Hopefully a new seating arrangement this year? (all seating threads merged..ENOUGH...

General Zod said:
And would probably cost Glenn money. If he had to guarentee GB holders a spot on the floor and a seat, that would mean he wouldn't be able to sell as many tickets.

Zod

Another good reason not to do it.

Last year, when I felt I had to sit between bands, I just sat on the floor. Screw it. We wear pants so that our delicate asses are protected from whatever it is we sit on, right?

Greykiller said:

Last year, when I felt I had to sit between bands, I just sat on the floor. Screw it. We wear pants so that our delicate asses are protected from whatever it is we sit on, right?

Pants? You mean I have to start wearing pants!?

Heh, seriously, I mostly stand (a metal concert is just more fun that way) but sometimes I need to sit down for a few minutes between bands, and my delicate ass isn't sitting on a floor that has beer, mud, nacho cheese, and who knows what else on it. Not when there are so many empty seats at any given time. I'm accomodating enough to move if the person who thinks he owns the seat returns, but I couldn't care less if someone left a bag on the seat, or if his friend 6 seats away tries to tell me the seat is "saved".

General Zod said:
Hey Metal Rose,

I just noticed your avatar. You really should try to work past your issues with shyness and try to express yourself a bit.:loco:

Zod

I know. I'm really trying, it's just so hard.

BTW, after my Tittay's are gone, how are people going to discribe me or find me at PPVII? *Hmmmmmm I'll no longer be "The Crazy chick with the HUGE boobs"

Greykiller said:

You sat on the floor? Ack, sorry IMHO people like you drive me nuts. If I'm on the floor and have to get from point A to point B between sets I don't think of looking to see who's sitting on the floor. That's kind of dangerous in many ways.

-Metal

MetalRose said:
BTW, after my Tittay's are gone, how are people going to discribe me or find me at PPVII? *Hmmmmmm I'll no longer be "The Crazy chick with the HUGE boobs"

Hmmm... this could be a real opportunity for us to do some fun stuff with your hair and clothes. You know, not the usual boring stuff you do with them.

Shaye

MetalRose said:
You sat on the floor? Ack, sorry IMHO people like you drive me nuts. If I'm on the floor and have to get from point A to point B between sets I don't think of looking to see who's sitting on the floor. That's kind of dangerous in many ways.

-Metal

Ahhhhh but I am sitting on the floor about three feet from the stage...so I am sure there will be no problem.

And besides, you can trip over me, I would not mind catching you.
:dopey:

Greykiller said:
Ahhhhh but I am sitting on the floor about three feet from the stage...so I am sure there will be no problem.

And besides, you can trip over me, I would not mind catching you.
:dopey:

Awww thanks. :) Since you're only 3 feet from the front, then that's alright. I never understood the people in the middle of the floor doing that.

Lady_Urban said:
Hmmm... this could be a real opportunity for us to do some fun stuff with your hair and clothes. You know, not the usual boring stuff you do with them.

Shaye

Oh, good point! It goes back to my being shy thing. I think that this will really help me come out of my shell. What should we do with my hair? I wonder if I'll have enough courage to wear any bondage gear in public?...

-Metal

Sumeet said:
LOL, ok, plain and simple... if there is no person sitting in a chair (a person... not a bag, a pizza crust, or a pile of crap), then that chair is fair game. If I feel like sitting down, I'm moving your shit, and I'm sitting down. If your dumb little buddy 4 seats away tells me that the seat is saved, he can go fuck himself. If you, yourself, physically return to the seat, I will get up and let you have it. Not because you have any more of a valid claim to the seat than I do. Your claim that the seat is "yours" is complete shit, so don't even try it. The only reason I'm letting you have it is because I'm a nice guy.

Concise enough? :)

Thanks for the Cliff Notes. They work so much better!

And what you said sounds fair enough. The saving seats beyond 5-10 is bullshit in my eyes as well. There really are enough seats there for most people who want to sit. It hasn't really been too much of a problem that I've seen.

Peeps;

This may have nothing to do with the seating at ProgPower, but this is what I do when I go to BB Kings. What I usually do is I buy a VIP ticket, and then grab a table. I am willing to drop that kind of money to a)Enjoy myself, and b)Watch a show without any stress. My advice is do you REALLY have to get close to the stage? From what I understand is that the sightlines are pretty good at Earthlink. So, my advice is go towards the back. Most paople, for some ungodly reason, want to risk getting crushed in the loony bin in the front. I am there for the experience of the whole show. I find that you cannot appreciate the music when you are on top of the stage. So, if it is seating that you want, go to the back. Let the crazies run the front. You will enjoy the show more.

Peace,
Ray C.

MetalRose said:

<looks at MetalRose's avatar>

<looks at above quote>

"You? See anyone sitting on the floor? Nahhh, ain't happenin'!"

:tickled:

General Zod said:
You're worried that "the crazy chick wrapped in cellophane" is specific enough?:loco:

Zod

It was not cellophane, it was BUBBLE WRAP! ;)

<looks at MetalRose's avatar>

<looks at above quote>

"You? See anyone sitting on the floor? Nahhh, ain't happenin'!"
:worship: :worship:

Good point. Now people, do you see how dangerous sitting on the floor is?!?!

-Metal

J-Dubya 777 said:
I aim to entertain! Looking forward to seeing you again this year!
If Babs brings the "ball" we're both in deep shit!:D

J-Dubya

Don't worry Dub, I plan on the "Testing your reflexes with my Maglite" maneuver to take ya down. No need to worry about being hit in the head with a ball, besides something tells me you wouldn't notice it anyways....

BABS said:
Don't worry Dub, I plan on the "Testing your reflexes with my Maglite" maneuver to take ya down. No need to worry about being hit in the head with a ball, besides something tells me you wouldn't notice it anyways....

Is that the BEST you can do????

Bring it on, Tiny! :D

J-Dubya - would definately notice a bump on the noggin' from the Phantasm ball.......

I see both sides of this argument, and found myself finding a really tough time for ONE person much less more.

One thing I would like to see happen, although I don't know how it would happen unless announced before/during the show, is if you are sitting in groups, then consolidate your seating. Don't leave one seat between your group and another group on the other end just to avoid cooties or whatever. It creates an empty seat in the middle of the row that noone knows about; because all people do is motion and say "these are taken" when it's really "these 3 are taken but the one AFTER that and BEFORE the other group is open!" And if you are taking up a majority of the row, but leave 1 seat on one end, and one on the other, just to sit in the "middle" of the row...bump your asses over one seat and leave two seats open together! :)

ashaman7122 said:
Another seating thread...

You asked for it...you got it!

Kinda regret it now, don't ya? I know I do...

Rock on!

No now we just have one big giant clusterfuck LOL

Bear

NP: ARK - Burn the Sun