Tarja 2009 USA Tour

Think about all the drama within bands we love that we DON'T know about?!?!? Sure, this dirty laundry was made public. Same with bands like Strato, etc.

There are plenty of bands who have undisclosed inner turmoil.

The Blabbermouth reports usually read:
BAND X and DRUMMER Y have chosen to part ways. Each site musical difference as the primary cause. BAND X wishes DRUMMER Y the best in future projects, etc.

What this really means is:
DRUMMER Y has yet to make rehearsal on time.
DRUMMER Y is always drunk.
DRUMMER Y keeps hitting on the wife of GUITARIST C.
DRUMMER Y kept saying, "Hey guys, let's try some of MY songs"
Oh, right. It's always the drummer. Blame the drummer.

drummer.gif

In my experience, conflicts usually arise from the randy guitarists, egotistical lead singers and bassists with chronically low-self esteem. Drummers are only an issue when they self-combust, :devil: and then you just replace them.

Oh, right. It's always the drummer. Blame the drummer.

drummer.gif

Yeah, but they bring it on themselves.
I mean, they choose to sit lower than the rest of the band and place themselves at the back of the stage.

Sorry to all the skin beaters here.
We need ya, but you are all a bunch of basket cases!!! :lol:

Not sure if anyone has seen this.
It's a terrible remix of Cooper's POISON with Tarja's cover.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10zlhxP1YOU&feature=related[/ame]

Those are nice photos. :)

As for Tarja's covers - her covers are always terrible. She needs to stop covering classic rock and altrock hits, and cover some opera arias, or some musical theater. Or even some of the more soothing new age-y music out there. Basically, stuff that's more suited to her vocals.

Just want to help the "geographically" challenged people here:

MONTREAL AND TORONTO ARE NOT IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, :Smokedev:

Steve from Quebec city, USA :loco:

I know Tarja has been playing some shows in the past month.

Does anyone have a more recent setlist?

Is she still performing Nemo, Wishmaster, etc?
Any other NW material not previously performed?

This is the setlist from the last two shows of her East European tour, Nov 3. in Kiev, Ukraine and Nov 6. in Moscow, Russia:

01. Boy And The Ghost
02. Lost Northern Star
03. My Little Phoenix
04. Passion And The Opera
05. The Seer
06. Dead Gardens
07. I Walk Alone
08. Mike Terrana Drums Solo
09. Ciaran`s Well
10. Sing For Me
11. Nemo
12. Enough
13. Minor Heaven
14. The Reign
15. Oasis
16. Poison
17. Wishmaster
18. Die Alive
19. Calling Grace

Her shows are advertised as "camera friendly" so there are good quality concert bootlegs floating on the web besides the one filmed in Kuusankoski, Finland which she published on her website for free downloading last winter. (Actually in Eastern Europe and South America ALL concerts seem to be camera friendly ending on bootlegs for web rotation... ) Therefore I've seen both abovementioned shows and four others as well. Those recordings clearly show that Tarja and her band are much tighter and heavier live than the polished, overproduced CD presents them.