Seating at the show

guardian26

Mike the Cop
Aug 4, 2002
MASSACHUSETTS
Hey, Glenn or anyone..
Seating at the show. I know its general admission, and that the GB holders get in first, but how are you going to keep everyone from mobbing the floor. I mean, we've all been to shows where people are getting crushed, and hey, thats fun to a point, but the floor doesnt look too big at Earthlink....so whats the deal?

The floor holds 300. That is almost 1/4 of the crowd. I honestly do not anticipate a mob rush on the floor based on previous experience. Plus, this show is 10 hrs long each day. The seats become a very valuable commodity as well.

Plus, I do have security to throw people out and revoke tickets if necessary including a police officer on duty. Thus, I can indeed have people thrown in jail at my request. Most people do not want to risk that considering all of the money they have spent on the trip. It's not like this is a night out at your local club where you don't give a shit what happens.

Glenn H.

Glenn

Originally posted by guardian26
Hey, Glenn or anyone..
Seating at the show. I know its general admission, and that the GB holders get in first, but how are you going to keep everyone from mobbing the floor. I mean, we've all been to shows where people are getting crushed, and hey, thats fun to a point, but the floor doesnt look too big at Earthlink....so whats the deal?

The crowds have been pretty peaceful at the last 2 fests.
This is yet another reason I like these events. Somehow I think that over agressive crushing/moshing (ie. ONE person getting hurt) might get taken care of by the people in the crowd, if not Glenn's security people themselves. Nobody says you can't have fun, but when people get hurt, it not only wrecks it for the rest of the people who are there to SEE the show, but gives a black eye to the event itself. Think about the others around you, nobody "owns" the mainfloor, except for the promoter.

JW

One of the things that stuck out in my mind last year was how polite and peaceful everyone was in the crowd. Me, being a girl, I get pushed around at shows a lot, especially if I'm not with a male and last year I didn't have that problem AT ALL. I think at one point I accidentally elbowed someone and THEY turned around to apologize!! Of course, not EVERYONE is going to be that nice and of course there will those who drink too much, but I have NO worries about being pushed, shoved, or whatever else would be expected at a typical "metal" concert :) Of course.. this is in NO WAY A TYPICAL "METAL" CONCERT IS IT??
HAVE FUN!!! I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!
~T~

I also agree, last year I was able to go down to the floor and enjoy Kamelot's set with NO problems. No moshing, just headbanging and air guitar/drum playing Metalheads really getting into the show. I can't wait for this year!!!

I chatted with the security guys at the venue last year, and they told me that ProgPower was one of the easiest shows they've ever had to work, especially being a metal festival. They couldn't believe how considerate everyone was, even though many were drunk, or on their way to being drunk. I expect this year to be the same. Our kind of metal doesn't attrack the rowdy, drunk kids you see at many metal shows these days.

--Mike