Zero Hour

guardian26

Mike the Cop
Aug 4, 2002
MASSACHUSETTS
What did you guys think of Zero Hour? I was totally impressed with them. Erik's voice was stunning. Mike's drumming was great, as were the Tipton brothers guitar and bass. I saw Jasun playing a wild solo while talking to his guitar tech who was standing off stage. How the hell does anyone do that? What a great band and very nice guys.

I really enjoyed their set. Jasun's technicality was stunning to say the least and the range of Erik's vocals made my jaw drop. Of course, they were very tight in their playing and pulled off some amazing stuff. And the guys were so personable when meeting them, it just made me like them even more. With a little work on their stage presence and maybe adding keyboards as they do in the studio, hopefully theses guys will explode on the scene

Four words:

Zero Hour kicks ass!

Aside from the fact that their set was flawless, they are some of the nicest guys in the music industry. I wish nothing but continued success for them.

GZ

They were indeed some of the nicest musicians I have ever met in my life. They are extremely talented and deserve more attention. Although I am a power metal fan, I really enjoyed their set and I thought they did a great job in opening the festival.

I wholeheartedly agree with every sentiment on this thread concerning ZH. Amazing skill, amazing music, and the nicest guys you could meet off stage. ToA was wholly new to me when I went to PP. I bought the album the first moment I could and I've been listening to it incessantly ever since. Fucking brilliant.

Did anyone pick up Death Machine as well? It's so sick... any ZH fan who can stand hardcore style vocals should jump on this disc.

-Darrin

I wish them all the best. REally. That said, I don't think I've ever sat through a more boring set than either of those "Zero" bands. It was the anti-concert for me. Sorry.

Am I impressed with their skill? Yes. Am I more impressed with the other bands who have equal skills and more entertainment value? Hands down.

Does anyone know the setlist (and order) that Zero Hour played at the show? I know two of the songs were untitled. If anyone has a list, please post it here?

Thanks!
Darrin

And here it is, the official setlist of Zero Hour for PPIII for those who want to know!

Stratagem
Eyes of Denial
song 1 (new tune)
Demise and Vestige
song 4 (new tune)

That's directly from Troy Tipton.

But apparently the Zero Hour guys are comedians as well! They (at least the brothers) were on my flight home Sunday and all I heard from the three rows behind me was laughter the whole way home -- It was cute! When the plane was landed and we were all getting off, they even had one of the stewardesses back there laughing and telling stories ...
Nice guys!!!

But apparently the Zero Hour guys are comedians as well! They (at least the brothers) were on my flight home Sunday and all I heard from the three rows behind me was laughter the whole way home -- It was cute! When the plane was landed and we were all getting off, they even had one of the stewardesses back there laughing and telling stories ...
Nice guys!!!
LOL, my wife and I were on the same flight, though several rows up. My best friend and his wife were back there sitting with the twins and spent the whole flight chatting and goofing off with them. Needless to say we were very jealous.

they didn't do Subterranean?...*maybe getting lyrics mixed up*

I absoutely loved them. The guys are totally cool..although I never got the chance to talk to Erik. Meeting Jasun, Troy, Mike, and Kirk (whose the singer on Death Machine) late Saturday night/Sunday morning at the Fairfield was a big thrill!...They even did some radio ids and discussed things about the band, music, their other interests. I had to buy their whole catalog after seeing them and DM too. It's great to see many fans liked them and picked up their material after seeing them

Kyle

Originally posted by woosta
Am I impressed with their skill? Yes. Am I more impressed with the other bands who have equal skills and more entertainment value? Hands down.

Regardless of the forum, it seems that you and I tend to disagree more often than not. None the less, I'm curious as to which bands you see as having equal skills, but more entertainment value.

By the way, where were you this weekend? FALCON and I were keeping an open eye, but never saw you.

GZ

yeah, i'd like to know who you you were referring to as well, woosta. I mean, Zero Hour's set completely destroyed the one Spiral Architect played last year, and they're really one of the better technical metal bands out there. or were you referring to bands that aren't exactly under that umbrella. also, I don't really think it's fair to lump the two "Zero" bands because I at least thought that they were *very* different from each other.

Ryan

Actually, both bands seemed exactly the same to me. The vocals were different, but it was like the same cd with different singers or something. And they WERE better than Spiral Architect last year, but considering that Spiral Architect was the single worst performance of ever had the disprivelege of seeing, that's not saying much.

As for "equal talent", I'm talking about bands not under the "prog" umbrella. Take a band like Gamma Ray, for instance. You'd be hard pressed to find a band that is better than them because they have the whole package: technical skill, live show performance skill, song writing skill with melody, and a tight well rehearsed unit. Until some of these prog bands take notice of, say, Threshold or Superior and what they do to help the music translate into a "show", then they'll always be somewhat less for me.