Newbie Question - Venue Seating & Setup

LunaTEKKE

Madness Reigns
Mar 23, 2006
Greetings!

This will be my first year attending, and I wondered if the veterans had any suggestions on seating preferences at Earthlink Live. (Assuming I can get TicketMaster Online to cooperate on Saturday, since we don't always seem to agree on the definition of "best available".)

Also, what's the setup like at The Vinyl Club? Circus Maximus is one of my new favorites, so I am anxiously awaiting ticketing info for the Pre-Party.

I'm sure I will be full of other newbie questions as the date gets closer.

Thanks!

It's all General Admission.

In the Vinyl, it's pretty much all standing room.

In the Earthlink, you've got standing room on the floor, and then all the seats are first come, first serve. There's not a bad spot in the venue though, so you won't have to worry about that. If you want an awesome seat though, I recommend getting there early.

YtseJammer said:
If the turnout is great, any chance of moving the gig downstairs?

I think the lineup is pretty strong, I would expect the preparty to sell out pretty quickly.

I expect the pre-party to sell out in a day, if not sooner. However, it is still the pre-party and will remain upstairs regardless.

Glenn H.

I hope the pre party doesnt sell out in a day. I might not have money to buy those until the following Friday. After 3 hundred plus dollars for progpower and my vacation on spring break I shall be broke.

Thanks to all for the info on seating -- and the tip to show up early.

Any unwritten rules on seating I should know about? (i.e. if someone with a better seat than me leaves for a few minutes, is it mine?) :)

Petethedrummer said:
It's all General Admission.

In the Vinyl, it's pretty much all standing room.

In the Earthlink, you've got standing room on the floor, and then all the seats are first come, first serve. There's not a bad spot in the venue though, so you won't have to worry about that. If you want an awesome seat though, I recommend getting there early.

Pre Party is in the LOFT, you dumbass! LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

LunaTEKKE said:
Thanks to all for the info on seating -- and the tip to show up early.

Any unwritten rules on seating I should know about? (i.e. if someone with a better seat than me leaves for a few minutes, is it mine?) :)

According to the somewhat long and arduous discussion we had previously on this board: if someone leaves, their seat belongs to the pizza crust they left sitting on it. :lol:

Hey, the pre-party line up is the strongest ever by far, but sell out in a day? Not a chance after they just buying main show tickets the week before.

I dunno, I'm probably going to have to phone in the PreParty order if possible, otherwise I'll need to borrow someone's laptop for 5-10 minutes at Powerfest!
J-Dubya

booB said:
According to the somewhat long and arduous discussion we had previously on this board: if someone leaves, their seat belongs to the pizza crust they left sitting on it. :lol:

Got it - thanks. Just didn't want to end up as the subject of someone else's "PP Horror Story" next year...

AngraRULES said:
Pre Party is in the LOFT, you dumbass! LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry - I originally posted the mis-information about the Vinyl on this thread...but I think I picked this up from the "Event Details" page.

booB said:

Hehe...arduous, indeed...

It's nice to see that some people actually learn things on this forum...you WERE paying attention, Boob...well done!

Just for the record...I already have my pizza crust...

Rock on!

ashaman7122 said:
It's nice to see that some people actually learn things on this forum...you WERE paying attention, Boob...well done!

heh... I don't care, I won't be sitting in the seats this year. They're uncomfortable as hell... I sat down through a few bands last year, and they made my ass hurt (the seats, not the bands). If I do any sitting, it'll be in the comfy seats out in the hallway.