Thank you and good-night

Dude, FUCKING ENOUGH!!!!

Who cares why he didn't book Falconer? He didn't book Falconer because he didn't want to!! Goddammit, enough with this whole "WHERE THE FUCK IS FALCONER?!?!?!?!" crap!!!!

If you don't think the lineup is good enough with no Falconer, then just don't freakin' go!! Save some money, travel to Europe and go watch Falconer there, simple enough!!! I don't wanna speak for anyone else, but I don't think Glenn needs to explain to you or whoever why he booked this or why he didn't book that.

I second that! :kickass:

I am like you, I want a line-up I feel is worth my money and time. PPX as of right now just doesn't do it for me. Maybe when I can sample some of the band's work, I may change my mind.

Check out some of Sabaton's material. They just might be enough to get you there despite no Falconer on the bill.

DS0- oddball that will draw more people than what this forum believes. If you do your homework, you will find that their indy label SOLD OUT of the original run on their discs. They had to have more pressed. They are going to get a nice push from their new label.

Oh, I agree 100% with this. I don't think many folks know about the sellout and repressing of their first disc. And this is one of those bands that seems to have a lot of outside appeal. I've been giving this CD as gifts to people, and so far everyone has loved it. It's certainly very different, which is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.

dt

I'm glad the whole Falconer thing was cleared up, too. I understand how it is to really want to see a band live, but you can't get pissy about it if it doesn't happen. I can honestly say that there has always been at least one band on the ProgPower roster that I've been dying to see each year. Andromeda was that band for me this year. Next year, I look forward to finally seeing Andre Matos and Royal Hunt (of course, I'm all about Fates Warning, but I have seen them three times). I'm never 100% satisfied with the lineup, but can anyone really say that they are with any festival? Sure, there are still bands out there that I think are deserving of being on this roster, but that's what future festivals are for.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I had to chuckle when i read the "100's of people" have requested Falconer bit. Perhaps 20 people have requested Falconer 100s of times, but that's not the same thing. I have nothing against Falconer and they will get a shot (if they want it) in the future. However, this year simply wasn't it.

That's enough to keep me happy. :)

Just to let the rest of you know, not all of us Falconer fans are bitching and whining about not having Falconer this year. I offered a sponsorship bid on them, and haven't said anything until now. Sure, I'm disappointed, but I'm not about to pitch a fit. :)

Yep. Justin (my son) had the long blonde hair and he absolutely worships Iced Earth. They both enjoyed the experience, as did my 8 year old who was afraid to be up in the pit. It was a killer experience for them. Everyone they met were really great to them. We're all looking forward to the next one!

I've been going since PPV. I'm really tempted to bring my son with me next year, as he's been going to concerts since he was about 3 (he's 10 now).

Normally I'm very protective of him in the pits, but I think PP would be the one place I wouldn't worry. If you bring your children next year, and I'm in the front in the pit, please feel free to send your children there. I promise as a mother that your children won't be hurt. And I think as crazy as we get, everyone in the pit pays attention...

-Metal

I've been going since PPV. I'm really tempted to bring my son with me next year, as he's been going to concerts since he was about 3 (he's 10 now).

Normally I'm very protective of him in the pits, but I think PP would be the one place I wouldn't worry. If you bring your children next year, and I'm in the front in the pit, please feel free to send your children there. I promise as a mother that your children won't be hurt. And I think as crazy as we get, everyone in the pit pays attention...

-Metal

My 8 and 13 year olds were with me. The PP crowd is awesome.We all had a great time. Everyone went out of their way to make the kids feel accepted. I agree that this is the one place where we do not have to worry. Michael, my 8 year old, wanted to be in the pit, but he kinda chickened out at the last minute. But after watching his Brother and best friend grabbing guitar picks and whatnot, I guarantee he'll be down there next year. MetalRose I'll be down there for sure. Looking forward to hanging out with you!

My 8 and 13 year olds were with me. The PP crowd is awesome.We all had a great time. Everyone went out of their way to make the kids feel accepted. I agree that this is the one place where we do not have to worry. Michael, my 8 year old, wanted to be in the pit, but he kinda chickened out at the last minute. But after watching his Brother and best friend grabbing guitar picks and whatnot, I guarantee he'll be down there next year. Rose I'll be down there for sure. Looking forward to hanging out with you!

Were they the two 13 year-old boys on the front rail nearly all weekend? They were great! My buddies and I were infront of them on Thursday until we saw them. Al (80s_Al here) asked how old they were and we thought it was so cool to see the next generation present that we promptly switched spots with them to give them the rail. I was happy to see they had that spot for most of the weekend. It was cool to see them getting lost of great stuff from the bands. :headbang:

Metalrose if you bring your son next year, you know he'll be spoiled rotten :cool::p

Metalrose if you bring your son next year, you know he'll be spoiled rotten :cool::p

I know, between Circus Maximus and Pagans Mind... I'm seriously looking into options right now and there's a 50/50 chance he'll be there, and I wasn't planning in bringing him until he was 16 or so...

I just have a lot of things to weigh, but I'll keep you all updated.

-Metal

I know, between Circus Maximus and Pagans Mind... I'm seriously looking into options right now and there's a 50/50 chance he'll be there, and I wasn't planning in bringing him until he was 16 or so...

-Metal

If you bring him, it would make a kick ass surprise when you tell him.

-Metal

Yeah, like you'd have to watch him all weekend instead of being free to party party party all you want :)

Serious consideration!

My parents used to throw a HUGE Christmas bash every year and they'd ask my 1 friends to bring their kids every year and every year they'd say. But then we'd have to pay attention to them and not just kick back and have a great time like we do every year. (kids never came)

I wish I had a mom like that...

I'll adopt you. :)

Yeah, like you'd have to watch him all weekend instead of being free to party party party all you want :)

Well that's the thing. I'm talking with a couple of people and *may* bring my own babysitter just to hang back at the hotel for the weekend. That way I could still go out a bit and not miss bands- but as far as after parties- well I'd be only making a cameo.

So really, it's just a matter of finding the right, trustable person and seeing how much airfare will be... 'Cause airfare x3 people (right now I'm looking at about $1000 for 3 people) as well as hotel on my own, etc...

-Metal