Roll Call - Whom here is from IL ?

I live in Niles which is a North West burb of Chicago. I work up in Northbrook near Jasonic. Sometimes you can catch us grabbing some greasy ass chicken at Brown's Chicken.

It's been too long man!!!! Let me know if you are free this week.

Niles - The City You can Count on!!!
(I got my first Rickenbacker at Minstrel Music bitches!!)

I'm about 45 minutes NW of Chicago and I'll throw my band Vision into that mix... we are a couple months away from releasing our 2nd full length CD...

Jasonic,
I am a huge Savatage fan so I would love to check out your band when you guys start playing out!

I'm about 45 minutes NW of Chicago and I'll throw my band Vision into that mix... we are a couple months away from releasing our 2nd full length CD...

Jasonic,
I am a huge Savatage fan so I would love to check out your band when you guys start playing out!

Sounds good man, thanks! We are getting closer now that we finally have a second guitarist. Just need some keys. Who knows? Maybe we can line up a show or two together in the future.

I am originally from Chicago (Born @ Grant Hospital, some time before there was electricity) live just over the border in WI (read:trapped) Most of the shows I go to are in Chi-town

From Skokie?????????
That town has never been the same since BARNUM and BAGEL closed...

RIP!

That place was AWESOME! :headbang:

(I got my first Rickenbacker at Minstrel Music bitches!!)

I had an old Rockinger trem pulled out of an old Kramer guitar, replaced with a Kahler trem, bought the trem, and had the work done there. Is that place still around??? Used to be on Milwaukee Ave, IIRC, on the way to the old Guitar Center.....

Nice ! BU is well represented here. I never expected that. Small World!

One word - AVANTI's - Discuss - GO !

Gondola....
*drool*

Hey, since you're from Peoria, you should come out to The Brass Rail on Friday May 6th.
SACRED DAWN will be playing with Traverser. Should be a good show.

THE BRASS RAIL
3904 W Farmington Rd.
Peoria, IL

Edit: Okay, I just jumped on the thread you started about Inner Siege and saw you are actually playing that same show. D'oh!
So anyway, see you there! Will be nice meeting you!

I'm in Northwest Indiana, about 1 hour from downtown Chicago.

My favorite active bands based in Chicago are Novembers Doom and Mindwarp Chamber with honorable mention going to Lydian Sea and Sacred Dawn. I haven't heard some of the others mentioned earlier in the thread. If Ion Vein ever puts out a new CD, they might creep back into this list too!

Ken

Nice ! BU is well represented here. I never expected that. Small World!

One word - AVANTI's - Discuss - GO !

By the time I left Bradley, I was pretty sick of Avanti's (the meal plan expanded to include off-campus options while I was there, and as a result we all ate more Avanti's and Papa goddamn John's than any human probably should), but damned if I don't still don't get a craving for it every now and then. In fact, when I was in Peoria in February, I stopped there for lunch. Hasn't changed at all.

Bradley Alum as well. Class of '04.

Interesting. Quick question: Did you (or anyone else here) listen to the "Edge of Forever" prog/power-metal show on WRBU?

By the time I left Bradley, I was pretty sick of Avanti's (the meal plan expanded to include off-campus options while I was there, and as a result we all ate more Avanti's and Papa goddamn John's than any human probably should), but damned if I don't still don't get a craving for it every now and then. In fact, when I was in Peoria in February, I stopped there for lunch. Hasn't changed at all.

Interesting. Quick question: Did you (or anyone else here) listen to the "Edge of Forever" prog/power-metal show on WRBU?

Hahaha! Yeah, I loved the meal plan extention. Papa John's, Avanti's and that Mexican place with "burritos as big as your head" and One World Cafe. It's amazing I didn't weigh 5000 pounds.

I listened to WRBU sometimes in the Computer lab, but I honestly don't remember the name of the show.

Oh, and if anyone has/had Dr. David McMullen as a professor at Bradley, he is my uncle.

@ MetalSpice - AGREED ! Gondola ! Major Drool ! :) It'll be good to meet you at the show for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing Sacred Dawn again as well ! Maybe we should get the PP4um folks together for a photo. I'm down with that !

@ MetalProf - Good to hear from you ! Thanks for joining in ! I will most certainly check out the bands you mentioned, especially Novembers Doom and Mindwarp Chamber. The names alone are bad to the bone.

@ 1000 Faces - LOL ! Oh man, "Papa goddamn John's " I about pooped myself ! That was funny. I think there's a Jimmy John's down in CampusTown now so there's even more "John's" to eat from. I remember hearing about the metal show, but I never got to listen in. Thanks for the laugh !

@ MetalSpice - LA BAMBA ! Burritos As Big As Your Head ! - There was one at EIU, near where I lived before I moved to Peoria. I've eaten there quite a bit, back in the day. I don't think I could stomach another one now. LOL.

You guys are great ! Good times !