WANT ANOTHER BAND THIS YEAR???? (update 5/4)

We've got a better chance of getting Nanowar than Powerglove.

There's only one band I know of with a unique sound that outdraws everyone but the headliners and could draw a wider audience.

The kicker here that it's a band that's outdrawn their headliner. Powerglove did not outdraw Dragon Force. I enjoyed the hell out of 3 when I saw them, but can't remember who they opened for. Terminal 5 last year. Anyone from the area remember? Gone through a whole list of 2010 releases and can't find a band who fits all the criteria.

The kicker here that it's a band that's outdrawn their headliner. Powerglove did not outdraw Dragon Force. I enjoyed the hell out of 3 when I saw them, but can't remember who they opened for. Terminal 5 last year. Anyone from the area remember? Gone through a whole list of 2010 releases and can't find a band who fits all the criteria.
February 15th, 2010
The writing process is well under way and a title is already set:
Front man Michael Poulsen explains: “The Album title is “Beyond Hell/Above Heaven”
(no reference to religious beliefs). The title refers to the overall theme of the album, and it continues the storyline from where “Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood” left off…”
The album will be released in September throughout Europe. The band are very excited about the writing process, carrying the songs into both extreme metallic territory, punk variations and some very catchy stuff at the same time. On top Volbeat is bringing in various guest appearances. Michael continues:

“We have fast, slow and mid-tempo songs. We still blend different styles of punk, rock’n’roll, rockabilly, metal, heavy metal, thrash metal, country – we still keep it very open, it’s just music! I cannot say too much about it right now, but we’re really excited about it and it’s going to be very, very cool. Again we’re going to give people something they haven’t heard before. We always try to do something special and different on each and every album.”
Watch out for much more news about “Beyond Hell/Above Heaven” upcoming shows and much more on this site…

Well? Maybe?

Well, I love Volbeat, so that would be fun, just not sure they meet all the criteria. Did they outdraw ALL their headliners? They were suppose to play ProgPower last year, I think, (or year before?) but pulled out to do a European tour. Don't think Glenn was too pleased with them. Crap, my memory's going to hell.

BTW, band I was thinking that 3 warmed up for was Porcupine Tree and it was a couple years ago. They did not outdraw them.

As much as I'd love this to be 3 I don't think they've out drawn their headliners.

In recent tours they've been with Pocupine Tree (2x), Scorpions, Chevelle, C&C, ProgNation, etc

The only headliner they might have outdrawn :)waah:) is Brazil back in 05. I really wish this band would just become more popular since they are so awesome.

Congrats folks. The minimum goal has been reached. I will continue to accept donations to help offset the remaining fee that I will cover. However, that is my responsibility so this is the last post you will see on it.

I'm extremely grateful to everyone that emailed me with their donations.

And yeah..I'll announce the band sometime this morning...

That's great

Time to sit at work and hit F5 every now and then to refresh and watch for the announcement :)

Congrats folks. The minimum goal has been reached. I will continue to accept donations to help offset the remaining fee that I will cover. However, that is my responsibility so this is the last post you will see on it.

I'm extremely grateful to everyone that emailed me with their donations.

And yeah..I'll announce the band sometime this morning...

ProgPower Nerds Fuck Yeah!!!!

The same report was heard after the Atlanta show, too, hence my prediction.

Not sure what got this thread of on Powerglove, I was not suggesting they were this "mystery" band. I was just making a statement of what appeared to happen at that show. The show had many folks there that one could tell just did not go out to see bands and you could just piece together that it was Powerglove that pulled them out of their mom's basement.
Also going on the aspect that they toured with Dragonforce I would bet more people in the U.S. know them than SA even concerning CD sales.

I don't care who they are. This is my one week of the year to immerse myself in my religion. I trust Glenn's and the fans judgement. I'm in.

I by no means meant that you thought it was them, I just find it very shocking that Powerglove would've had the most people out at the SA show. Others suggested, even if it might've been sarcastically that it was them.

That appeared to be the case. Many folks that just were not the concert going audience at all and they filed out after Powerglove. Honest;y I thought it were a shame I mean they were already there so why not stay.
I also don't think it is to far of a stretch to see Powerglove having more of an appeal in the U.S. than SA, SA is bigger in this forum than in the U.S. in a whole. Bear in mind that Powerglove has captured that whole video game geek audience, not to mention the Dragonforce tour was a lot of exposure that I would bet was more than SA has had over all their years in the U.S. And we cannot underestimate that geek audience either, many of whom couldn't careless for metal or concerts they just are early 20 year old kids who like the band that play the Power Rangers theme.
I had no idea on how the show would have went over but I seriously believe have that band and the tiresome gimmick on the bill saved it from being a dud. All of this was abundantly clear by watching traffic at SA's merch table, the shirts on people's back, ctoed response, and people leaving after the second band was over.
But I'm not saying SA did not have a good crowd themselves there were still several left.