Hopefully a new seating arrangement this year? (all seating threads merged..ENOUGH...

BABS said:
Hey man, you should try being my height, I'm always under someone's armpit.

An actual occurrence at PPII:

"Jaime!"

*looks left*

"Jaime!"

*looks right*

"JAIME!"

*looks down* "Hi Babs!"

Stingray11214 said:
Peeps;

This may have nothing to do with the seating at ProgPower, but this is what I do when I go to BB Kings. What I usually do is I buy a VIP ticket, and then grab a table. I am willing to drop that kind of money to a)Enjoy myself, and b)Watch a show without any stress. My advice is do you REALLY have to get close to the stage? From what I understand is that the sightlines are pretty good at Earthlink. So, my advice is go towards the back. Most paople, for some ungodly reason, want to risk getting crushed in the loony bin in the front. I am there for the experience of the whole show. I find that you cannot appreciate the music when you are on top of the stage. So, if it is seating that you want, go to the back. Let the crazies run the front. You will enjoy the show more.

Peace,
Ray C.

I pay good money to be crushed in the loony bin in the front TYVM.

Have you seen the women on the front rail?!!!?!?!

Hello!!!!!!!!

I have only seen two bands from the seats since I started going to this show, and think the energy on the floor is fantastic. I totally understand the seat issues but they are easily resolved by just not sitting down...

I can rest my legs when I sleep.

I think the only time there were plenty of seats to choose from was a few years back when Rage hit the stage to a third of the house, and I don't know anyone who isn't kicking themselves in the ass for missing that one. So I can definately see why everyone needs to do some serious planning on the seating 'issue'.

Since most of my time is spent at my vendors area, when I steal a few moments to see a couple songs from a band I can't live without, I just go to the floor and stand. It would take too much time that I can't spare to try negotiating a seat anyway. I just hope I can stand somewhere decent that's all.

The 'seating issue' is just something that will always be a situation for everyone to have to deal with the best they can. The venue is intimate, and if Glenn moved the show to a bigger one, the intimacy would be lost to some degree. Sure it would be great to be part of 3000 seeing our latest fave band, but the big picture would go out of focus at least somewhat.

That being said, I do think it is unfair for groups to take over an entire seating area of the hallway or vendors area for hours on end. I think those areas should be used for maybe an hour tops, since many of us do need a break to get off our feet for a bit. Especially the lovely ladies in their high heels. :Spin:

Just my opinion that's all.

lady_space said:
Now you're getting it!

Oh, wait... maybe you're not.

Saving A seat for a LITTLE while, like while someone goes to the bar or bathroom... fine. Otherwise, you snooze, you lose. If you don't want to lose your seat, hire a lackey and bring him to PP. :p

People saving entire rows of seats for an entire set is asinine. I can't believe people let them get away with it.

Sorry, but too bad. Those seats would be saved, period.

edit: And now I find your singling ME out as rather fucking funny, since my "group" would consist of JayKeeley, Dark One, Zod, etc. I think you might know them. :rolleyes:

MadeInNewJersey said:
Sorry, but too bad. Those seats would be saved, period.

Clearly, I disagree. I consider it discourteous and rude, to say the least, and I'm not the only one.

MadeInNewJersey said:
edit: And now I find your singling ME out as rather fucking funny, since my "group" would consist of JayKeeley, Dark One, Zod, etc. I think you might know them. :rolleyes:

Singling you out? Funny? Dude, I have no idea who you are, or who you're saving those seats for, and I don't care. I disagreed with your POV, period. If anyone I knew, including Greg or who the fuck ever, said the same thing, I would take issue with it just the same. Get over yourself and quit taking shit personally.

Shaye

lady_space said:
Clearly, I disagree. I consider it discourteous and rude, to say the least, and I'm not the only one.

Singling you out? Funny? Dude, I have no idea who you are, or who you're saving those seats for, and I don't care. I disagreed with your POV, period. If anyone I knew, including Greg or who the fuck ever, said the same thing, I would take issue with it just the same. Get over yourself and quit taking shit personally.

Shaye
Get over myself? LOL, sure thing.

It's a moot point really; I won't BE at PP6, I was just giving my OPINION on the matter.

Here's some help, so you can understand:

o·pin·ion ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (
schwa.gif
-p
ibreve.gif
n
prime.gif
y
schwa.gif
n)
n.
  1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
  2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
  3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
  4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
  5. Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Get over myself? LOL, sure thing.

It's a moot point really; I won't BE at PP6, I was just giving my OPINION on the matter.

Here's some help, so you can understand:

So I must be stupid because my OPINION is different than yours? Okay, got it.

And every time I respond to someone's post, I'm singling them out... okay, got that, too.

Thanks for clearing all that up for me! I really can't help being so ignorant, you know. :loco:

Shaye

lady_space said:
So I must be stupid because my OPINION is different than yours? Okay, got it.

And every time I respond to someone's post, I'm singling them out... okay, got that, too.

Thanks for clearing all that up for me! I really can't help being so ignorant, you know. :loco:

Shaye

I don't know where I called you stupid Shaye. All I pointed out was that MY OPINION was not the first of its kind, yet you chose to respond to only mine. Maybe I should post the definition of "singling out" as well. :tickled:

Like I said, no worries. I'm not the one who's seemingly all worked up over this.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I don't know where I called you stupid Shaye. All I pointed out was that MY OPINION was not the first of its kind, yet you chose to respond to only mine. Maybe I should post the definition of "singling out" as well. :tickled:

Okay, for the record... for those of you who share his opinion: I disagree with you, too. Thought that was obvious. By your definition, I'm singling people out every time I reply directly to them. That's just plain silly IMO.

The 'stupid' part is implying that I don't know what "opinion" means. and honestly, I don't even get that part... at what point did I indicate that your opinion was factually wrong?? Or that I otherwise don't know what an opinion is??

MadeInNewJersey said:
Like I said, no worries. I'm not the one who's seemingly all worked up over this.

I'm not worked up, sweetheart, sorry... and your replies sure sound a little pissed to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but it still reads that way to me. Whatever. Trust me, I have lots of other things to get pissed off about if I want to. Ever spend your entire lunch hour on the phone with Immigration? :p

Shaye

And now I find your singling ME out as rather fucking funny

If anyone is singling you out, it's because you told the people who don't agree with your "opinion" to go pound sand. It's hypocritical to take issue with someone else's method of discussing an issue when you clearly have problems in that department yourself.

booB said:
And now I find your singling ME out as rather fucking funny

If anyone is singling you out, it's because you told the people who don't agree with your "opinion" to go pound sand. It's hypocritical to take issue with someone else's method of discussing an issue when you clearly have problems in that department yourself.

The "pound sand" comment was a) in jest, and b) specifically in response to the very first post of the thread. I didn't bother wasting my time debating everyone else who agreed with him.

If you'd like to pound sand as well, please feel free. ;)