Thank you and good-night

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Before I go into my annual self-imposed exile for a couple of months, I wanted to leave you with a few notes:

*Thanks to all my crew for everything.

*The ProgPower USA X video will be on the website within a day or two. The overall website will be updated slowly over the next few weeks. Wayne Joyner did a hell of a job with it.

*The date will not be announced until Nov/Dec. I need time to get all of my stuff booked first.

*Astral Doors and I simply weren't able to come to an agreement for an appearance next year. It's as simple as that.

*I appreciate the kind words from everyone regarding this year's event. Constructive critcism will be noted and looked at.

*The theme for PP USA X, is indeed a split night: new blood, returning heros, and the legendary.

*I will not be addressing those who are disappointed in next year's roster. There will always be a vocal minority who are not satisified because I didn't book their favorite band, they don't know all the bands, their musical tastes are moving in a different direction that the fest, they wanted all new bands, they wanted all returning bands, there is not enough power, there is not enough prog, the oddball was not very unexpected and thus not an oddball :rolleyes:, the list goes on and on. I could debate the merits of each band's invitation/slot based on prior successs, artistic merit, current buzz, and history. However, it would be like talking to the wall in some situations.

*Sponsors will be announced once Deron has the website ready.

*I will follow-up any complaints or posts that I feel are unfair to me or my crew.

Otherwise, thank you and good-night.

Thank you my friend for a truely wonderful weekend of music, and enjoy your time off, you deserve it. Oh Yeah Thanks for ROYAL HUNT and DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA next year, great additions.

Although I've only been attending since VI, this was by far the best overall lineup IMHO. I may have liked other individual performances over the years, but this time I only had to say "these guys are f*cking awful" once the whole fest. Thanks again!

Great lineup for next year, but I have a couple complaints:
not enough power and not enough prog... :p
No seriously, great job and too bad about Astral Doors. It's a business, and I'm sure both you and the band had your reasons for wanting something the other wasn't willing or able to provide.
Having full days of "openers" on Friday and "headliners" on Saturday is interesting, but might become a bit exhausting on Saturday... better bring a whole box of granola bars for that day, cause there's not going to be any chance for dinner! :headbang::kickass::worship:
Bringing back Freak Kitchen or Evergrey would have been amazing, but then again, I might orgasm myself to death... which wouldn't be all that bad of a thing! :p
I hope everyone who complained about your invitation of Riverside will learn to shut up and trust you on your choices. Of course, I don't think that's ever going to happen. Oh well, you at least have my support. :headbang::kickass:

Congratulations on a job very well done, Glenn! :kickass:

Every year's line-up announcement is a surprise. Yet, every year turns out to be totally kick ass. Next year's line-up is no exception. On both counts. :)

Many thanks for allowing me to conduct in-depth interviews with PPUSA IX bands.

Enjoy your time away from the madness.

Cheers,

Bill

Next year is gonna be a freakin BRAIN MELTER for me! I can't believe I get to see ANDRE MATOS finally! Hella geeked. I mean, HELLA geeked.

Brainstorm, Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus... forget it. I'm gonna end up in a coma after next year!

Thank you Glenn for another year of suprises and definitely AWESOME performances. I think I partied the hardiest this time around and STILL had time to enjoy all the bands!

Bravo, sir, bravo!

Congratulations on another successful festival that seemed to pass by way too quickly despite being 4 days long. I now have several new bands added to my favorites list. I'm very excited for next year as well and am already planning on how I'm going to have the stamina to stand up front for two days. :)

Lastly, thanks for the recommendation to start with "The Art of War" - I spun that CD on the drive home from the airport yesterday and all I could think about is how awesome the Sabaton set will be next year and how loud I'll be screaming!

I most definitely looking forward to next year's show. Not only because of the obvious FW news, but I too cannot wait to see Diablo Swing Orchestra. I love it when you toss stuff like that in from time to time, just like with the year you had the Devin Townsend band. Something a little "different" to take a listen to!

Thank you for all you do Glenn!

Thank you for another great festival Glenn. I know I spent after last year learning about a lot of new bands and expanding my horizons. As far as next years lineup, Friday night I am freaking stoked about Sabaton!!!! LOVE this band. Royal Hunt would be higher on my list if DC Cooper was still with them (maybe we will get lucky and the man will come out and do some songs with the man. you never know, GLenn has pulled so much magic out of his behind before). I am not familiar at all with the first 2 bands. DSO is not a favorite of mine, but hey you can;t with them all. LOL Andre Matos should be interesting.
Now Saturday night is like a freaking Dream come true. HOLY SHIT!!!!! THank you so much Glenn for constantly putting on the best festival year and year out. YOU are the best.

Glenn what about Falconer? They where one of the most talked about bands easily? Is it a Astral Doors situation or do we have a chance seeing Falconer in the showcase?

Thanks for everything G. Had a spectacularly great time this year (specially for Saint Daemon and Mustache) and I think next years fest is going to destroy!!! Can't wait

Bear

Thanks Glen!!!

It was a fun fest and as always it was run very well. Next years is going to kill and I can't thank you enough for getting Fates Warning. My only regret is that I made no attempt to sponsor them. I had no idea that they would even be a realistic possibility. Enjoy your break!

Thanks Glen! As always.....you, your crew, and the festival in general are all a class act! Can't wait till next year.....amazing lineup!

a HUGE, and I mean HUGE thank you for this year's event... It was by far the best one I've been to yet and getting to spend alot of quality time with dear friends who otherwise I may not have ever met means THE WORLD...

It was AMAZING :worship: :worship:

and next year's line up is WOW... plain n' simple...

Glen thanks for your work in getting the bands to progpower. Next year cant get here fast enough.:headbang: