WANT ANOTHER BAND THIS YEAR???? (update 5/4)

Hear hear. I've seen Manson live and it was one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Agreed 100%. I've seen 3 Manson tours and every one of them was amazing. His live performance is always great.

Gaga would be awesome indeed, :lol:. And no love for Behemoth? Hands down the tightest extreme metal band in the world, period.

Wouldn't go that far, especially given the quality of their past few releases...but goddamn do they have a killer live set.

See, I can understand why one would say that, but personally I prefer their last three releases... The Apostasy, Evangelion and Demigod are my favorite Behemoth releases.

And yes. Their live set is killer every. single. time.

From the schizophrenic corner - I fully expect to not be a fan of the mystery band, just from the description. I also think that adding another band, making the fest start even earlier, is going to make for some LOOOOONG days.

That said, I want to support Glenn and keep PP going for years to come, so money sent!

Steve in Philly

The one and only time i seen Manson, he came out after a crushing set from Pantera in their prime and was booed off the stage with people throwing stuff at him and his band:lol: he didnt get to play long enough for me to say if it was good or bad:err:

The one and only time i seen Manson, he came out after a crushing set from Pantera in their prime and was booed off the stage with people throwing stuff at him and his band:lol: he didnt get to play long enough for me to say if it was good or bad:err:

I'm not surprised, considering how the hardcore rednecks, I mean Pantera fans can be as open minded as a wall. :lol:

I personally never really thought they were amazing. A good band at best, although their live show (I saw them in 2001 with Slayer, Static X and Morbid Angel) was fun.

By the way, I mean no offense to Pantera fans. However, 90% of the rednecks say Pantera is the greatest thing in the world next to beer and incest :lol:

Agreed 100%. I've seen 3 Manson tours and every one of them was amazing. His live performance is always great.

Gaga would be awesome indeed, :lol:. And no love for Behemoth? Hands down the tightest extreme metal band in the world, period.
Well I would just have to say a big fat "nope" to this one! I've seen Behemoth like 4 or 5 times, and while i'm a huge fan, i've always thought they sound sloppy as shit live! You're right though, they put on a face-breakingly good show! Dying Fetus however... now thats a tight live act! To this day they remain THE best sounding live band i've ever seen!

Haha, I'm pretty sure these bands would never be on ProgPower anyway, but even if they were, based on their popularity I'm SURE they would have to be headliners, not the 3rd-highest out of 7 bands.
??? I think Porcupine Tree would be perfect! However, they are a bit big for this fest and have the ability to draw a few house on themselves alone. C&C would be cool too and they did do a national tour opening for Heaven and Hell but I don't know (or think) that they out sold H&H. They were awesome though!

The suggestions here are hilarious, except for one or two. Been checking out a number of labels' website to see whose touring and who has new releases. Not really helping nail it down. Threw in my donation, and look forward to the announcement. Totally agree that if we're only a little bit off, that should be noted before the idea is nixed.

Hmmm I am puzzled. I was going to guess EXTREME as they opened up for Ratt last year and I heard stole the show every single night and rocked each venue, the only thing is that they won't have a new album coming out, atleast I don't think. Gary Cherone was on Eddie Trunk a few weeks ago and talked about how he would love for Extreme to openf or Dream Theater so a ProgPower fest wouldn't be too out of the question for me.

But Extreme are definitely NOT "on the rise", as Glenn put it.

I'm just gonna throw in my guess being Gojira. I mean, its no worse than some of the other suggestions I've seen.

Ok my choices.

Fair to Midland
Opeth

Intresting....a few bucks sent...being unemployed sucks when you can only support in spirit

I threw in $25, if another band comes, great, if not I tried to do my part. More than likely it's not my cup of tea, but I cannot stop playing Glenn's top 2009 CDs in my playlist so why not. The latest Redemptiom, holy crap! Masterpiece!

Holy hell I was just going to say ALESTORM and you beat me to it. You were the last post I had to check. I love them and hope it is them. I'm following Zod's plan. Pay a little now and more later if I love the band. Thanks as always to Glenn.

They definitely had the largest crowd when I saw them open for TYR. I'd be happy to see them live...they are definitely energetic.