Thank you and good-night

Glenn, my friend, before you go on your self-imposed exile, could you answer one question. WHY NO FALCONER???? Unless, u have them booked for the Thursday unofficial third day show. I along with many others want and need to know.

Dude, FUCKING ENOUGH!!!!

Who cares why he didn't book Falconer? He didn't book Falconer because he didn't want to!! Goddammit, enough with this whole "WHERE THE FUCK IS FALCONER?!?!?!?!" crap!!!!

If you don't think the lineup is good enough with no Falconer, then just don't freakin' go!! Save some money, travel to Europe and go watch Falconer there, simple enough!!! I don't wanna speak for anyone else, but I don't think Glenn needs to explain to you or whoever why he booked this or why he didn't book that.

Dude, FUCKING ENOUGH!!!!

Who cares why he didn't book Falconer? He didn't book Falconer because he didn't want to!! Goddammit, enough with this whole "WHERE THE FUCK IS FALCONER?!?!?!?!" crap!!!!

If you don't think the lineup is good enough with no Falconer, then just don't freakin' go!! Save some money, travel to Europe and go watch Falconer there, simple enough!!! I don't wanna speak for anyone else, but I don't think Glenn needs to explain to you or whoever why he booked this or why he didn't book that.

and the crowd goes WWIIILLLDD!!! *aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* :headbang:

I just have to make one comment here. I am very disappointed to see one artist excluded from next year's roster, one who I'm sure we were all expecting to see perform at the landmark ProgPower USA X.

That artist is, of course: Stephen Lynch. :lol:

Sorry man... I don't think he's prog or power enough! But he would be pretty damn unexpected as an oddball! I think a rousing performance of "Kill A Kitten" would bring the fucking house down!

Dude, FUCKING ENOUGH!!!!

First off, no need to have the corn cob in your ass sideways, and if one of your faves didn't get picked you'd probably whine and bitch to any and everyone aboot it. IMO, to be the 10th anniversary show I am not all that impressed. It'd be like booking in the 90's Mike Tyson/Michael Spinks 2 when the fans are begging for Tyson/Holyfield. Or like in TNA Wrestling when they put the strap on Samoa Joe a year and a half too late. You keep stringing ppl along and eventually, they'll say fuck it. I know I have seen hundreds of ppl dying for Falconer for PPX, I just hope Glenn isn't ignoring the people who help put on this wonderful festival year in and year out. Because quite frankly, if we don't pay to go, there is no show. Anytime you are a promoter or a restaraunt owner or what not, the number one rule of thumb is the customer is always right. Who knows, Falconer may have told Glenn to piss off like someone in this forum said Fates Warning did a few years ago. All I was wanting to know was if Falconer was in the plans, never considered, etc. No need to get all GD'ing and worked up aboot it. I see bands on here that I wish ppl would shut up aboot too, but the beautiful thing aboot these forums is you have the freedom to say what is on your mind and ask what is on your mind and not worry aboot being criticized or ridiculed. I also realize in the same breath you have the right to ridicule and criticize as well, but you can get too worked up over it. Hell if my money sitch was better I was bypassing PP9 so I could see IE and Amorphis in Charlotte the same weekend. I have spoken to Gleen via e-mail several times and he has always been a polite, professional person and I have nothing but respect for all the work he and his co-horts put in to make this a go. The question is in no way a slap to his face or anyone else's, it just like the old Enquirer tag line says "Inquiring minds want to know."

First off, no need to have the corn cob in your ass sideways, and if one of your faves didn't get picked you'd probably whine and bitch to any and everyone aboot it. IMO, to be the 10th anniversary show I am not all that impressed. It'd be like booking in the 90's Mike Tyson/Michael Spinks 2 when the fans are begging for Tyson/Holyfield. Or like in TNA Wrestling when they put the strap on Samoa Joe a year and a half too late. You keep stringing ppl along and eventually, they'll say fuck it. I know I have seen hundreds of ppl dying for Falconer for PPX, I just hope Glenn isn't ignoring the people who help put on this wonderful festival year in and year out. Because quite frankly, if we don't pay to go, there is no show. Anytime you are a promoter or a restaraunt owner or what not, the number one rule of thumb is the customer is always right. Who knows, Falconer may have told Glenn to piss off like someone in this forum said Fates Warning did a few years ago. All I was wanting to know was if Falconer was in the plans, never considered, etc. No need to get all GD'ing and worked up aboot it. I see bands on here that I wish ppl would shut up aboot too, but the beautiful thing aboot these forums is you have the freedom to say what is on your mind and ask what is on your mind and not worry aboot being criticized or ridiculed. I also realize in the same breath you have the right to ridicule and criticize as well, but you can get too worked up over it. Hell if my money sitch was better I was bypassing PP9 so I could see IE and Amorphis in Charlotte the same weekend. I have spoken to Gleen via e-mail several times and he has always been a polite, professional person and I have nothing but respect for all the work he and his co-horts put in to make this a go. The question is in no way a slap to his face or anyone else's, it just like the old Enquirer tag line says "Inquiring minds want to know."

Dude... is this post an attempt at some sort of subtle humor or something? "Aboot"? Quoting The Enquirer? Using Mike Tyson and TNA Wrestling as analogies? Saying "if we don't pay to go, there is no show" (which Glenn himself already said), when it's obvious to even a casual observer that next year's show will sell out almost instantly, regardless of Falconer's presence? Lol.

There's a decent chance that Glenn may post his rationale for booking who he did. He's done it before and the straightforward way he's explained his choices in the past is one reason why so many here honor and respect him as a promoter, fan and friend.

....on the other hand, with comments like "WHY NO FALCONER??" and "I along with many others want and need to know", I wouldn't blame him for an instant if he said "Fuck it, who needs the drama" and didn't do it this year. Which would be a shame....

There were a number of bands I really like who weren't booked (along with 2 or 3 that I am really happy about). Do I whine about them not being booked?
HELL, no.
This forum is Glenn's house, so to speak, and whining about his band selections here is like going to a friend's house for dinner and then complaining that your meal is being served on merely the second-best set of china.

This forum is Glenn's house, so to speak, and whining about his band selections here is like going to a friend's house for dinner and then complaining that your meal is being served on merely the second-best set of china.

What, no PIEROGIES???? WHY NOT?? I and others need to know!!!!!!!!

I see bands on here that I wish ppl would shut up about too, but the beautiful thing about these forums is you have the freedom to say what is on your mind and ask what is on your mind and not worry about being criticized or ridiculed.

fixed your aboUts for you...

no, the thing is every five seconds someone is asking about Falconer and they won't let it go, unfortunately for you a lot of people see that you're the most vocal one as of late about it and its annoying as hell--yes there are people that post that they'd like to see a band but they don't always run it into the damn ground. There are discussions that involve mature conversation, then there are annoyances that people can't help but get agitated over. One of my favorites, Tarot, didn't get picked for this year but you don't see me running around asking WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!???? Come to think of it I don't think I've seen AngraRULES ever really repeatedly ask why someone didn't get booked. So you're wrong--not everyone whines and bitches about their favorite band not being a part of the roster. If you wished people would shut up about certain bands, don't you think you could apply that to yourself and use some amount of timing and discretion?

I already quoted Glenn and if its the popular thing around here to run things into the ground I might as well run something into the ground that makes perfect sense.

Just because I have a handful of people on this forum being vocal for a band, doesn't mean they will be booked. If I went by what this forum said all the time, this festival would have crashed and burned a long time ago. There will be other opportunities down the road.

That's the cold reality of how you book a festival in the real world. If you want Utopian Fest 2009, book it. I'll be there to support you.

First off, no need to have the corn cob in your ass sideways

Wow, I'm surprised you know that's actually possible. You must have tried doing that before. Please don't share with us your personal taste as far as that type of entertainment goes. We don't need to know.

And if one of your faves didn't get picked you'd probably whine and bitch to any and everyone aboot it.

I have "favorites" who I've been dying to see for years at ProgPower, and they have never been booked. Do I whine about it? Absolutely not. Do a search on my posts, and in the almost 7 years that I've been a part of this forum, you will NOT find a post of mine whining about my favorite band not being booked. If you don't know what you're talking about, just keep quiet. =)

IMO, to be the 10th anniversary show I am not all that impressed.

I have NOTHING against the fact that you're not impressed. It's a matter of taste, and I understand that. It's an entire different thing when you're bitching about not seeing your personal favorite on the roster. It doesn't take a genius to get the difference.

It'd be like booking in the 90's Mike Tyson/Michael Spinks 2 when the fans are begging for Tyson/Holyfield. Or like in TNA Wrestling when they put the strap on Samoa Joe a year and a half too late.

:lol: Wow... what an analogy.... I give you credit. :lol:

You keep stringing ppl along and eventually, they'll say fuck it.
Totally agreed, but you gotta remember Glenn hasn't been "stringing people along." The festival has still been selling out for years now (aside from PP VII when it didn't sell out by a matter of 5 tickets). People know it's a quality show.

I know I have seen hundreds of ppl dying for Falconer for PPX, I just hope Glenn isn't ignoring the people who help put on this wonderful festival year in and year out.

I understand that, and I've been seeing that too. But believe me, Glenn doesn't ignore the forum and its users. I'm not defending him just because, I've known Glenn for years now and I know how hard it is to book a festival. Sometimes bands are just plain unavailable, that's all it takes for a no-show. If the band already has plans, like a tour or studio time booked, I don't blame them for saying NO to a festival. And also if the person running the show, PAYING THE BANDS FEES and everything else doesn't think it's a good fit or whatever, guess what? He probably knows what he's doing.

Because quite frankly, if we don't pay to go, there is no show.
Wow, really?

Anytime you are a promoter or a restaraunt owner or what not, the number one rule of thumb is the customer is always right.

Absolutely. There's a thin line that separates what's acceptable, and what's not. It's one thing for you to have a regular customer at a restaurant come to the owner and say "Look, I was really hoping that you'd put this or that on dish A or B. Maybe you can think about that next time, it would be good." It's a totally different thing when a person who's never been in the restaurant before walks in screaming "DUDE WHY THE FUCK DO YOU USE BLACK OLIVES IN THE PIZZA? WHY NOT GREEN OLIVES? COME ON, I NEED TO KNOW! I DESERVE AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!"

Who knows, Falconer may have told Glenn to piss off like someone in this forum said Fates Warning did a few years ago. All I was wanting to know was if Falconer was in the plans, never considered, etc.

Which is fine, but you could've voiced it a bit differently. It sounded very whiny and very bitchy. Not to mention, there's been tons of people bugging him about Falconer. He must have a real reason.

the beautiful thing aboot these forums is you have the freedom to say what is on your mind and ask what is on your mind and not worry aboot being criticized or ridiculed.

Agreed. I wasn't trying to ridicule you, but honestly, it was a bit annoying that you had that attitude towards it.

Hell if my money sitch was better I was bypassing PP9 so I could see IE and Amorphis in Charlotte the same weekend. I have spoken to Gleen via e-mail several times and he has always been a polite, professional person and I have nothing but respect for all the work he and his co-horts put in to make this a go.

You're right. Glenn is a very respectful person, as professional as it gets and he knows what he's doing. It just gets old.

The question is in no way a slap to his face or anyone else's, it just like the old Enquirer tag line says "Inquiring minds want to know."

I still think there's a better way of enquiring, but that's just me.

There's a decent chance that Glenn may post his rationale for booking who he did. He's done it before and the straightforward way he's explained his choices in the past is one reason why so many here honor and respect him as a promoter, fan and friend.

I'm not going to do the play by play this year. However, I will put this issue to rest.

1. Saturday night's lineup has been in my mind for months. The "Returning Heros" was my theme. Therefore, there are only 6 slots available to new bands (not counting my last remaining Holy Grail aka FW on Sat). So you look at the styles on that night and balance Friday night accordingly. You may not like the returning heros idea, but you are in the MINORITY...by far.

2. You have to look at a the budget when booking and work your way accordingly. Yes, it's the 10th anniversary show but I missed the part where that meant I had 10x the budget to book everyone.

3. In terms of new bands, Tarot & Nocturnal Rites were not available. Mystery solved.

4. I had to establish balance on Friday in terms of style (for that night and how it balances with Saturday as well) and budget:

Power Quest- traditional power that fit my high energy demands for the opening band this year and my budget

Tomorrow's Eve- prog metal a bit different from the SUE/Andromeda/Pathosray mold I had this past year

DS0- oddball that will draw more people than what this forum believes. If you do your homework, you will find that their indy label SOLD OUT of the original run on their discs. They had to have more pressed. They are going to get a nice push from their new label.

Royal Hunt- They could have headlined one night any other year. If you don't agree with that, then you simply don't pay attention to status in Europe, longevity, and sales.

Andre Matos- True prog/power. Has sold over 1,000,000 million records worldwide over his 20 year career. Even if you don't like him, you have to respect those numbers.

That left me with one slot left for the ass-kicking power slot in the tradition of Angel Dust, Edguy, Tad Morose, Brainstorm, etc from previous festivals. You also need a band that fits the status and budget for that slot. You need a band that is on the verge of becoming headliners in Europe. You need a band that has a MONSTER buzz and is selling out shows on their own in Europe. You want a band that has a reputation as a total ass-kicker live (check out the reviews from Wacken, Sweden Rock, etc). Furthermore, my PERSONAL opinion is that Sabaton's "The Art of War" is the power metal album of the year. Period. It's not even close. And finally...it's simply my decision on who I want to see.

I had to chuckle when i read the "100's of people" have requested Falconer bit. Perhaps 20 people have requested Falconer 100s of times, but that's not the same thing. I have nothing against Falconer and they will get a shot (if they want it) in the future. However, this year simply wasn't it.

I know I have seen hundreds of ppl dying for Falconer for PPX

Overstatement.

I just hope Glenn isn't ignoring the people who help put on this wonderful festival year in and year out.

He booked Elvenking this past Progpower. I can personally vouge for the man to say he's CLEARLY not ignoring people. Instead of clamouring for Falconer constantly (I'd like to see them play as well), try simply PROMOTING them in the forum. Talk about them, get them new fans. The bigger the forum buzz that ISN'T "OMG FALCONER FOR ALL 10 SLOTS OF PROGPOWER + THE SHOWCASE", the more attention the band gets.

Because quite frankly, if we don't pay to go, there is no show. Anytime you are a promoter or a restaraunt owner or what not, the number one rule of thumb is the customer is always right.

Bing, wrong. The customer is NOT always right. If any business followed this business plan, they'd last 2 minutes. The #1 rule is "make sure problem customers go away and don't come back."

Andre Matos- True prog/power. Has sold over 1,000,000 million records worldwide over his 20 year career. Even if you don't like him, you have to respect those numbers.

Damn! 1,000,000 million records? That is what? One trillion? That is a shitload of records sold! That should even make Michael Jackson green with envy! Just kidding, I knew what you meant. Selling over a million records in this biz is not something to sneeze at (believe me, I am the proud owner of a few of his myself, including picking up his solo album at PP IX this past weekend). I wonder how many records Nightwish and/or Sonata Arctica managed to sell by now in comparison.

Any, again, friggan awesome work here and looking forward to this lineup. I am friggan stoked that you even managed to pull off Fates Warning, a band I figured I would never see play ProgPower! Yeah, seeing Falconer would've been cool, and believe me, there are a few other bands that I'd love to see as well. But I am not going to sit here and piss and moan about it.

Thanks for the interesting and insightful look at how this came about. Whether people agree or disagree with your reasoning, we all knew you had your reasons. After all, whose to argue with a nearly perfect track record thus far?

He booked Elvenking this past Progpower. I can personally vouge for the man to say he's CLEARLY not ignoring people. Instead of clamouring for Falconer constantly (I'd like to see them play as well), try simply PROMOTING them in the forum. Talk about them, get them new fans. The bigger the forum buzz that ISN'T "OMG FALCONER FOR ALL 10 SLOTS OF PROGPOWER + THE SHOWCASE", the more attention the band gets.

Or better yet, put your money where your mouth is and friggan PUT IN A SPONSORSHIP BID for them, like what 'nailz' here has done for Elvenking (much appreciated dude! They friggan kicked ass, plus even I got a chance to hang out with them - really cool guys.).

And finally...it's simply my decision on who I want to see.

That is probably the #1 thing that people just don't get on the forums... Glenn calls the shots. :)

If Glenn doesn't like it, they don't get chosen. Simple as that. If you want your band, either start your own festival, or at the very least put up a sponsorship bid. Put up or shut up.

Sad to see that Tarot wasn't available, but glad you tried.

Thank you Glenn for clearing up Falconer. And to anyone else I offended with my post and reaction to your reactions to it, no harm or ill will was intended. I tend to be shoot first and ask questions later, like some of you are from time to time. I am like you, I want a line-up I feel is worth my money and time. PPX as of right now just doesn't do it for me. Maybe when I can sample some of the band's work, I may change my mind. I mean I am pissed Glenn didn't use my WarGames idea with Ralph Stanley as the guest referee. I believe I posted that in a guess the bands for PPX or something, if I find it I'll repost it. But I am over it now, again no harm no foul on this end, hope the same for all.

Here is what I was referring to:

OK, here is the REAL SCOOP. On that Friday night, Lemmy, Dio, Bruce, Rob and Ozzy will face the reuniting New Kids On The Block in a WarGames steel cage match. Remember, ProgPower is held in the same building WCW used to do it's TBS shows, so Glenn has decided to pay homage to that bit of history with this great match. Guest referee will be Ralph Stanley.

Thank you Glenn for clearing up Falconer. And to anyone else I offended with my post and reaction to your reactions to it, no harm or ill will was intended. I tend to be shoot first and ask questions later, like some of you are from time to time. I am like you, I want a line-up I feel is worth my money and time. PPX as of right now just doesn't do it for me. Maybe when I can sample some of the band's work, I may change my mind. I mean I am pissed Glenn didn't use my WarGames idea with Ralph Stanley as the guest referee. I believe I posted that in a guess the bands for PPX or something, if I find it I'll repost it. But I am over it now, again no harm no foul on this end, hope the same for all.

All good. I hope you get to enjoy as much of the festival as I do every year regardless of the lineup. Once you come for a few years, you'll find out that the lineup is not the most important thing about it. :headbang: