The "No B.S." Interview

The place emptied out during Rage's set at PPIV as well, but I don't remember people blaming Rage for it and they put on a spectacular show. I would bet that most people who bailed on PC69's set had never heard them, never even gave them a chance and left because of the genre. I know I made the same mistake during Freak Kitchen, much to my everlasting regret. At least FK came back and I was able to catch them the next year.

PC69 rocked. It was awesome to see them play live and to meet them. Gotthard will be even better! (thinking positive!)

Yeah... so? Rage *actually* put on an awesome show. I saw a little of PC69 and didn't think they put on anything close to awesome. A lot of people said the same thing, dude.

One more thing... I guarantee you most of the people had checked out PC69 beforehand. I'm sure it was a small percentage who didn't actually know anything about them. I may be wrong, but I strongly feel that way.

Again, we'll agree to disagree, but I have nothing against PC69, I even own one of their albums. I just didn't think they were anything special from what I saw.

I have to admit that I couldn't really get into Sabaton prior to seeing them at PP last year. I really wanted to like them, especially given how much the people on this forum and Glenn himself really dug them.

After meeting Joakim, seeing him interact with the fans all weekend, and reading the Sabaton article in the PPUSA X Program, I just couldn't help but enjoy their music more than I had before.

I have to admit that I couldn't really get into Sabaton prior to seeing them at PP last year. I really wanted to like them, especially given how much the people on this forum and Glenn himself really dug them.

After meeting Joakim, seeing him interact with the fans all weekend, and reading the Sabaton article in the PPUSA X Program, I just couldn't help but enjoy their music more than I had before.

Same here. dagny_t, myself, and another friend of ours chatted with Daniel, the keyboard player for a decent ammount of time. I know dagny_t and our other friend went off with some of Sabaton later on to party at the Artmore. The "other friend" in question is a HUGE Sabaton fan, and we just sort of threw her at the band, much to her horror. But she got over it. :)

They're just such nice guys, it's hard for me not to appreciate the music a bit more.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least that Stratovarius would be one of them. Also, I don't know if they're one of the "f" bands but I think Amorphis might be one of those that just thought of it as another gig. I just got that impression when I met them, but luckily it didn't impact my opinion on them as a band. Those Mustasch guys were kickass though.

This is another great point. I know that my interaction with a member or members of a band could affect my appreciation of their music, too. However, it usually only goes one way for me. If I'm not into a band's music, having the coolest conversation with one of said band's members doesn't necessarily prompt me to enjoy their music more; but it will make me think, "That guy's really cool."

On the flip side, if I really dig a band's music and the band members turn out to be shit stains on the underwear of society, I'm bound to turn coat immediately. In fact, one such band is a band that played ProgPower last year, though my bad experience with them occurred eleven years ago. For the most part, though, I've had pretty good to great experiences meeting musicians, especially at ProgPower.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Also, I don't know if they're one of the "f" bands but I think Amorphis might be one of those that just thought of it as another gig. I just got that impression when I met them, but luckily it didn't impact my opinion on them as a band.

As for Amorphis regarding the show as "just another gig"....not quite.
As I recall, they varied their setlist for ProgPower, and they DID make special ProgPower-only t-shirts for the gig.

As for Amorphis regarding the show as "just another gig"....not quite.
As I recall, they varied their setlist for ProgPower, and they DID make special ProgPower-only t-shirts for the gig.

I could be wrong. I was just saying as far as what it seemed to me. I could very well be wrong. I had not seen them before, so I really don't have anything to compare it to. I didn't even know they had progpower specific shirts.

Don't get me wrong I love Amorphis, but I wasn't very impressed with their performance to be perfectly honest. It could've just been me though and for me, them being after Riverside probably didn't help things as I thought Riverside were one of the best from IX.

So, is question #9 coming anytime soon? I've enjoyed reading the answers very much. There have been some great questions indeed.

I still hope Glenn hasn't crushed the ProgPower Book idea completely. I'm sure it'd be quite the read.

So, is question #9 coming anytime soon? I've enjoyed reading the answers very much. There have been some great questions indeed.

I still hope Glenn hasn't crushed the ProgPower Book idea completely. I'm sure it'd be quite the read.

I'm a bit behind with all the Turisas stuff. However, it is coming soon!

As for the book, I do indeed plan to write that one day after I retire the fest. I just need a good lawyer to proof it before it sees the light of day.

Thanks for answering my question, Glenn! Every so often with the oddball bands selected, I imagine you thinking "I like this band. This'll also wig out a few people. Dance my puppets, dance! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" :lol: It's good that it's not the case, though. :)

I like seeing which bands you invite that are considered strange selections, even if I don't like the band. It's nice to see a band that's a bit more out-there get some exposure.

Yeah, no offense to all the Volbeat fans out there (I love them too btw) but I think them not being there at IX was a blessing in disguise as Mustasch rocked that fucking house! It would be still nice to see them though.