What about Into Eternity?

Recently?! They've been changing members of their lineup since the beginning. Tim Roth has been the only original member for years now.

IE would be interesting for prog power. Just because a band tours a lot doesn't mean they wouldn't be good for the show. Their music rules. It doesn't matter how many times I hear it.

I think alot of you should honestly question your taste in music if you get tired of it so easily.

Yes, I am quite aware of the changes over the years. But I think Rob brought a lot of energy to the band, and they should take careful considerations to finding a more appropriate replacement. So, until they can give me a steady lineup that I can expect to see remain consistent on tour, I say no sir. I'll certainly still spin the shit out of the new album, but in a live setting, I don't need them right now, especially at PP.

Recently?! They've been changing members of their lineup since the beginning. Tim Roth has been the only original member for years now.

IE would be interesting for prog power. Just because a band tours a lot doesn't mean they wouldn't be good for the show. Their music rules. It doesn't matter how many times I hear it.

I think alot of you should honestly question your taste in music if you get tired of it so easily.

Welcome to Progpower USA chat pre-PP5, circa 2004

Yes, I am quite aware of the changes over the years. But I think Rob brought a lot of energy to the band, and they should take careful considerations to finding a more appropriate replacement. So, until they can give me a steady lineup that I can expect to see remain consistent on tour, I say no sir. I'll certainly still spin the shit out of the new album, but in a live setting, I don't need them right now, especially at PP.

I certainly miss the Amorphis through Hammerfall tour lineup. They were tighter than they've ever been, but as long as Stu and Tim are in the band, they'll be fine and they'll continue to kick all kinds of ass.:headbang:

And I still stand by my point. You guys are spoiled to the core as far as tours go. Would you actually complain if they were booked for a future PP just because you've seen them a few times? It's not like they'd be headlining (which, if that were the case, I could understand).

This would be a horrible selection for ProgPower or the pre-party. Aside from the fact that they're a terrible live band, they're playing all fifty states... next week... twice.

Zod

Would you actually complain if they were booked for a future PP just because you've seen them a few times? It's not like they'd be headlining (which, if that were the case, I could understand).

Yes. You seem to be missing a few points:
1. Into Eternity has already played ProgPower.
2. ProgPower is about exclusivity. Bringing a band that plays everywhere everyday is hardly considered exclusive.
3. Many IE fans who love their studio releases are totally unimpressed with them live.
4. IE's music this very complex, ergo they have to be very tight avoid disintegrating into cacophony live. Constant member changes prevent that from happening.

Yes. You seem to be missing a few points:
1. Into Eternity has already played ProgPower.
2. ProgPower is about exclusivity. Bringing a band that plays everywhere everyday is hardly considered exclusive.
3. Many IE fans who love their studio releases are totally unimpressed with them live.
4. IE's music this very complex, ergo they have to be very tight avoid disintegrating into cacophony live. Constant member changes prevent that from happening.

I've seen them 3 times now and each time they've impressed me more than ever. They're one of the tightest bands I've ever seen live, actually.