Summer Slowdown

Leyth Mulla

Aug 1, 2010
Queen Creek, AZ
It seems to me that, every summer, new music releases slow down to a trickle (especially during August). To me, this is not such a bad thing because it gives me the better part of a month to revisit some of the albums I bought over the last few years which have only been spun once or twice.

We (music addicts) all have varying ways of managing our vast collections. I, personally, use an alphabetized system that I have set up in an Excel database. Yesterday, I tagged 100 albums that I will be listening to over the next few weeks (amid the few new releases that are sure to pop up). Aiding me in this is the fact that my wife is visiting her side of the family in GA and FLA for the next 25 days… :D

How are you all spending the dog days of summer?

I had the same thought when my credit card cycle ended, and my discretionary budget(i.e. CD's) was largely unconsumed. I rarely have leftover $$. And my list of things to buy is quite short.

Chris

With the slowdown in new releases over the Summer months, I find myself picking up older material that I have on a wish list.

Once an addict, always an addict!:wave: