The "Now Playing Thread" - The Return

Now listening to right now (which arrived in the mail just this past weekend - thanks Lance!)

Suspyre - A Great Divide:

51m1YGZPNzL._AA240_.jpg

This is an awesome album!

NP: Cryptopsy, "Carrionshine" (and also Brian aka dcowboy311's voice...I'm listening to the archive of the May 26th WREKage broadcast).

Before that, a new Mors Principium Est song.

Soon to follow, new To/Die/For, Watain and -- this one floored me -- something from Lykathea Aflame. Thanks to Brian. :)

Hmm, not really anything obscure, as it's not really my forte as a genre.
I'll recommend Godhead's Power Tool Stigmata from their older, gothier period, and Evolver, their most recent, as a damned good straightahead hard rock CD.

Godhead are amazing! I saw them on tour with Ill Nino and Ra several months back. It was an amazing show, to say the least!

Ever check out Circle of Dust? The vocalist, Klay Scott, has also worked on projects called Brainchild, Angel Dust (with illusionist Criss Angel.. not the band we all know here), and is now known as Celldweller. Simply awesome! MiNu Vyrus from Kalamazoo, MI is also great!

I just came across her the other day. Good stuff. Somewhat like a more industrial version of Rasputina.

Ah, good comparison! Ever see Rasputina live? :lol:

Godhead are amazing! I saw them on tour with Ill Nino and Ra several months back. It was an amazing show, to say the least!

Yep, that was fun. Good seeing Godhead again, since they don't get to tour the East too often. Having said that, they were just here a few weeks ago with American Head Charge, ironically enough. :D

Ever check out Circle of Dust? The vocalist, Klay Scott, has also worked on projects called Brainchild, Angel Dust (with illusionist Criss Angel.. not the band we all know here), and is now known as Celldweller. Simply awesome!

Oh yes indeed....Celldweller's self-titled CD (well, their only one so far) is one of my Top 10 CDs ever. It's astonishingly diverse -- everything from dance rhythms to gothy songs to flat-out metal -- and every song has been licensed in numerous places.
I've been privileged to see Celldweller live only once so far, but I was extremely impressed by their performance. :kickass:

I've tried my darndest to book them for Dragon*Con this year (and also last year), and they were 'in' from D*C's end, but to their great regret and mine, Klayton won't quite have their live show ready in time. Having seen them that one time, I can believe it: their performance required impeccable timing and synching with video screens, etc.

Now: Sonata Arctica - Unia

Previous 4:
Savatage - Edge Of Thorns
Cheap Trick - Dream Police
Rush - Roll The Bones
Accept - Russian Roulette

Ah, good comparison! Ever see Rasputina live? :lol:

Yes, twice now. They've come up to Albany and played at this small performing arts studio both times. The show is recorded to be played on the public radio station that owns the place, too. I've yet to hear it broadcasted but I don't check their site religiously for their schedule.
http://www.wamcarts.org/
The second time was amusing because Melora commented on this "heckler" as she called it. Though it seemed more like a guy who had smoked way too much pot before the show. He couldn't stop laughing at one of her jokes/intros. Like 2 minutes into the song he was still laughing. Finally a guy working there asked him to be quiet because they were recording.

NP: nothing... I last was listening to Xandria a few hrs ago.