're doing Dream Warriors without me present! I want dibs on a guest spot!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

@ Met-Al - You got it dude ! I am happy to be here and I'm also thrilled you're in our local "family" of bands ! We have all been friends forever. I am glad you're around ! I'll message ya lata on !

Quickly read as: I shall be shagged willingly

Reaction: :eek:

Reread: I shall be dragged willingly

Reaction: ohhh

Hahaha! Sorry, the only eating I'm interested in is the eating of delicious Chicago food! :saint:

EDIT: And to anyone interested in this year's Dame-Nation (July 30th, Reggies), they just released the final line-up:

Performers:
Avariel (Boston, MA)
Deadmanswake (Downers Grove, IL)
The Unvoiced (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
Losing Scarlet (Chicago, IL)
Angelical Tears (Oklahoma City, OK)
Shield of Wings (Chicago, IL)
A Sound of Thunder (Washington DC)
Solarsphere (Chicago, IL)
Lindz Riot of Mary and the Black Lamb (Oshawa, Ontario, Canada)

Chicago Women of Metal will then DJ metal tunes until 3AM. This is gonna be a big party!