Hopefully a new seating arrangement this year? (all seating threads merged..ENOUGH...

J-Dubya 777 said:
Finally, if the unwashed sob is there this year, with his 3-day non-showered stench, I swear I'm going to beat him into a lather with a bar of soap in a sock! :D
J-Dubya

Hey man, you should try being my height, I'm always under someone's armpit. You learn to "breathe through your mouth"...

Yep, but in this case, someone's view of Savage Circus' bassist would be obstructed for a few seconds while the "beach chair" is being tossed around, forcing the individual affected to start a bitch thread after the festival. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
Disclaimer: This post is directed at no one in particular

Look, so, maybe I'm old school but I have no problem with big crowds, stage divers, mosh pits, and headbanging. :kickass:

ProgPower therefore is like a day at the beach. :kickass: :kickass:

When I'm not watching a band, I go to the bar and drink beer! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I mean, that's it really. Metal = Beer, Blood, Fire, and Death. And then some more beer.

What is up with the seats at Earthlink anyway. Rip them out and put more bars in place, with more HOT CHICKS serving pints of guinness and vodka, and then maybe we might have an easier time taking a piss or getting more beer when not having to walk through 3 billion fans waiting in line to get an autograph. :loco:

If not, rip the seats out anyway and put in some waterslides for the kids. Waterslides at a metal show would rule.

That is...by far...one of the coolest fucking responses I have ever read to anything on this forum...

You absolutely fucking rock!

Now...THAT is thinking "outside the box." Everyone else can just go fuck right off...

Rock on!

Anakinnnn said:
So I have read through 43 responses to my original seating dilemma now.

Here's what I have learned:

1. If you are truly metttttaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll, then you don't sit down at a metal show, thus making the seating problem a moot point.

2. Although I drive halfway across a continent to see a 2-day 10-band metal show with my significant other and my 2 closest friends, we don't deserve (nor should we expect) to sit together because our tastes vary.

3. Sitting down during some bands and standing up during others but still wanting to sit later is just plain crazy and asinine.

3. A bag is a completely fine, tried and true method, of claiming a seat for the entire show.

4. A single individual saving multiple or even rows of seats for others who will return "at some point" is considered by many to be perfectly legitimate.

5. The time of someone returning still seems vague at best. To some it means five minutes and then it's fair game...to others, it means that seat is saved for the duration of the show but you MIGHT be able to sit there for a little while until that person returns if you ask nicely.

6. Apparently people believe I have run out of things to bitch about although I have never bitched about an aspect of the show except that Enchant hasn't played yet. :D

7. That even though this metal show supposedly has the vibe of "one big happy metal family", don't expect the same family vibe courtesy in responses when posting about a personal problem occuring at the show that the promoter and crew may or may not be aware of.

My post was quite legitimate to me and I feel that it is an issue I have experienced every year I have attended. I brought it up so that Glenn and his crew knew that this problem has existed for me and maybe others. Is there a solution? I don't know. That's why I brought it up here. I felt like I had no disdain or indignation in my post. I was merely stating a problem with varied circumstances and was hoping to hear some solutions other than "pounding sand." But thanks for that one. I know what was really thought of my post at least.

Dustin mirrored experiences similar to mine when he and his pregnant wife were not able to find a seat and no one wanted to give up their saved seats. Apparently the family vibe exists out there as long as you aren't asking for someone to give up a saved seat. I am by nature a pretty passive guy and certainly don't look very foreboding. In turn, I have never been rude or obnoxious to anyone at the show until about the 10th time in a night I try to sit down in a LARGE section of empty seats and was told to get up. Even then, I have tried to reason with people and tell them my plight only to be harassed and cussed at and in one instance even mildly threatened if me and my group didn't get up after we had been sitting there for 45 minutes. Yes, I do feel the love of the metal family...

Basically, as far as I can tell, the "solution" is for me to bring my own bags/items/clothes/pizza crust/beer or whatever to place in the 4 seats I want at the beginning of each day and tie them to the chairs. Therefore, I am guaranteed a spot for the entire show whether I am there or not since that seems like a typical belief. I don't believe that is fair to others who shared my same plight before, but hey...."when in Rome..." right?

I just have to say I am kind of shocked at a lot of the responses I got. I really did believe I was trying to be the courteous one in my mind by NOT trying to save my own seats whether I am there or not. But so be it. I know where I stand (and sit) with the responses I got.

Thanks everyone. Cheers and rock on! Seeya at the show....center section, 3rd row up, 4 center seats right behind the sound board. Gold Badge does have it's privileges! If you don't see me, just ask my hot dog bun politely to sit there while I am gone, perhaps he will allow it....but only for a little while.

Anakin

Perfect!

Hit the nail right on the head! You see, it DID pay to complain, cuz look at what you learned as a result...now, that's constructive!

Glad we could help you out...don't forget the pizza crust in September...

Rock on!

JayKeeley said:
What is up with the seats at Earthlink anyway. Rip them out and put more bars in place, with more HOT CHICKS serving pints of guinness and vodka, and then maybe we might have an easier time taking a piss or getting more beer when not having to walk through 3 billion fans waiting in line to get an autograph. :loco:

They had a beer bar set up in there once during a Tesla show. Seemed like a great idea to me, but at that time, Vinyl wasn't open, and there weren't 1200 people in there, either.

I wonder if there's any possibility of such a set-up at ProgPower...

JayKeeley said:
If not, rip the seats out anyway and put in some waterslides for the kids. Waterslides at a metal show would rule.

Now THERE'S an idea!!! Screw corset night... we could have bikini night! I just got a new one... bring on the water slides!

Shaye

indeed, hey if someone isnt at a seat for a band you want and its being saved by someone...just ask if you may have that seat til the return, and youll glady move when they do :D

thats all it takes man :headbang:

i havent been here yet, first time this year, but that is the same for any festival

ashaman7122 said:
Cool...thanks for the clarification...

Must be a Jersey thing. In Texas, we'll just tell you to go fuck yourself.

And in the South, you get the advantage of saying it with a smooth, velvet drawl so you won't know if you're being insulted or not...yeah...Glenn knows what I'm talking about.

To each his own, I guess...

Rock on!

I don't think it's a New Jersey thing... I live right in the middle of New Jersey and I've never heard any such phrase. Around here, you also just tell people to go fuck themselves... and with no accent or drawl, so there's no mistaking that you're being insulted! :)

Sumeet said:
I don't think it's a New Jersey thing... I live right in the middle of New Jersey and I've never heard any such phrase. Around here, you also just tell people to go fuck themselves... and with no accent or drawl, so there's no mistaking that you're being insulted! :)

Sweet...

Another seating thread...

You asked for it...you got it!

Kinda regret it now, don't ya? I know I do...

Rock on!

General Zod said:
I'm with you. I have no clue why anyone would want to sit during a Metal show. I wonder if these people read during sex.:loco:

Zod

That's funny, but they might want to because:

1. The band they are watching is boring them beyond the depths of unconsciousness,

or

2. The other 51 weeks a year they stand all day at a job and want to chill out for the majority of the show. No harm there.

Being that it's a GM show, there's no stopping the save-age of the seats.

We'll continue to do it, sitting or standing for a band is preference, our group likes to sit and chill and enjoy the show, besides after walking around Atlanta all day doin things, it's easier on the feet. :)

At times when we know someone's not coming back (in line for autograpghs for example) we ALWAYS let someone sit for a while until our friends return. It's just common courtesy at that point. If they went to the bathroom, then no, sorry, someone's sitting there.

I let some girl sit next to me while her boyfriend/hubby/friend went down to the floor to catch Therion while one of our friends was grabbin a bite to eat downstairs. She fell asleep for about the whole set, her friend came back, woke her up and they left. No harm no foul, other than she missed one of the best performances at PP ever :loco:

Creeps said:
...She fell asleep for about the whole set, her friend came back, woke her up and they left. No harm no foul, other than she missed one of the best performances at PP ever :loco:

damn skippy! and you know where I was? I sure as hell wasn't sitting. I was taking this picture, among others. *evil laugh*