Watain, Withered, Book of Black Earth tour

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Watain, Withered, and Book of Black Earth will tour the U.S. together this fall. Here's the schedule:

10/3 Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
10/4 Montreal, QC @ Katacombes
10/7 Boston, MA @ The Middle East
10/8 New York, NY @ Knitting Factory
10/9 Pittsburgh, PA @ 31st St Pub
10/10 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
10/11 Chicago, IL @ Reggie's Rock Club
10/12 Des Moines, IA @ Vaudeville Mews
10/13 Denver, CO @ Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom
10/14 Salt Lake City, UT @ Urban Lounge
10/15 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
10/16 Portland, OR @ Rotture
10/17 Oakland, CA @ The Metro
10/18 Hollywood, CA @ Knitting Factory
10/19 San Marcos, CA @ Jumping Turtle
10/20 Tempe, AZ @ The Sets
10/21 Farmington, NM @ Gator's
10/23 Dallas, TX @ Reno's Chop Shop
10/24 Victoria, TX @ Mario's Ballroom
10/25 Austin, TX @ Red 7
10/26 New Orleans, LA @ Red Dragon
10/28 Tampa, FL @ Brass Mug
10/29 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
10/31 Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
11/1 Allentown, PA @ Sterling Hotel

Watain alone is worth it, but Withered is fantastic too. Haven't heard Book of Black Earth.

It's good to see more black metal tours. Horna is doing a US tour, too \m/

I dislike BoBE so much. they're from here. Hipster black metal. The guys in the band are nice, and some of the dudes from my band Skelator live with the ex-bassist, Jeffrey Emmet Hayes III, bu their music is just not right for this tour.

What do you mean by hipster black metal? You mean like Wolves in the Throne Room, Nachtmystium, and Alcest? They've all received a lot of praise on Pitchfork and other hipster sites and hipsters think it's "cool" and "edgy" to like them. If they're like any of those bands musically (except for the new Nachtmystium, that thing blows) I'll be pleased.

What do you mean by hipster black metal? You mean like Wolves in the Throne Room, Nachtmystium, and Alcest? They've all received a lot of praise on Pitchfork and other hipster sites and hipsters think it's "cool" and "edgy" to like them. If they're like any of those bands musically (except for the new Nachtmystium, that thing blows) I'll be pleased.

I can't say they sound the same, no. But same attitude (both of the hipsters and the band members thinking they're hot shit because they're in a fake black metal band).

I cannot recall the last time I saw an active tour and said wow I need to go to this. When does the crap stop touring?