You got to Hear Marco sing on this!!!!!

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwTtDr5JPz4

The video of the track "While Your Lips Are Still Red", written by Tuomas as the main theme track for the upcoming Finnish feature film "LIEKSA!", is now available in YouTube from the link below. The track features Marco on vocals, Tuomas on keys and Jukka on drums. Though "While Your Lips Are Still Red" is not exactly a Nightwish-track, it will be included as a bonus track on Nightwish's forthcoming "Amaranth" CD-Single.
The movie "LIEKSA!", directed and written by renown Finnish movie director Markku Pölönen, premiers in Finland during September 2007.:OMG:

Damn this shows a side of Marco's voice I don't think alot of people have ever heard, that is why he is alwyas in my top 10 vocalist

I'll be there too. We'll take a photo for ya, :heh:
That is an amazing video. I can't wait to see him singing live again!
I shall be there as well! Yup John we will take a picture, or even pictures, for you - I think I'll let AMBR do that with her better cam though :p

Cool video and song, I had heard of this project before so it's nice to see the outcome.

Nice song. The fact that Marco can change it up stylistically just adds to my opinion that Marco is one of my favorite singers! Damn! I wish that Tarot would play here in the US. Well at least he seems to be singing more on the upcoming NW album.

Marco's voice is so goddamned amazing. 16 days 'til I get to see Tarot again, and this video got me even more excited! :D
I'll be there too. We'll take a photo for ya, :heh:
That is an amazing video. I can't wait to see him singing live again!
I shall be there as well! Yup John we will take a picture, or even pictures, for you - I think I'll let AMBR do that with her better cam though :p
You count me in guys! I'll soooo be there and I'll bring my camera with me, too :headbang:

Only it will be a tough night after the three days of madness called Tuska :heh: See you all there! :saint:

You count me in guys! I'll soooo be there and I'll bring my camera with me, too :headbang:

Only it will be a tough night after the three days of madness called Tuska :heh: See you all there! :saint:
Heh, the ProgPower Ultimate Metal Forum contigent will be taking over Tuska and the Tarot gig. Look out! :kickass: Now we just need freakchylde to weigh in.

Marco sounds great, but the song is rather boring.
Is this a new Nightwish tune? If so they are now 0 for 2 .. for me at least. Are these guys metal any longer ... doesn't sound like it. The video was awful as well.

Britt

Ah .. is see in the first post in the thread this isn't really a Nightwish tune .. good thing .. it was a boring track. The singing was pretty good actually.

Cause a song can't be good if it's not 'metal'. =/

I thought it was a good song. While I love Marco, and I'm impressed by the capability of his voice, I actually don't think his voice sounds that great like this. Would we really be paying attention to this if this song was just a random band with a male singer? I'm impressed by his versatility, but I don't think him singing this way is his strength.

Also, did the song seem similar in parts to Eva (not the style, but the actual melody/chord pattern). Some parts really felt like they were straight from Eva

Cause a song can't be good if it's not 'metal'. =/

I thought it was a good song. While I love Marco, and I'm impressed by the capability of his voice, I actually don't think his voice sounds that great like this. Would we really be paying attention to this if this song was just a random band with a male singer? I'm impressed by his versatility, but I don't think him singing this way is his strength.
I thought that his voice was fine liek this. But, as you pointed out, his strength is with his metal/rock voice, not to mention how well he can work the audience as a co-frontman.

Also, did the song seem similar in parts to Eva (not the style, but the actual melody/chord pattern). Some parts really felt like they were straight from Eva

Well, Touomas did write it, so i guess there might be some melody similarities in the two songs.