Top10 Keyboardists

I uh... agree with razoredge.

also, Rudess? lmao people. seriously?

Oh shi-

And yes Rudess. His work with Dream Theater isn't 100% of his style. He's able to play and write so many different styles, and play/write them well. He has great technique, and even thuogh he does what he does a bit much, it still is something that he does alot better than alot of people.

True enough. I like him far more in LTE than I ever did with DT.

I like LTE far more altogether. Its awesome without all the overproduction, and with the novelty themes, and its just packed full of riffs that are really fun.

Thats one thing I really like to hear keyboardists do.... play fun riffs. Like that one at the end of When the Water Breaks. When I heard that I laughed because it was unexpected + awesome.

my favorites at least in terms of metal:

Andre Andersen (Royal Hunt)
Derek Sherinian (Planet X)
Erik Norlander (Ayreon, Lana Lane)
Jens Johannson (Stratovarius)
Richard Andersson (Majestic, Time Requiem)
Michael Pinnella (Symphony X)
Tuomas Hopalainen (Nightwish)
Mustis (Dimmu Borgir)
Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater)
Bob Katsionis (Firewind)

Michael Pinnella(SX)
Martin Hedin(Andromeda)
Ronny Tegner(Pagans Mind)
Sven Karlsson(Evergrey only on "In search of truth")

Speaking of evergrey ISOT is the only album i got :cry: but im looking into others...also from the videos ive seen the most recent keyboardist is pretty good

I hope your inclusion of Tony Kaye is based on: his playing on the first three Yes albums, having seen him live, having heard him play live.

In case you don't know, Trevor Rabin played most of the keyboards on those three Yes albums.

Yeah, Tony is just good for filling in spots in the rythm really. Being probably the biggest Yes fan, I hate to admit that about Mr. Kaye...Patrick Moraz is really good...bearing in mind you don't listen to the Moody Blues crap. The Yes album Relayer that he was on, along with his Various bands and solo albums are great..er, musically.
Rick Wakeman
Alan Wakman
Matt Guillory
Kevin Moore
Vitalij Kuprij
Tony Banks
Janne Warmen
Patrick Moraz
John Greenslade
Gary Werkamp