the east coast and upstate NY areas are experiencing, we shouldn't
forget that Southern California has it's share of devastating weather
also. I've attached a photo illustrating the excessive damage caused to
a home from a west coast storm that passed through the San Diego area a
couple of days ago. It really makes you cherish what you have, and
reminds us not to take life for granted!!!"

Damage_zpskptcmb0w.jpg

:loco:

If anyone had any idea what the weather people do out here, you'd laugh your balls off. For months now I've seen commercials that say "WHEN HARSH CALIFORNIA WEATHER STRIKES, YOU CAN COUNT ON US FOR THE LATEST UPDATES!" Some news stations actually have weather updates BLOCK BY BLOCK for Los Angeles, it is frickin' hilarious!

Last edited:
Reactions: dorian gray
:lol: x 100. Man, you're killing me. I dug up another two inches of snow this morning.

Dude - seriously, what about the fires man. How close do they get?

I got this in an email a few weeks ago, still making me laugh. :D

Fires are about the only worry out here (besides earthquakes), if you live in the mountain areas it's pretty easy to get fucked proper every couple of years. Lots of houses burned last year, probably the worst since those Malibu homes +/- 10 years ago (toward the coast).

I know most people think SoCal is all gangs and skyscrapers, but there are an incredible amount of forests out here. Periodically they burn (always have, always will, it's just nature taking its course and is actually beneficial to the wildlife), and since so many people like to have their homes in the mountains, they fall victim every so often. I'm about a 40 minute drive from the San Bernardino and San Jacinto nat'l forests which means anyone near me is at zero risk, but anyone within a mile or two from the base of the mountain has the distinct possibility of losing their home. Last year the skies were black for a week, even by me. That was a very weird sight.

You guys have it hard down there. =< Poor NAD. I really hope there is some rainproofing on that deck, the thought of it not being there gives me the chills. Speaking of chills it's up to -10 degrees C up here! This is like t-shirt weather.

422513_zps5jmt69hy.jpg

Been having frost warnings for weeks and I'm all "fuk yah" cuz this album is all cold as ice and stuff.

422513_zps5jmt69hy.jpg

Been having frost warnings for weeks and I'm all "fuk yah" cuz this album is all cold as ice and stuff.

meanwhile in CT… no temperatures below freezing. forecast says 60 degrees for Christmas day. now THAT is insane. all of the spring bulbs in the ground are starting to shoot up, mosquitoes started to come back, working outside in a t-shirt from 8am-4:30pm, birds still chirping LOUDLY AS FUCK in the morning. its very bizarre, last year was similar in Nov/Dec, but nothing like this.

YES, mosquitoes! Ugh! We're expecting 70 degrees for Christmas, which isn't entirely uncommon, but the mosquitoes have got to go.