Yes! Jorn Lande Rejoins MASTERPLAN

mëtålspëd;8215950 said:
How about anything old?

I even enjoy it when he is doing something akin to Adult Contemporary :lol:

Haha...I've seen that before and I'm trying to find out where I can get a copy of that album. I've got just about everything that Jorn's done (Millenium, The Snakes, Vagabond, etc) and I enjoy it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we're even, because I don't know how anyone can rate Masterplan's debut as great. Everything about that disc just seemed to scream mediocrity.

One of the Top 10 wrongest statement in the history of the interwebs. :heh:

Burn the Sun is definitely one of the best albums of this decade. Agreed with the rest.

Zod

Wow! I think Ark - Burn the Sun is an enjoyable listen, but has some filler to these ears. I've never claimed to be a prog head though. With that said, Masterplan's debut is desert island listening for me. It's one of the best power metal discs ever!

~Brian~

Wow! I think Ark - Burn the Sun is an enjoyable listen, but has some filler to these ears. I've never claimed to be a prog head though. With that said, Masterplan's debut is desert island listening for me. It's one of the best power metal discs ever!
The disc does fade after the first 8 tracks. But those first 8 tracks are beyond real.

Zod

mëtålspëd;8215950 said:
How about anything old?

I even enjoy it when he is doing something akin to Adult Contemporary :lol:

:zombie:I wished I had not seen that. :lol:

Color me an Ark & Masterplan fan ( Debut album)

I thought the Debut Masterplan album was very good. Although I think Jorn is a fantastic singer, I have not been a huge fan of his solo stuff. For me, Burn the Sun and the first Masterplan are the best things he has ever done for my taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burn the Sun is in my top 3 fav cds of all time. Every aspect of that cd is amazing and the music is so well-written and Jorn's vocals blow away anything he has done period. That Burn the Sun cd is music from heaven to me and I don't have much hope of anything else bumping it out of the top 3.

Burn the Sun is in my top 3 fav cds of all time. Every aspect of that cd is amazing and the music is so well-written and Jorn's vocals blow away anything he has done period. That Burn the Sun cd is music from heaven to me and I don't have much hope of anything else bumping it out of the top 3.

QFT

Cool news. Masterplan's debut seemed average to me, but Aeronautics is one of my alltime fave albums, love it! MKII didn't do much for me, but I found that to be more of a songwriting issue than a vocal one.

I don't think Jorn has appeared on anything completely mind blowing at all. Ark-Burn the Sun is a cool disc, but I don't think its the 2nd coming like alot of people here are making out. Masterplan was decent, his solo albums are pretty ordinary.

I actually like Jorn best on Beyond Twilight. Millenium isn't bad either.

This is very exciting news to me since I am a HUGE Jorn fan of everything he does! I think MP1 was incredible because of the songwriting, the vocals and the music is inspiring. It also was my jumping off cd into more prog/power metal.( I know its not proggy,but it got me into his other stuff!)
I cant wait for the new solo cd, Avantasia The Scarecrow2, the new Allen/Lande cd and now a new Materplan cd??? :OMG: Can it get any better?
What I am hoping for is a Masterplan tour in the US to bring Jorn BACK to America!!!:worship:rock:
I am so happy about this news!!!! But after my interview with him last Nov in Germany, I wasnt surprised...hehe.

Masterplan is mediocre. The first one is better than the second one though...

Anyone else feel the Helloween guys have never quite matched The Dark Ride either? Just as Jorn has never matched Burn the Sun and the first Beyond Daylight, easily his finest works ever.