WANT ANOTHER BAND THIS YEAR???? (update 5/4)

What about one of the lesser bands that's on the Ozzfest 2nd stage, if not this year's then maybe a previous year's Ozzfest? Certainly most of those don't qualify for this fest, and might be considered up and coming and if they appeared on an Ozzfest stage, then most of the youngsters have probably purchased enough of them at Hot Topic to qualify sales-wise? I'm thinking some kind of Nu-metal thing, like a Devildriver or something like that...thoughts?

Ok my choices.

Opeth

I'm thinking some kind of Nu-metal thing, like a Devildriver or something like that...thoughts?
I can't tell, are these jokes with an extremely dry sense of humor, or...? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm honestly just curious since I can't think of any scenario where a nu-metal band's management would call Glenn and be interested in playing the festival.

My theory: Powerglove. (I'd be ambivalent on them.)

I would love, LOVE, LOOOOVE it to be Turisas, though.

And Alestorm was fun, too. Just by walking to my car after the show, me and Ripper became lead singer Chris Boles' "new best friends!" Much drunken hilarity ensued. :lol:

This is a most intriguing situation you have presented Glenn... and also one that is worth supporting... have my hopes as to who it is but I am content to wait and find out... PPUSA XI is already beyond awesome... a little more icing on the cake won't hurt... my sheckels are on the way... bl

A: Mutiny Within
B: Mutiny Within might qualify here also
C: With the crapfest that has been the last two Sonata Arctica cd's, I could see Mutiny Within out drawing them.

Just a shot in a dark, who knows. :loco:

Going on watching the Raleigh SA show it looked like Powerglove pulled in more of the audience than SA, and the Roadrunner cookie cutter band. After Powerglove the crowd appeared two thin 50% it seemed.

I'm not surprised, considering how the hardcore rednecks, I mean Pantera fans can be as open minded as a wall. :lol:

I personally never really thought they were amazing. A good band at best, although their live show (I saw them in 2001 with Slayer, Static X and Morbid Angel) was fun.

By the way, I mean no offense to Pantera fans. However, 90% of the rednecks say Pantera is the greatest thing in the world next to beer and incest :lol:

No this would not be offense to Pantera fans I'm sure.
As for being "open minded as a wall" pay much attention to progressive / power metal fans? (rhetorical).
Well I can certainly see that I'm not the only one here that will make broad generalizing statements with no regard for the possibility of offending.
Personally I'm not a Pantera fan really and often referred to it as redneck tough guy metal myself but to suggest that the fan bases is generally closed minded coming from here is calling a kettle black. And knowing that Pantera's fan base often tend to also be fans of; Metallica, other nu metal, more mainstream artist, and most often hip hop as well already shows that they may generally be more "open minded" in their taste than an Angra fan who might like Sonata Artica too. No matter if the mainstream and Ozfest dictates to these guys what they are to listen to the same thing happens with most power progressive metal listeners. This can be be seen if one simply watches this forum alone objectively.

Donation sent Glenn.
Thanks for putting up the 2/3rds and willing to take a loss on this!!

I honestly do not see what all the arguing is about.

I do not care who is the band is...its Glenn that is asking.
He has always been cool with me so I help out when I can.

Going on watching the Raleigh SA show it looked like Powerglove pulled in more of the audience than SA, and the Roadrunner cookie cutter band. After Powerglove the crowd appeared two thin 50% it seemed.

Are you sure? That just seems bizarre. No way it could be them though honestly. Remember, Glenn said they pull in a broader audience. I would think the audience for Powerglove is smaller than most of the bands at Progpower. The only reason they're on a lot of tours is because they're cheap I'm sure.

And again, on what tour have they been on where they outdrew the headliner?

I thought you gave up. Hypocrite.

Honestly, I find this more amusing than anything considering people are naming bands that obviously don't fit hardly any of the criteria Glenn listed. Some things are just way too predictable on this forum.

Hmm, but who thinks powerglove has sold more albums than every band on this year's lineup except the two headliners? Its certainly possible but I don't find it likely.

Another possibility but maybe only as likely as Powerglove is Volbeat. Did they draw more than Nightwish when they opened for them?