Thank you and good-night

Glenn... I've been to this festival since before I was old enough to drive there. Now I'm making sponsorship bids. Thank you just sounds a little inadequate.

Can't even imagine the hassles and shit you go through Glen to make sure PPUSA happens every year but you delivered 'BIG TIME' yet again. I come about 3500 miles from Western Canada to your show and all performers this year were exceptional. I even got a perverse kick seeing Barlow and crew get "iced" at the end of their set with their rig going down. As they say, ...shit happens. The Tenth Anniversary show next year looks to be miraculous... already can hardly wait. To yourself and all your crew... take a well deserved bow... see you next year... bl

*I will not be addressing those who are disappointed in next year's roster. There will always be a vocal minority who are not satisfied because I didn't book their favorite band, they don't know all the bands, their musical tastes are moving in a different direction that the fest, they wanted all new bands, they wanted all returning bands, there is not enough power, there is not enough prog, the oddball was not very unexpected and thus not an oddball :rolleyes:, the list goes on and on. I could debate the merits of each band's invitation/slot based on prior successs, artistic merit, current buzz, and history. However, it would be like talking to the wall in some situations.

Well, like what has been said. You can please most of the people some of the time, or please some of the people most of the time, but you could never please all the people all the time. Yeah, I've seen some of the pissing and moaning about the new lineup. Seems there are a few on this forum that never seems to be happy unless "thier" band(s) make the line-up. I certainly don't expect you to have to explain/justify your line-up and the reasoning behind it. Admittedly, I do find it an interesting bit of trivia the few times when you do. Personally, I thought this line-up was just friggan awesome, although admittedly, D.S.O. is not exactly my cup of joe, but I will give them a try.

*Sponsors will be announced once Deron has the website ready.

Awaiting (im)patiently for the announcement, especially considering one of the bands me and diamond45 put in a bid for made the line-up! :kickass: Friggan stoked about that one!

Otherwise, thank you and good-night.

And thank you for providing such an awesome festival for us to see and discover some really good/talented bands. This festival goes along ways to helping me discover more bands of this genre and keeping it all alive.

Thank YOU and good night!

Thanks so much glenn, for putting on an awesome show & festival & big huge thanks to the crew & all involved & the sponsors!!!!
Thanks mostly for bringing one of my all time favorite bands of all time, the Legendary Iced Earth w/ the True Voice of Metal-Matt Fuckin' Barlow!!!!! :D Thanks also for putting on a great show year after year!!! Oh & if I wore a hat, it would be off to you Glenn! lol You Totally Rule!!!! :D

Thank you so much Glenn. The team you have assembled gets the job done year after year, and nothing can be said about that. i empathize with the technical problems this year that were TOTALLY uncontrollable. and the fest "fickin" (new german word) rocked. all the best to you and the crew and get some well deserved rest.

He and his friend were the younger kids to stage right before the show, hanging close to the stage right? They looked really stoked to see IE :)

Yep. Justin (my son) had the long blonde hair and he absolutely worships Iced Earth. They both enjoyed the experience, as did my 8 year old who was afraid to be up in the pit. It was a killer experience for them. Everyone they met were really great to them. We're all looking forward to the next one!

Yep. Justin (my son) had the long blonde hair and he absolutely worships Iced Earth. They both enjoyed the experience, as did my 8 year old who was afraid to be up in the pit. It was a killer experience for them. Everyone they met were really great to them. We're all looking forward to the next one!

I think we sat behind you Friday night...? If it was you, a couple other guys, and three young-ish boys? The youngest of the three was rocking out HARDCORE to Iron Savior. What a blast!!

Glen,
Thank you and congratulations on another successful year!
Trying to satisfy everyone is pointless as there will be someone who says something negative just for the hell of it. I personally deeply appreciate this effort that you and the crew put on to bring this progpower fest to anyone who dares to have a kickass time and enjoy top-notch music of our time.
There is little that can be said about the PPUSA X, the line-up is amazing and can't wait to be back with the amazing community that comes together each year, bands, fans and crew.

Thanks again and I hope you have more than enough R & R,
-C

Hey man! It was awesome to get to hang out with you at the show, and then till friggan 5 in the morning in the front lobby of the Merriot! Glad you made it back!
Haha! that kicked ass, I'm glad I lingered.. Things like these make the festival worth the trip.

I also wish to thank both you and Miguel. It was cool hanging out with the two of you again this year. Keep it real and keep it metal until PP X!
Likewise Dave, it was great seeing you guys again. I'm sure next year will kick ass just as much if not MORE!

Glenn, my friend, before you go on your self-imposed exile, could you answer one question. WHY NO FALCONER???? Unless, u have them booked for the Thursday unofficial third day show. I along with many others want and need to know.

Glenn, my friend, before you go on your self-imposed exile, could you answer one question. WHY NO FALCONER???? Unless, u have them booked for the Thursday unofficial third day show. I along with many others want and need to know.

seriously?

I like Falconer and everything, but this is getting ridiculous. Everywhere I turn, "where's Falconer? why not book Falconer? hey if I could have booked any band I wouldn't care so long as Falconer Falconer and Falconer played!"

At this rate I hope Falconer NEVER plays PPUSA. :lol:

but in any case, let me go ahead and quote Glenn

Everybody just needs to relax. It's all good.

I've been second guessed from Day 1 and will be bitched at until I retire this event. If I'm going to take the praise from the majority, I can handle some critiques from the minority. Some of those type of posts are valid and have led me down certain paths over the years. Some of those are complete and utter horseshit from people that are simply clueless and that is ok. This forum probably has more armchair quaterbacks than any other forum combined and that's cool. It means people are passionate about the product. When the masses start speaking with their wallets and stop coming, then I will know I made the wrong decision. So far...so good.

As pointed out, there are a multitude of factors that go into my roster selection:

availability (i.e. Tarot & Nocturnal Rites are not available)
buzz/reviews
new material
budget
business favors
how the style fits in the overall roster
gut feeling
personal desire

Just because I have a handful of people on this forum being vocal for a band, doesn't mean they will be booked. If I went by what this forum said all the time, this festival would have crashed and burned a long time ago. There will be other opportunities down the road.

That's the cold reality of how you book a festival in the real world. If you want Utopian Fest 2009, book it. I'll be there to support you.

Just as a side note: I certainly didn't mean to imply in my post that I am not thankful to Glenn for putting on a fantastic fest that I look forward to every year, but that this was just an "off" year for me personally. One "off" year out of the eight that I've attended ain't so shabby. :)

I think that the folks here deserve teh tr00f at this point:

GLENN HATES FALCONER FANS.
In fact, Glenn spends that "self-imposed exile" of his playing Jimmy Buffet records backwards and contemplating all sorts of new and fiendish ways to disappoint Falconer fans.
He of course rubs his hands together in a maniacally plotting, Mister Burns-esque manner, and cackles sadistically as he sips Cuervo margaritas out of a hollowed out, mummified human head bearing a striking resemblance to Stefan Weinerhall.

I'm sssooper DOOPER cereal.